Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2008, 06:01 AM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,111,175 times

Advertisements

I understand when you say that "it is none of our business what they do in their private lives." And, in a sense I agree. And I understand when others say that they are tired of so-called leaders not behaving in a moral and honest way. Believe me, I agree. But, to me, what makes a difference between someone who wants to lead us cheating and my neighbor cheating is that I have a right to question the judgement of someone who wants to make decisions that can effect the entire world. And, in my mind, if someone who knows darn well that all the media are watching everything they do will still try to sneak around and cheat, then they simply do not have good enough judgement to be a leader. And someone who, with so much at stake, still can not keep it in their pants, is too driven by impulse and risky desires to trust with the safety of our country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2008, 06:08 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
I understand when you say that "it is none of our business what they do in their private lives." And, in a sense I agree. And I understand when others say that they are tired of so-called leaders not behaving in a moral and honest way. Believe me, I agree. But, to me, what makes a difference between someone who wants to lead us cheating and my neighbor cheating is that I have a right to question the judgement of someone who wants to make decisions that can effect the entire world. And, in my mind, if someone who knows darn well that all the media are watching everything they do will still try to sneak around and cheat, then they simply do not have good enough judgement to be a leader. And someone who, with so much at stake, still can not keep it in their pants, is too driven by impulse and risky desires to trust with the safety of our country.
So let's start electing more WOMEN! Men have had their chance and have made a royal mess..... those "emotional" female politicians seem to have much more self-control.

Old 08-09-2008, 06:31 AM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,111,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
So let's start electing more WOMEN! Men have had their chance and have made a royal mess..... those "emotional" female politicians seem to have much more self-control.

You've got THAT right! Way past time. For heaven's sake, there have even been muslim countries that have elected a female head of state. All over the world other countries have female heads of state. But here in the U.S., where we talk so much about equality, we still haven't elected a female president. What a waste of potential leadership.

Old 08-09-2008, 06:51 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,464,356 times
Femanazism at it's greatest.

Nothing like grouping an entire sex into your neat little box.

Old 08-09-2008, 07:02 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Femanazism at it's greatest.

Nothing like grouping an entire sex into your neat little box.
So you think electing more women into political position is a form of nazism?? Ya, right, nothing like grouping an entire sex into your neat little box!

...they are half the population and they are NOT have of our representatives in government.....THAT is grouping one sex into a neat little box.

And you must approve of all the men, gay and straight , who have had affairs.....

Old 08-09-2008, 07:19 AM

1,425 posts, read 3,315,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by songgirl View Post
Not all men are mentally pubescent scumbags. I've actually known a few who are pretty decent and have respect for women. It would be refreshing to elect someone with these qualities for president.

Key word: FEW

Old 08-09-2008, 07:32 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,464,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
So you think electing more women into political position is a form of nazism?? Ya, right, nothing like grouping an entire sex into your neat little box!

...they are half the population and they are NOT have of our representatives in government.....THAT is grouping one sex into a neat little box.

And you must approve of all the men, gay and straight , who have had affairs.....
What?

....take deep breaths.....

Who said I approve of any affairs?

Second the public votes for people and women are allowed to run...tell me how voters control the gender of people who choose to run. By your own statement if they are half the public then maybe you should be mad at your side...after all they make up half the public.....more than half have to vote for one side or the other or it's a tie..

You can keep your box.

Old 08-09-2008, 08:34 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,498,031 times
I don't care what party you are in, whether you are running for political office or not, etc. as far as public revelation about infidelity. It should not be anyone else's business - other than your spouse.

It should be a private matter and in this case, how devastating it must have been for Elizabeth Edwards - not only has she lost her son (how does one recover from that???) . . . but also - she has had to face cancer, knowing that she has two small children who she would be leaving behind - WITH THEIR FATHER, should she die . . . and the man she was trusting to raise and protect those precious children . . . didn't treasure his marriage enuff to keep his pants zipped. Then to find out you have terminal cancer - and the person who should be the one you trust most is the one who has hurt you the most . . . well . . . I cannot imagine the psychological and emotional pain that she has dealt with.

I would say that is about as personal as it gets.

But putting the personal devastation aside . . . we here in NC figured out what kind of narcissistic, power hungry ego-maniac John Edwards was when he could not even finish out ONE TERM as a Senator b/f getting involved in a Presidential campaign. He was elected to serve the people but all he did was serve himself. He didn't do CRAP for this state - all he did was run for election to a national office after being elected to the Senate.

This info about his affair (and possible love child) has not ruined John Edwards' reputation here in NC at all! He had already done that!!! There is no way he could have gotten elected to dog catcher here. He is not even liked in the community where he is building his very ostentatious "estate." We already knew who he is!!!!

So as far as this affecting his career . . . uh, not hardly. He can go back to being the ambulance chasing attorney he has always been.

As for the Democratic party and how this will damage them . . . I think not. Edwards is not Obama (altho it is eerily similar that they both burst onto the national scene during their first term as Senators - I guess everyone likes a fresh face).

The situation could have been bad if Edwards had won the nomination or if he had already been selected as Obama's running mate. And that is what bothers me most. For a man to run for Prez, fully aware that he has some very dirty laundry hiding under the bed . . . especially w/ his wife dealing with cancer - wh/ makes him look pretty heinous as far as his character . . . making that decision to run - well it is astoundingly stupid and calls into question just how huge his ego must be. Any fool had to know that at some point, this would come out. And his own arrogance - w/ continuing to see this gal - WOW!!!!

You just gotta wonder how someone's mind works who thinks like this. SO many people who worked for his nomination . . . contributed money. If I had been taken in by him and given $$ to his campaign and worked for him - I would be really angry at his hypocrisy.

However, like I said . . . the voters here in NC knew who Edwards was - we didn't need to ever hear about this awful personal mess to figure out what a self-serving egoist he is.

Just hate the media attention - for his wife's sake. The whole thing is just creepy. ICK.

Old 08-09-2008, 08:43 AM

8,577 posts, read 7,850,694 times
yes, here in NC, we really know how to pick them. julia bozeman, the lesbian state senator we elected, because we are so "progressive" was certainly a great choice. apparently she thought she could afford a beach mansion on her state senator salary, or that she was "entitled" to it. well, it's in foreclosure now. makes me happy when bad things happen to idiots. NC has got to stop electing these scumbags to high office.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
I don't care what party you are in, whether you are running for political office or not, etc. as far as public revelation about infidelity. It should not be anyone else's business - other than your spouse.

It should be a private matter and in this case, how devastating it must have been for Elizabeth Edwards - not only has she lost her son (how does one recover from that???) . . . but also - she has had to face cancer, knowing that she has two small children who she would be leaving behind - WITH THEIR FATHER, should she die . . . and the man she was trusting to raise and protect those precious children . . . didn't treasure his marriage enuff to keep his pants zipped. Then to find out you have terminal cancer - and the person who should be the one you trust most is the one who has hurt you the most . . . well . . . I cannot imagine the psychological and emotional pain that she has dealt with.

I would say that is about as personal as it gets.

But putting the personal devastation aside . . . we here in NC figured out what kind of narcissistic, power hungry ego-maniac John Edwards was when he could not even finish out ONE TERM as a Senator b/f getting involved in a Presidential campaign. He was elected to serve the people but all he did was serve himself. He didn't do CRAP for this state - all he did was run for election to a national office after being elected to the Senate.

This info about his affair (and possible love child) has not ruined John Edwards' reputation here in NC at all! He had already done that!!! There is no way he could have gotten elected to dog catcher here. He is not even liked in the community where he is building his very ostentatious "estate." We already knew who he is!!!!

So as far as this affecting his career . . . uh, not hardly. He can go back to being the ambulance chasing attorney he has always been.

As for the Democratic party and how this will damage them . . . I think not. Edwards is not Obama (altho it is eerily similar that they both burst onto the national scene during their first term as Senators - I guess everyone likes a fresh face).

The situation could have been bad if Edwards had won the nomination or if he had already been selected as Obama's running mate. And that is what bothers me most. For a man to run for Prez, fully aware that he has some very dirty laundry hiding under the bed . . . especially w/ his wife dealing with cancer - wh/ makes him look pretty heinous as far as his character . . . making that decision to run - well it is astoundingly stupid and calls into question just how huge his ego must be. Any fool had to know that at some point, this would come out. And his own arrogance - w/ continuing to see this gal - WOW!!!!

You just gotta wonder how someone's mind works who thinks like this. SO many people who worked for his nomination . . . contributed money. If I had been taken in by him and given $$ to his campaign and worked for him - I would be really angry at his hypocrisy.

However, like I said . . . the voters here in NC knew who Edwards was - we didn't need to ever hear about this awful personal mess to figure out what a self-serving egoist he is.

Just hate the media attention - for his wife's sake. The whole thing is just creepy. ICK.

Old 08-09-2008, 08:53 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Nine years before John Edwards found himself at the center of his own sex scandal with Rielle Hunter, he spoke out about Bill Clinton's infidelities at the impeachment trial of the then-president:

“I think this President has shown a remarkable disrespect for his office, for the moral dimensions of leadership, for his friends, for his wife, for his precious daughter. It is breathtaking to me the level to which that disrespect has risen.”

Edwards, apparently, didn't learn much from the Clinton debacle. And he ignored one of the biggest lessons from that mess: If you're a politician who gets caught having an affair, don't lie about it.

A timeline of the John Edwards-Rielle Hunter affair, lies | Top of the Ticket | Los Angeles Times
Yeah and what more did he lie about...., I'm just waiting because it sounds like a huge red flag.....have you seen the picture of him holding the baby?

What about the time line when he endorsed Obama.....so carefully planed out to hurt Hillary and his time line to come out late in the day close to the opening of the Olympics....wow does he really think we are so stupid and I feel for his wife but don't agree with her that now we have to give them some privacy....when she came out and told every one she had cancer she was on every program and couldn't stop promoting her husband and we all felt sorry...now IMO this is fair to be played out as well in the open since many have supported him and were fooled by his so called family values, etc.....just another hypocrite....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections