Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 02:26 PM

7,730 posts, read 14,098,845 times

Advertisements

List your complaints about the current crop of Presidential candidates.

McCain - Too old. Yes. His mental capacity seems to be diminished from only 8 years ago.

Obama - Too populist. He wants to please everyone. He will please no one, not even his fans.

Barr - Too soon? His past is bound to be a bigger hindrance than the Libertarian Party.

Nader - Too 90s. Can you name one really good song that came out of the 90s pop scene? Yeah, me neither.

McKinney - Too crazy. I mean, really crazy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2008, 02:37 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,791,131 times
mccain-republicrat. supports high spending and low taxes=devaluation of the dollar.
obama-this one is too easy. liar, elitist, power hungry.
barr-pretty sure he would revert back to republicrat ways.
nader-psychopath.
mckinny-ummmm.

Old 08-12-2008, 02:42 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,629,859 times
Default One General Complaint.

None of these men can truly represent the people. None of these men have ever endured the hardships that most Americans have suffered through. None of these men can in any way identify with the common man because they are all men of wealth and importance. Give me a poor man for president, one who cares about us because he is one of us. You can never expect to change anything for the betterment of common man by placing prestigious pundits in front of the podium.

PS I am in no way reflecting on any of these men's early lives, for some such as McCain have endured tremendous strife and hardships most of us could never dream of. But that doesn't change the fact that his current fiscal situation and connections do not translate into a better America for the common man. Just more tax money in the coffers of special interest and corporate America.

Old 08-12-2008, 02:42 PM

20,170 posts, read 24,229,874 times
Yeledaf ---- WINNER!

Old 08-12-2008, 02:46 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,008,427 times
McCain - an empty, shambling shell. Doesnt care. Blows in the wind. Can barely keep up with what his political consultants tell him to say and do. Thinks it's still Cold War time requiring an us vs. them Cold Warrior mentality. Weird Stockholm Syndrome issues re Rove and dirty politics - part S Syndrome and part weak and needy child, first pledging to run a clean honorable campaign, but when he's losing, running to Rovian handlers Steve Schmidt and that other one. Doesnt even have the self-respect or the interest, let alone the imagination and/or energy, to go out and hire his own people. The night in 2000 he lost the nomination, throwing a raging fit in his hotel room while his drug-addled wife stood in a corner and wept. Infamous in the Senate for being "hotheaded," to the point where even other Senators say it worries them to think of such a raging infant in any sort of command. Suggested the vice tax for cigarettes to pay for smokers' health costs etc., but now is aghast at the idea of taxing oil companes' profits to help all of us pay for gas. That his handlers disrespect the voters enough to pitch him as a man of the people. So close with his wife he "didnt notice" she was a pill junkie. Lied in his autobio about the dates of his separation and divorce. Has a wife who in 2000 "mostly provided good cheer, without discussing her opinions about national policy [,and] impressed Republican voters with her elegance at coffee shops and other small campaign settings, where she frequently referred to her children, carpooling, and charity work..[11]" Lied about his own POW story, substituting the Steelers for the Packers, because it was a suck-up thing to say in Pittsburgh and he's so far behind the times he doesnt understand that news travels rather quickly nowadays. (<--that ugly fact may bother me the most - what a cheap, whorey thing to do to his own legend.) Has made serial stupid decisions throughout his career as a "leader" and then said "Well, that was a lesson" - shouldnt he as a grown man be able to research and see what's probably coming down the pike - or have the maturity and wisdom to already know, and the integrity to do the right thing the first time?

As far as flip-flopping on issues in this campaign (doesn't care, blows in the wind, will say whatever is expedient or what he's told to say if he can remember it) - this link is a month old, so "61" is probably low - John McCain -- 61 Flip-Flops and Counting

On the other hand, he likes to barbecue.

Last edited by delusianne; 08-12-2008 at 03:06 PM.. Reason: add something nice.

Old 08-12-2008, 02:56 PM

3,353 posts, read 6,640,104 times
Obama -- people are projecting so much onto this guy. He's a messiah. He's the anti-Christ. Is that because he's a blank slate? I love his idealism. I really think he wants to change the way things work in Washington. He has the potential to be a Reagan for the Left. I just don't know if he's up to the task. And like a typical Democrat, he thinks government solves all problems. I'm already taxed and regulated enough. Please don't take my health care away and turn it into a costly, wasteful government bureaucracy.

McCain -- biggest plus is that he thinks for himself; he doesn't let the party machinery push him around. Cons: perpetual war, and even more war than we have now. Out-of-control temper. Plus, I sat in the convention hall and saw him pimp for Bush at the '04 convention, after Bush tried to destroy him a few years earlier. Apparently, he has no soul. He'll just say whatever he needs to in order to get elected.

Barr -- he talks a good libertarian talk, but how do I know he won't slip back into his old GOP ways?

Nader -- well, I actually kinda like Nader. He makes sense on a lot of issues and doesn't seem to wear partisan blinders. He's smart and thinks outside the box. Seems to have integrity. I like curmudgeons in general. But at the end of the day, he's another one who thinks government cures all ills.

McKinney -- insane.

Baldwin -- theocrat.

Wow, some choices!!!!

Old 08-12-2008, 02:57 PM

20,170 posts, read 24,229,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
McCain - an empty, shambling shell. Doesnt care. Blows in the wind. Can barely keep up with what his political consultants tell him to say and do. Thinks it's still Cold War time requiring an us vs. them Cold Warrior mentality.
Memo to delusianne --

Russia invades Georgia, threatens Ukraine. Europe hides under table and whimpers.

Striking reminder of who Us and Them are.

Cold War heating up?

Old 08-12-2008, 04:21 PM

315 posts, read 759,035 times
Mccain-- Needs to learn how to lose like a man and bring all our troops home. Everything else about his politics are cool with me.

Obama-- Is a liar and sneaky and doesn't deserve the trust of america. He seems to envy wealthy self made people and is determined to make them unfailry pay for any and everything. He is not an american patriot and dare a I say is probably as anti american as one can be. He is also very arrogant and too dumb top realize he does not even have the democratic nomination yet so why is he acting like a president?

The other three do not count for me as I feel they will never ever defeat the two major parties.

Old 08-12-2008, 05:05 PM

1,044 posts, read 1,947,520 times
McCain: He seems pretty wishy washy as far as what he really believes in (besides we must be "victorious" in Iraq). I don't think he stands for much, he just seems pretty empty to me. I don't see a commanding presence as far as foreign policy is concerned and as for domestic policy, aside from more tax cuts he doesn't seem to really grasp the issues. He panders, which is typical for a politician, but he seemed a little more real 8 years ago, so I find him to be very disengenuous now.

Obama: Yes, he's my candidate of choice, but I would prefer that he spell things out a little clearer when laying out his goals and plans, I know how to go online and research, but not everyone has this option, so I wish he were a little more concrete in his plans and less abstract. I also feel that he is promising too much, I like his focus on self sacrifice and personal responsibility but I feel he needs to broaden that message so that the American people don't feel we can get everything we want without giving a little too.

Nader: He needs to hang it up, his legacy as a consumer advocate is admirable and that is how I would like to remember him.

Barr: Seems like an opportunist, I think it's unfortunate that Paul didn't run for the Libertarians

McKinney: Ummm, seemingly very passionate in her beliefs

Old 08-12-2008, 07:31 PM

26,678 posts, read 41,516,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
List your complaints about the current crop of Presidential candidates.

McCain - Too old. Yes. His mental capacity seems to be diminished from only 8 years ago.

Obama - Too populist. He wants to please everyone. He will please no one, not even his fans.

Barr - Too soon? His past is bound to be a bigger hindrance than the Libertarian Party.

Nader - Too 90s. Can you name one really good song that came out of the 90s pop scene? Yeah, me neither.

McKinney - Too crazy. I mean, really crazy.
McCain- too old. too liberal to be a republican.

Obama- Panders way too much to the illegal immigrant population. "you should speak spainsh?" h&^$ naw!!!!!!

Nader- forget it.

Barr- Cant get that Patriot Act vote out of my head (but still better than any of the other candidates, IMO)

Chuck Baldwin- His party is WAY too conversative for my juices.

McKinney- who?!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections