U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-07-2008, 08:09 PM
 
Location: Holly Springs
3,526 posts, read 5,962,330 times
Reputation: 2325

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
"""So the life he and his grateful wife have led is NOT good enough for his daughters?""""


Where did he say that? I know this is hard for repugs to understand but Democrats are capable of thinking of others...unlike repugs who think EVERYTHING is fine if they're fine....a very ignorant, dangerous, backward outlook....and one the founders of our country did not hold....thankfully.
So that explains why charitable donations by conservatives DWARF those of liberals, because we are self-centered and uncaring.. Get over yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-08-2008, 02:50 PM
 
Location: Texas
835 posts, read 844,583 times
Reputation: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
""America is not perfect""


OH you must HATE America!!!!!!!!!!

Get my point?


As to the rest of your post ...I have never seen so much naivete, misinformation and blind ignorance of what is going on in the world in one spot in my life unless it was your next post....
Go look in a mirror buddy because you are not worthy of calling me names! The common practice when you disagree with someone is to offer information and links to support your argument. You offer your misinformed opinion and nothing else to back up your words.
I'm going to take the high road and leave it at that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-12-2008, 02:27 PM
 
1,549 posts, read 1,213,692 times
Reputation: 257
Default tunnel vision

Quote:
Originally Posted by LNTT_Vacationer View Post
US citizens are flying airplanes into other countries, crashing into their buildings and killing thousands of innocent civilian?! Or are they flying millions of aid dollars?

If you consider yourself no longer a good guy get help.
I never said that the US never does a good deed. It sure does. But the US government (and the Bush Administration in particular) has done plenty of horrible things and turned blind eyes to atrocities taking place to overbalance the good they do. Why else do you think there are so many people in this world that WANT to fly airplanes into our country and crash into buildings? Everything happens for a reason.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-12-2008, 02:30 PM
 
1,549 posts, read 1,213,692 times
Reputation: 257
Default nope

Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
Uh, a 7-YEAR-OLD asked the question. And you think a 7-YEAR-OLD would understand that type of answer? You entirely missed my point.
No, i didn't miss your point. He didn't tell the kid anything as direct as what the harsh truth is, but he didn't LIE either and tell the kid that America is great and perfect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-12-2008, 07:03 PM
 
716 posts, read 1,118,187 times
Reputation: 249
Typical Obama...stumbles all over the place with "um, uh, um, um, ahh, um, ahh"...when he has to go off script.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-12-2008, 07:51 PM
 
Location: Chicagoland
41,267 posts, read 24,717,063 times
Reputation: 7017
Quote:
But the US government (and the Bush Administration in particular) has done plenty of horrible things and turned blind eyes to atrocities taking place to overbalance the good they do. Why else do you think there are so many people in this world that WANT to fly airplanes into our country and crash into buildings?
You seem to conveniently forget ALL the attacks in the 90's. Truck bombs into embassies and the WTC ring a bell?

You also seem to forget clintons blind eye on Rwanda?

Your bias prevents you from acknowledging the good "W" has done. Let's not mention Iraq - but how about the billions he has committed to fighting aids in Africa? The most of ANY US president. No credit there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-12-2008, 08:15 PM
 
646 posts, read 1,128,967 times
Reputation: 186
Bush is a total failure. TOTAL!!! What has Bush done for Darfur or Zimbabwe?

Bush has destroyed all our credibility around the world. He has single handedly created the largest generation of radical fundamentalists in the history of the world. Because of his wars we will have to face an even bigger problem 10 to 15 years down the road. Meanwhile his anti-regulatory stance has cost this country trillions, and millions of jobs. He has damaged us in just about every way a President could damage a country. Good riddance Bush. People are going to talk about Bush the way they talk about Nixon and how he screwed the American people
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-12-2008, 08:22 PM
 
4,433 posts, read 2,276,354 times
Reputation: 1347
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLDanford View Post
I never said that the US never does a good deed. It sure does. But the US government (and the Bush Administration in particular) has done plenty of horrible things and turned blind eyes to atrocities taking place to overbalance the good they do. Why else do you think there are so many people in this world that WANT to fly airplanes into our country and crash into buildings? Everything happens for a reason.
That comment is a bunch of horse manure.

The reason people commit terrorist acts is because they are nuts. Terrorist countries brainwash their children, through television shows and their overall culture, to hate the people in the West. They believe that freedom threatens their societies.

There are more people in the world that want to fly to America on airplanes for a better life than there are people who want to harm us.

** Also, having Obama in the White House, won't make terrorists suddenly change their minds. They will still try to carry out their murderous acts.

Last edited by Yooperkat; 08-12-2008 at 08:36 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-12-2008, 08:24 PM
 
Location: Chicagoland
41,267 posts, read 24,717,063 times
Reputation: 7017
Punk; are you really this ignorant, or maybe you're just young and don't realize the HISTORY of radical islamic terrorists and their activities throughout the previous decades.

You act like these nuts just popped up in Sept of 2001.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-12-2008, 08:57 PM
 
2,109 posts, read 2,467,326 times
Reputation: 556
Quote:
Originally Posted by artifice View Post
I must be living in a different America. I love this country and my family is doing great. Where do the rest of you live that you so hate America? My business which my wife and I own is surpassing our forecasted budget. I am turning work down because I can't hire and train crews fast enough. My family has cut back with spending as the economy has slowed and we didn't take our yearly family vacation and we don't go out to dinner as often with the gas prices. We have had hardships in our life, four years ago we thought we would have to declare bankruptcy as I was laid off and my wife had to give up her career to care for our son who almost died, and his medical bills ate through our savings. We never took a handout as I struggled to start my own company and four years later we are thriving. We save our money so that when hardships occur we can deal with them accordingly. That is called responsibility and it is everyone's personal responsibility to do this and not depend on the government for a free handout. My wife grew-up in the Middle East and has been on every continent and seen how it is for other countries. She thanks God everyday that she was born an American and has the opportunities provided to her that few women in other areas are allowed. Our children will grow up in the most innovative achieving country in the world. America is now and will forever be the superpower of the free world. Regardless of how hard socialists like Obama try to destroy her. We have strength and a drive that other countries do not. Unfortunately that means that there will always be those that are envious and try to knock us down. America has been hated by countries long before Bush and will be hated long after, that is our plight for freedom, courage, capitalism and success. Most successful people will tell you it is lonely at the top, America is no exception. We tell our children daily how luckily they are to be Americans, and that they need to work hard to keep her the amazing country that she started as and still remains today.
I believe every American should be forced to live a in non-democratic society for at least two years; it is then that you will truly appreciate what is afforded you being a resident of America.
The above post is why I love living here and love immigrants. Fantastic post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:06 AM.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top