Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 07:51 PM

5,407 posts, read 7,792,286 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beenhereandthere View Post
I don't think McCain is a friend of Wikipedia, like Duval and Barack are. McCain proably thinks Wikipedia is a country in the Baltics.
LOL. He probably thinks we should launch a preventative strike against it too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2008, 07:53 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,022,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post
LOL. He probably thinks we should launch a preventative strike against it too.
he would probably volunteer to be someones wingman in the bombing attack.

Old 08-12-2008, 08:05 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,138,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenhereandthere View Post
I don't think McCain is a friend of Wikipedia, like Duval and Barack are. McCain proably thinks Wikipedia is a country in the Baltics.
As usual, McCain was reading what they shoved under his nose, although he seems to have come to life - that is, seems to have reanimated - at this comfortable old Cold War brinksmanship blather. It's the territory he's most familiar with, he's already been on about a League of Democracies. But this is not 1958. It's not even 1968. It's forty years later, Russia has a lot more money and controls a lot more oil than it used to, and we've already used our world's-only-superpower status to stretch ourselves plenty thin militarily, financially and trustworthily as everyone in the world knows. If he minds being laughed at and discounted as a toothless old symbol of a time gone by, and by extension damning the United States the same way, he needs to hire some modern political advisors who will teach him to recognize the world he lives in.

Old 08-12-2008, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
he would probably volunteer to be someones wingman in the bombing attack.
Oh, thanks, Tuborg.

"Well, boys, I reckon this is it - nuclear combat toe to toe with the Roosskies. Now look, boys, I ain't much of a hand at makin' speeches, but I got a pretty fair idea that something doggone important is goin' on back there. And I got a fair idea the kinda personal emotions that some of you fellas may be thinkin'. Heck, I reckon you wouldn't even be human bein's if you didn't have some pretty strong personal feelin's about nuclear combat. I want you to remember one thing, the folks back home is a-countin' on you and by golly, we ain't about to let 'em down. I tell you something else, if this thing turns out to be half as important as I figure it just might be, I'd say that you're all in line for some important promotions and personal citations when this thing's over with. That goes for ever' last one of you regardless of your race, color or your creed. Now let's get this thing on the hump - we got some flyin' to do!"

Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb (1964) - Memorable quotes

Old 08-12-2008, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Oh, thanks, Tuborg.

"Well, boys, I reckon this is it - nuclear combat toe to toe with the Roosskies. Now look, boys, I ain't much of a hand at makin' speeches, but I got a pretty fair idea that something doggone important is goin' on back there. And I got a fair idea the kinda personal emotions that some of you fellas may be thinkin'. Heck, I reckon you wouldn't even be human bein's if you didn't have some pretty strong personal feelin's about nuclear combat. I want you to remember one thing, the folks back home is a-countin' on you and by golly, we ain't about to let 'em down. I tell you something else, if this thing turns out to be half as important as I figure it just might be, I'd say that you're all in line for some important promotions and personal citations when this thing's over with. That goes for ever' last one of you regardless of your race, color or your creed. Now let's get this thing on the hump - we got some flyin' to do!"

Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb (1964) - Memorable quotes
What a great movie and I can see Jonathan Sydney wanting to ride the bomb down.

Old 08-12-2008, 08:22 PM

2,769 posts, read 7,232,452 times
I don't know, did Obama Google his entire campaign?

Old 08-12-2008, 08:22 PM

Quote:
What a great movie and I can see Jonathan Sydney wanting to ride the bomb down.
HI There!

Old 08-12-2008, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j760 View Post
I don't know, did Obama Google his entire campaign?
Nah he drew on his academic experience from his Harvard Law School days. You know writing briefs etc.

Old 08-12-2008, 08:57 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,584,391 times
Thumbs down lol-

Quote:
Maybe thats why he finished next to last in his class while having an Admiral for a father and grandfather.
yes but, they dont answer to the real world. like Bush's Daddy paid for his cocaine parties at Yale while the rest of us cracked open a book.

Im so pleased for these narcissists They represent the worst possible forms of humanity.

Old 08-12-2008, 09:19 PM

1,518 posts, read 2,760,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
think of how much worse it could have been for mccain. he can't use a computer, so what if he searched wikipedia wrong and started out his speech, "I have a high regard for the land of the peaches, and consider myself a bulldog."
LIEBERMAN: [Cough] No, Senator McCain, that's land of the fruits, [whispers] they are not growing peaches,and you consider yourself a maverick.
MCCAIN:[snickers] Oh, right-right. That's what I meant to say...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections