U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2008, 07:41 PM

29,465 posts, read 33,755,515 times

Advertisements

The add is very clever and will be interesting to see if McCain responds. He can't blame it on Obama since he is the one that dragged Hilton in to the race.
Vote for Paris! Hilton 'enters' election race with spoof ad - Yahoo! News (broken link)

LOS ANGELES (AFP) - Paris Hilton has thrown her hat into the US presidential race, declaring her desire to campaign against "that wrinkly white-haired guy" and threatening to paint the White House pink if elected.

Paris Hilton Responds to McCain Ad from Paris Hilton, Chris Henchy, and Adam "Ghost Panther" McKay
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2008, 07:45 PM
NCN

21,136 posts, read 21,166,415 times
Obama people look! You have competition. She would probably be better than Obama. Do you think together they could split the "popular type vote" and give the election to McCain. Great idea!

Old 08-05-2008, 07:48 PM

3,325 posts, read 4,698,385 times
Lol did you see that ad . How funny ESP when Paris tried to look smart by talking about energy .

She was spoon fed every word. It was a well done spoof on Mccain .
It must be nice to have so much money that you can actually respond to a political ad with your own ad .

Old 08-05-2008, 07:49 PM

5,160 posts, read 6,623,068 times
I thought she died. Oh wait a minute is was just her "career" that died.

It was interesting that her mom had nothing to say when her skenk daughter had her sex tape all over the internet, but now mom is so deeply troubled that her daughter was portrayed in a commercial.

I'm sure Paris is loving any attention that can come her way. Even the paparazzi are done with her,LOL

But give her props, it was a funny "ad"

Old 08-05-2008, 08:42 PM

1,049 posts, read 1,706,857 times
haha good parody

Old 08-05-2008, 08:45 PM

10,316 posts, read 5,429,863 times
The best comment on all of this was from Jay Leno, he said something like "Of all the videos of Paris to be in that her Mom and Dad get upset over, I would never have thought it would be the McCain one"

Old 08-05-2008, 08:53 PM

956 posts, read 1,083,166 times
I just saw this ad and I think it's hysterical. As a matter of fact, I say good for her.

I had no problem with the McCain ad. He wanted to get people's attention and he did....not to mention a whole lot of free airtime.

Paris's follow-up is very clever. In fact, I have a new found sort of odd respect for her.

Tucker Bounds (McCain Spokesman) had this response: "It sounds like Paris Hilton supports John McCain's all of the above approach to America's energy crisis - including both alternatives and drilling. In reality, Paris Hilton may have a more substantive energy policy than Barack Obama."

No link for that ... I just rewound my DVR and paused it to copy it here

Old 08-05-2008, 09:28 PM

1,049 posts, read 1,706,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
The best comment on all of this was from Jay Leno, he said something like "Of all the videos of Paris to be in that her Mom and Dad get upset over, I would never have thought it would be the McCain one"
it's probably more related to the fact that the hiltons gave money to mccain.

Dave Chappelle/Rick James: "I should never have given you @#%#@ money!"

Old 09-25-2008, 03:37 AM

5 posts, read 8,882 times
I love watching election spoof, and for me it's awesome. Making fun of presidential candidates is the best! LOL, I also watched many videos about election spoof and I think Hilary Clinton Stain is the best. What you think guys?Want to see the video, here's the link: [url]http://www.potflix.com/challenge/view/election-spoof?curr=hillary-clinton-stain[/url] .

Old 09-25-2008, 04:38 AM

2,193 posts, read 5,147,190 times
Ha! I can't stand that pretentious b, i, t, c, h, but that's funny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or