Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 08:05 AM

31,683 posts, read 41,032,115 times

Advertisements

Inflate your tires: Bush (41) Energy Dept.: The Swamp (http://weblogs.newsday.com/news/politics/blog/2008/08/inflate_your_tires_bush_41_ene.html - broken link)

"It looks like the Republican National Committee might owe Democrat Barack Obama a tire rotation, wheel balancing and brake job while they're at it".

What a hilarious start to the day. Yup the RNC and McCain are the ones that many want to lead us out of our energy mess and they can't even remember or read their own previous efforts. How hilarious!

"Americans could save 50,000 barrels of oil a day with a little more air in their tires, said the public service announcements of that Bush administration, calling on Americans then to save fuel with a "Do Your Part, Drive Smart'' advertising campaign"

The above is right from their own public service announcement in 1990.
Maybe the RNC needs to recruit more from Harvard Law School?

THE MEDIA BUSINESS: ADVERTISING; Crisis Spurs Campaign To Save Oil - New York Times

the above is a NYT article from 1990

It is the Government's intention to use the campaign to give people simple steps they can take immediately and have a direct impact on fuel savings, said Energy Secretary James D. Watkins, who announced the new campaign at a news conference at the annual convention of the National Association of Broadcasters in Boston.

The Secretary said that if motorists followed the fuel-saving tips in the campaign, it would be possible to save 530,000 barrels of oil a day.

The above is a quote from the NYT article.

Wow oh wow this is better then Sturgisgate.

Drill here drill there and most importantly drill under the state in Strugis as the good senator called for while there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2008, 08:07 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,147,251 times
Yes, they spent millions to put this message out in television advertising.

Just depends on who's saying it, I guess.

Realistically, though, Fox'n'em have been snickering about Obama saying it, and that's where these posters who loyally snicker along get their directions on what to think.

Old 08-08-2008, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Yes, they spent millions to put this message out in television advertising.

Just depends on who's saying it, I guess.

Realistically, though, Fox'n'em have been snickering about Obama saying it, and that's where these posters who loyally snicker along get their directions on what to think.
I guess they didn't go to Harvard Law School.

Maybe the local community college para legal program?

I know there I go again being another elitist snob. What can I say other then
Tee Hee

Old 08-08-2008, 08:36 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,582,560 times
So Obama's plan is consistent with Bush's...

Old 08-08-2008, 08:41 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,147,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
And with your own, I would hope.

Old 08-08-2008, 09:48 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,582,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
And with your own, I would hope.
It depends on which version of his plan you mean.

Old 08-08-2008, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
I hope with your common sense. It wasn't a plan as much a suggestion to help the individual out. I am sure your common sense resonates with it.

Old 08-08-2008, 09:58 AM

2,662 posts, read 3,827,807 times
Obama takes another idea from the Bush playbook. . . McCain is the only hope for real change.

What ever happened to the idea of the intellectual lib? One that could comprehend correct tire pressure will decrease gas usage but stating that this savings will be greater than that provided by off-shore drilling is preposterous?

Old 08-08-2008, 09:59 AM

This is hilarious, I just saw McCain say live that inflating your pressure is a public service announcement and not a policy. I guess word has gotten to him that the RNC did their usual high school level work and goofed. Obama never said it was a policy and you can seem them spinning in their Bushwacked shoes.

Old 08-08-2008, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LNTT_Vacationer View Post
Obama takes another idea from the Bush playbook. . . McCain is the only hope for real change.

What ever happened to the idea of the intellectual lib? One that could comprehend correct tire pressure will decrease gas usage but stating that this savings will be greater than that provided by off-shore drilling is preposterous?
Try reading and researching across multiple sources including the ones posted in this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections