Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 03:04 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,024,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
No he won't but neither did Bush, and he was elected twice.
Sad.
So you are saying that by making the public realize that McCain is the son of bush we are helping him out?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2008, 03:32 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEAD HORSE View Post
Do I have to make an appearance? I was having such a good time just standing idly by and then this thread broke out....and out....and out.....and out.......

Oh and by the way. The thread I started about "Topics not to talk about" was not me trying to be a moderator, but saying that those topics were being used over and over and over......and I was hoping someone would come up with new ones.

God forbid my sarcastic attempt at freshening up this forum ruffled some feathers.
Nah...

But give me a hand with this while you're at it.

Old 08-13-2008, 03:35 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,450,111 times

Old 08-13-2008, 04:26 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,585,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekka-maki View Post
anyone else looking forward to 'W.'?

Apple - Movie Trailers - W.
Yes, when is it coming out?- I bet I'll have to drive an hour to Asheville to see it-lol.

Old 08-13-2008, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
So you are saying that by making the public realize that McCain is the son of bush we are helping him out?
No just that, I see absolutely NO difference between the two. Oh, well McCain doesn't have ADD. That's the best I can say for him.

Old 08-14-2008, 01:57 AM

1,518 posts, read 2,761,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
Yes, when is it coming out?- I bet I'll have to drive an hour to Asheville to see it-lol.
This fall.

Seeing W. act like a complete nincompoop at Yale is cracking me up (in the trailer).What's your malfunction dub-ya? Most of us have to work hard for our accomplishments; and to achieve human dignity and respect. Then there's George... mostly just achieving DUIs; going AWOL; dodging the war in 'Nam; mis-managing family business after business handed to him on a silver platter, and then becoming president, all thanks to his pappy and Nazi sympathizer grandfather.

Gotta love it... jokes on the American people who voted for him on the premise that he was a devout fiscal conservative who sought to avoid entangling alliances and balance the budget. MEGA-D'oh!

Then there's his hot head Uncle twice removed McInsane who can relate to Bush as he was similarly a failure prior to his political career (but after his duty), jobless and broke before getting a job with Cindy's father and then borrowing moolah from Cindy to fund his first run for Office:

McCain:'Bomb, bomb, bomb... bomb-bomb Iran... heheheh'

Funny right?! McCain ilk are some seriously disturbed dudes. I wonder what they do when they're not fantasizing about killing innocent Arabs for unsubstantiated reasons due to a demented sense of utilitarianism.

Sorry for encouraging the red herrings . Let's get back to justifying blatant plagiarism by McCain simply because he's a retard (by his own admission).

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
I saw the trailer for this a while back. stone is a nut. I am sure it's going to be full of a bunch of conspiracy theories, and his personal opinion on bush. my guess is that this movie will totally tank, and if it doesn't, it will be simply because of all the bush haters out there. everyday americans will not go and see this movie.
Rather opinionated on the topic for someone who just stated in the Michael Moore thread that he doesn't watch movies.

Last edited by tekka-maki; 08-14-2008 at 02:28 AM..

Old 08-14-2008, 02:21 PM

Quote:
This fall.

Seeing W. act like a complete nincompoop at Yale is cracking me up (in the trailer).What's your malfunction dub-ya? Most of us have to work hard for our accomplishments; and to achieve human dignity and respect. Then there's George... mostly just achieving DUIs; going AWOL; dodging the war in 'Nam; mis-managing family business after business handed to him on a silver platter, and then becoming president, all thanks to his pappy and Nazi sympathizer grandfather.

Gotta love it... jokes on the American people who voted for him on the premise that he was a devout fiscal conservative who sought to avoid entangling alliances and balance the budget. MEGA-D'oh!

Then there's his hot head Uncle twice removed McInsane who can relate to Bush as he was similarly a failure prior to his political career (but after his duty), jobless and broke before getting a job with Cindy's father and then borrowing moolah from Cindy to fund his first run for Office:

Funny right?! McCain ilk are some seriously disturbed dudes. I wonder what they do when they're not fantasizing about killing innocent Arabs for unsubstantiated reasons due to a demented sense of utilitarianism.

Sorry for encouraging the red herrings . Let's get back to justifying blatant plagiarism by McCain simply because he's a retard (by his own admission).

Rather opinionated on the topic for someone who just stated in the Michael Moore thread that he doesn't watch movies.

I agree. rep for you. And the trailer for "W" does look great, cannot wait to see it.

Old 08-19-2008, 11:39 PM

4,627 posts, read 10,468,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Nah...

But give me a hand with this while you're at it.

Is this supposed to be funny?

Old 08-21-2008, 12:58 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,964,709 times
Quote:
This fall.

Yup. McCain admits he knows nothing about economics. He finished 5th from bottom in school. He seems to want endless war, keeping troops in Iraq if it takes 100 years, it's no wonder, all of that torture must have twisted his mind. How can anyone think this guy is capable, with his one-lined emotionally charged answers, of facing the hard and complex issues to bring our country back on its feet again?

Old 08-22-2008, 11:12 AM

5,110 posts, read 7,137,361 times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections