U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 08:37 AM

12,647 posts, read 8,792,000 times
Wow, that number is climbing...this thing was @ 26,000 a few days ago!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2008, 08:45 AM

23,490 posts, read 18,813,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
To answer the question, yes, the Super-delegates can switch to Clinton at any time.

Any combination of 112 Super-delegates or Edward's 21 delegates will deny Obama the nomination on the first round. I think they should just to send him a message and deflate his ego.
Answer the following:
Is she broke?
Does she have to spend the 23 million she has in her general election campaign fund prior to receiving the nomination if she is to elect public funding?
Does she have any fund raising operation set up for the general election that might exceed the 85 million she would get from public funding?
Does she have a national campaign organization?
Does she have regional and state organizations set up?
Does she have her issues team in place?
Does she have the ability to get people to work for her who still have not been paid from the primaries?
Is Obama coordinating the now successful DNC fundraising?
With a deflated ego will Obama become the slave to master Hillary and give her his organization and fund raising abilities?

Yup she gets the nomination and falls so flat on her face that when the right starts their smear campaign she can barely afford a You Tube video to counter.

Go Hillary really create a legacy.

Old 08-13-2008, 08:50 AM

12,647 posts, read 8,792,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Answer the following:
Is she broke?
Does she have to spend the 23 million she has in her general election campaign fund prior to receiving the nomination if she is to elect public funding?
Does she have any fund raising operation set up for the general election that might exceed the 85 million she would get from public funding?
Does she have a national campaign organization?
Does she have regional and state organizations set up?
Does she have her issues team in place?
Does she have the ability to get people to work for her who still have not been paid from the primaries?
Is Obama coordinating the now successful DNC fundraising?
With a deflated ego will Obama become the slave to master Hillary and give her his organization and fund raising abilities?

Yup she gets the nomination and falls so flat on her face that when the right starts their smear campaign she can barely afford a You Tube video to counter.

Go Hillary really create a legacy.
Thanks, this was so obvious I figured everyone sorta knew this. Glad you posted it.

Old 08-13-2008, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Thanks, this was so obvious I figured everyone sorta knew this. Glad you posted it.
knowledge in this forum? At times yes but all to often the visceral flows and the cerebral goes down.

Old 08-13-2008, 09:30 AM

1,353 posts, read 2,249,308 times
If Hillary was the nominee, I would be voting for John McCain. No way I'll ever support her.

Obama 08!

Old 08-13-2008, 09:37 AM

3,318 posts, read 3,871,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xavierob82 View Post
If Hillary was the nominee, I would be voting for John McCain. No way I'll ever support her.

Obama 08!
And nearly 1/4 of Hillary supporters say they will vote for McCain or stay home versus voting for Clinton. Polls have shown the same number around 11-13% for Obama supporters if Clinton was the nominee.

Old 08-13-2008, 09:43 AM

10,526 posts, read 10,910,773 times
Did anyone actually watch the video? (lol)

Old 08-13-2008, 09:45 AM

7,730 posts, read 8,598,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
Did anyone actually watch the video? (lol)
The first time it was posted several days ago on other websites. I don't really care for Rick Astley.

Old 08-13-2008, 09:48 AM

1,353 posts, read 2,249,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxjay View Post
And nearly 1/4 of Hillary supporters say they will vote for McCain or stay home versus voting for Clinton. Polls have shown the same number around 11-13% for Obama supporters if Clinton was the nominee.

But we'll more than make up for their loss with the indepedents that Obama will pick up. And Obama is competetive in Colorado, Indiana, and Virginia. Hillary is not.

Besides, I have a strong suspicion most of those Hillary supporters are concentrated in states like Arkansas, West Virginia, and Kentucky. States where Obama has no chance in winning anyway. *shrugs shoulders* Oh well. No big loss.

Old 08-13-2008, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xavierob82 View Post
But we'll more than make up for their loss with the indepedents that Obama will pick up. And Obama is competetive in Colorado, Indiana, and Virginia. Hillary is not.

Besides, I have a strong suspicion most of those Hillary supporters are concentrated in states like Arkansas, West Virginia, and Kentucky. States where Obama has no chance in winning anyway. *shrugs shoulders* Oh well. No big loss.
Many were Republicans or Independents who lived in states with closed primaries and had to switch registration to Democrat to be able to vote in the Democratic primary and support Hillary as the first woman candidate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections