Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 04:06 PM

15,402 posts, read 28,934,961 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LNTT_Vacationer View Post
Stand-by for Bill's "I'm not a racist" speech.
Funny you should say that, I was thinking the same thing.

When he said

"I. Am not. A racist."

I had a sense of de ja vu -- he used the exact same petulant, phony voice as when he said:

"I. Did not. Have sexual relations. With that woman."

(Sorry Bill--I have a lot of respect for you. But you gotta lose that voice, it sounds fake.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2008, 04:07 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,141,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
For me the worst part is that he was talking so much about faith and g.. and how family values need to bes trong...Uhm for who?

These are just a few names.
Yes, here are a few more. Republican Sex Scandals - dKosopedia

Republican scandals are especially fun and funny because "[t]hose with authoritarian personalities, and politicians that have described themselves as 'conservative,' seem to prefer that everyone accept the values that they themselves promulgate [; s]ometimes the values that govern their own lives are inconsistent with the values that they advocate that others adopt." http://www.dkosopedia.com/wiki/Examp...n_moral_values

I agree with you about Edwards and the other cheating Dems, too. Doesnt Obama look like a breath of fresh air now?

Last edited by delusianne; 08-08-2008 at 04:15 PM..

Old 08-08-2008, 04:13 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,450,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post

Why a Republican scandal is especially funny: Examples of Republican hypocrisy on moral values - dKosopedia

That's not a one sided bait trap if I ever seen one.....I don't suppose your sticking your neck out for your parties no-gooders are you?

Last I looked it was tied about 50/50 with garbage on both sides.

Old 08-08-2008, 04:18 PM

27,213 posts, read 46,724,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post

Republican scandals are especially fun and funny because "[t]hose with authoritarian personalities, and politicians that have described themselves as 'conservative,' seem to prefer that everyone accept the values that they themselves promulgate [; s]ometimes the values that govern their own lives are inconsistent with the values that they advocate that others adopt." Examples of Republican hypocrisy on moral values - dKosopedia

I agree with you about Edwards and the other cheating Dems, too. Doesnt Obama look like a breath of fresh air now?
Not at all...he looks like the next guy to admit he has an affair...after all he has proven to have a lack of judgment....

Old 08-08-2008, 04:30 PM

1,126 posts, read 2,691,981 times
I won't condone Edward's attitude, but...keep in mind that his wife is sick, so sex, which is a human weakness, is not available to him. Not only that, it's pretty well known that men or women who are dealing with such a situation (terminal illness of a spouse) often seek sexual "relief" with other people, not as a sign of betrayal but of pure physiological need.

Old 08-08-2008, 05:19 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,462,489 times
At least in gay affairs there aren't any illiegitimate children

Old 08-08-2008, 05:24 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,108,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasdrubal View Post
I won't condone Edward's attitude, but...keep in mind that his wife is sick, so sex, which is a human weakness, is not available to him. Not only that, it's pretty well known that men or women who are dealing with such a situation (terminal illness of a spouse) often seek sexual "relief" with other people, not as a sign of betrayal but of pure physiological need.
Well, so much for "in sickness and in health." You know, contrary to what appears to be popular belief, a person does NOT die if they do NOT have sex.

Old 08-08-2008, 05:41 PM

1,126 posts, read 2,691,981 times
I know what he did was wrong. But this is a special situation, that puts a lot of strain on a relationship.

Old 08-08-2008, 06:09 PM

1,617 posts, read 2,637,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasdrubal View Post
I know what he did was wrong. But this is a special situation, that puts a lot of strain on a relationship.
Even if this was the reason, what were his/their options? Could Elizabeth tell him that he has free reign? if so and it was found out, what would the reaction be?

Let's say this is what happened in this case, do you think it would make him look any better if he said " I had my wife's permission" ?

Either way, nothing good comes out of the situation at all.

Old 08-08-2008, 06:16 PM

4,829 posts, read 6,928,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlhct View Post
Even with that picture without posing, she's probably better looking than the "ugly" shouters
I would not say she is ugly but she is not what I would say is attractive either. I guess having a beautiful wife of 29 years makes me a little biased though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections