Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2008, 03:28 PM

2,258 posts, read 3,493,722 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post

We haven't even picked veeps yet, or had a debate (which will surely be the demise of McCain.)
I can't wait.

I just remember this great little scene in Austin:

YouTube - Barack responds to Attacks and Hillary gets booed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2008, 03:53 PM

2,662 posts, read 3,827,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Watch it, a strategic mistake on the part of Obama. While he is on vacation it is McCain against himself and he has the golden opportunity to catch Obama in the polls and move ahead of him. The only question seems to be if Obama will be able to recover and regain at least a tie when he returns.
I wish you were right but I think even his handlers understand that "duck and hide" is in his best interests -- a policy he used vs. Hillary and now McCain. The more publicity Obama gets; like his foreign nation victory tour, the more he sinks.

Old 08-11-2008, 06:55 AM

15,402 posts, read 28,944,197 times
If McCain is smart, he will use this week to announce a major plan or strategy. He's got media attention, let's see how he'll use it.

Old 08-11-2008, 07:19 AM

Fact is, Obama couldn't actually get more dem popular votes than Hillary. And even with the media fueled ground swell of anti-republicanism, Obama is losing ground to a mediocre candidate. To be sure he may win but there is no country-wide mandate or support for Obama; indeed, to date he's been a very week candidate and very polarizing.

Old 08-11-2008, 07:30 AM

15,402 posts, read 28,944,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LNTT_Vacationer View Post
Fact is, Obama couldn't actually get more dem popular votes than Hillary. And even with the media fueled ground swell of anti-republicanism, Obama is losing ground to a mediocre candidate. To be sure he may win but there is no country-wide mandate or support for Obama; indeed, to date he's been a very week candidate and very polarizing.

The topic is "With Obama on vacation McCain will catch and pull ahead in polls." If you want to change the topic, start a new thread.

Old 08-11-2008, 08:24 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,582,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
If McCain is smart, he will use this week to announce a major plan or strategy. He's got media attention, let's see how he'll use it.

I predict he'll spend the week talking about Obama. That's all he's done over the past couple of months.

Old 08-11-2008, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
The topic is "With Obama on vacation McCain will catch and pull ahead in polls." If you want to change the topic, start a new thread.
And I showed how Obama is such a weak candidate; such an empty suit, that I don't think anyone will notice him missing. Obama sinks when he has attention; duck and hide is his strategy. McCain catches him when he opens his mouth off the teleprompter.

Old 08-11-2008, 09:58 AM

31,683 posts, read 41,034,158 times
McCain gave a major speech on Georgia today, didn't take any questions and I wonder how much press coverage it will end up getting? CNN showed the speech live but I am not seeing a lot of followup in the press. Maybe with time.

Old 08-11-2008, 09:59 AM

1,867 posts, read 4,078,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
Some of you who joke about McCain's chances are not paying attention. Obama should win, but he isn't the shoe-in some seem to think he is.
I worry that somehow the GOP will once again STEAL the election, like they did last time in Ohio and before that in Florida. They are so dirty they will find a way to get back in office, whether or not legitimately elected.

Old 08-11-2008, 10:00 AM

31,683 posts, read 41,034,158 times
Quiz for you learned posters:

Which has the lowest approval ranking?
Is it the Republican controlled Executive Branch or the Democratic controlled Legislative Branch? Draggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg gg!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections