Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 11:18 AM

146 posts, read 641,540 times

Advertisements

I think if Obama had a scandal it would be out by now.
=====================================

Say that to John Edwards!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2008, 11:38 AM

15,402 posts, read 28,944,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon Transplant View Post
The media is reporting that one of the reasons Obama is on vacation in Hawaii is so he will not say anything stupid in public or to the press.
I see you've done some editing since you first wrote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon Transplant
They say one of the reasons Obama is on vacation in Hawaii is so he will not say anything stupid in public or to the press.
That's a good start. Now all you need to do is add a link showing us which media is reporting this. Because we check (and try to make it a legitimate source if you can--we're familiar with most of the media around here).

To answer your question... Edwards' affair was known for a long time. The only reason that it's a big deal right now is he finally admitted what people have known for months, anyway.

Meanwhile, Hawaii does not have an invisibility shield. Obama can just as easily be quoted there as he can in the continental united states. And yes... if he happens to do something horrible like shoot a bunch of tourists with a spear gun it would probably affect the dnc. Somehow, I don't think that's likely. (But you can enjoy the fantasy, if you wish.)

Old 08-13-2008, 11:44 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,373,791 times
If Obama was caught in a major scandal I would stop coming to this forum because the whole first page would be threads all about the same topic full of misspelled words and big red bold letters.

Old 08-13-2008, 11:51 AM

3,326 posts, read 5,339,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
She's an effective and smart legislator and will in all likelyhood return to the Senate, and await the appointment she's been promised ((should Senator Obama win) & based upon her performance now). She is in no position financially to lead the party, and it would be cataclysmic for her to attempt to do so. Politicians are about risk vs. reward and her supporters are politicians and like their jobs and need votes to maintain them. The cards aren't there and she would still need to get past the Chairs from the DNC and they're not buying. What was done is done.

I agree but it seems that she nor her husband have accepted that it's over.
Its like she is a vulture waiting to see if she can still feed.

I wonder just how much Obama needs her.

I have never met Obama nor his wife but suspect Obam's wife can't stand her. I once supported her and sick of her .
She acts like a spoiled ,vindictive child. Glad Obama is the Dem candidate.

Old 08-13-2008, 12:19 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,660,723 times
Which media outlets are reporting this?

What would happen if McCain was caught in a major scandal before the Republican Convention?

Old 08-13-2008, 12:31 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,148,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
That's a good start. Now all you need to do is add a link showing us which media is reporting this. Because we check (and try to make it a legitimate source if you can--we're familiar with most of the media around here).
OP, there's sort of a policy that if you make a claim and dont back it up with at least a link, readers wont take your posts seriously. Make sense?

Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
if he happens to do something horrible like shoot a bunch of tourists with a spear gun it would probably affect the dnc. Somehow, I don't think that's likely. (But you can enjoy the fantasy, if you wish.)
Gotta dream a dream...

Old 08-13-2008, 12:37 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,207,203 times
[quote=Luiso;4843179]I think if Obama had a scandel it would be out by now.

I do think Hillary has become a huge pain in the ### with her "I will support you BUT I want this and that" nonsense and I wonder if he isnt better off not bothering with her.

Her die hard supporters at this point arent going to support him anyway . Look at mid Florida where Mccain is ahead and that's a Dem area.

PUMA~~~~~~~~
how dare Hillary's supporters speak out, my gosh, who the hell do they think they are!!!
Everyone should just get on the Obama train, right??
Yeah, look at FLA and MI where Obama did not think any vote should count, except now when he needs them.
Get over it, we are not going any where except to the polls in NOV to cast our vote.

I OWN MY VOTE.COM
you got a problem with it, deal with it.

Old 08-13-2008, 12:40 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,207,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiso View Post
I agree but it seems that she nor her husband have accepted that it's over.
Its like she is a vulture waiting to see if she can still feed.

I wonder just how much Obama needs her.

I have never met Obama nor his wife but suspect Obam's wife can't stand her. I once supported her and sick of her .
She acts like a spoiled ,vindictive child. Glad Obama is the Dem candidate.

Do you think Hillary gives a flip about Michelle Obama?
Come NOV Obama is going to wish he had help from Hillary and her supporters.

I OWN MY VOTE.COM
PUMA!

Old 08-13-2008, 12:45 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,596,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
Do you think Hillary gives a flip about Michelle Obama?
Come NOV Obama is going to wish he had help from Hillary and her supporters.

I OWN MY VOTE.COM
PUMA!
Is this advertising? Are you a PUMA member? I wish I were allowed to advertise my website.

Old 08-13-2008, 01:07 PM

2,215 posts, read 3,614,977 times
Scandal, do you say scandal?

I think everything Obama does is a scandal.

I agree above, if his popularity continues to fall, he is finally exposed for what he is then the DNC has no choice but to drop him. He couldn't even win the most votes within his own party.

Hillary voters are not voting for Obama, they either are going to write her in or vote for the President, McCain!

Don't worry, his skeletons are falling out of that large closet. One will fall that will finally do him in. And he has more closets full of them.

This is for natalie - DUMP OBAMA BEFORE HE DUMPS ON YOU!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections