Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 10:56 AM

146 posts, read 641,628 times

Advertisements

The media is reporting that one of the reasons Obama is on vacation in Hawaii is so he will not say anything stupid in public or to the press. He wants to keep a low profile and hope the opposition research does not come up with any real dirt on him before the Democratic Convention.

What if Obama gets into another political scandal such as John Edwards? Would they party leaders give it to Hillary Clinton?

Last edited by Oregon Transplant; 08-13-2008 at 11:17 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2008, 10:58 AM

15,402 posts, read 28,948,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon Transplant View Post
They say one of the reasons Obama is on vacation in Hawaii is so he will not say anything stupid in public or to the press.
"They say"? LOL. Let me guess, "they" = you and your imaginary friend.

Old 08-13-2008, 11:00 AM

31,683 posts, read 41,040,852 times
Friend with a blankey poo also.

Old 08-13-2008, 11:01 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,154,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
"They say"? LOL. Let me guess, "they" = you and your imaginary friend.
That's as far as I got, too

They sure get around, dont they?

Old 08-13-2008, 11:04 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,598,969 times
Quote:
They say one of the reasons Obama is on vacation in Hawaii is so he will not say anything stupid in public or to the press. He wants to keep a low profile and hope the opposition research does not come up with any real dirt on him before the Democratic Convention.

What if Obama gets into another political scandal such as John Edwards? Would they party leaders give it to Hillary Clinton?
Who is they?

Senator McCain has recently reduced press time and they say it is so he will be less apt to adopt the views of the Latest Opinion he's heard.

McCain Avoids His 'Base', The Press
Added by Chris Brown on Aug 10, 2008
"It appears that the "straight talk express" will now have limited destination stops. After repeatedly complaining about the media and press bias toward Obama, McCain and his campaign are showing their disinterest in welcoming the same level of press coverage."

Old 08-13-2008, 11:04 AM

15,402 posts, read 28,948,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
That's as far as I got, too

They sure get around, dont they?
LOL, that's so true--whenever I see an opening line like that I don't even bother reading the rest of the post. There's too many good things to read on this forum, who has time for bull?

Old 08-13-2008, 11:07 AM

3,326 posts, read 5,340,701 times
I think if Obama had a scandel it would be out by now.

I do think Hillary has become a huge pain in the ### with her "I will support you BUT I want this and that" nonsense and I wonder if he isnt better off not bothering with her.

Her die hard supporters at this point arent going to support him anyway . Look at mid Florida where Mccain is ahead and that's a Dem area.

Her last idea of having her say so ,her delegates "heard" at HIS DNC speech is absurd .

Old 08-13-2008, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiso View Post

I do think Hillary has become a huge pain in the ### with her "I will support you BUT I want this and that" nonsense and I wonder if he isnt better off not bothering with her.

Her die hard supporters at this point arent going to support him anyway . Look at mid Florida where Mccain is ahead and that's a Dem area.

Her last idea of having her say so ,her delegates "heard" at HIS DNC speech is absurd .
I agree, if he had a scandal it would be out by now

She sure is dragging her feet about campaigning for him, and for the Party she owes everything to. That's just so unprofessional. It can't be that she's hesitant to fake enthusiasm.

Old 08-13-2008, 11:15 AM

Quote:
They say one of the reasons Obama is on vacation in Hawaii is so he will not say anything stupid in public or to the press. He wants to keep a low profile and hope the opposition research does not come up with any real dirt on him before the Democratic Convention.
How would "keeping a low profile" prevent the dirt diggers from digging dirt?

Old 08-13-2008, 11:15 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,598,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiso View Post

She's an effective and smart legislator and will in all likelyhood return to the Senate, and await the appointment she's been promised ((should Senator Obama win) & based upon her performance now). She is in no position financially to lead the party, and it would be cataclysmic for her to attempt to do so. Politicians are about risk vs. reward and her supporters are politicians and like their jobs and need votes to maintain them. The cards aren't there and she would still need to get past the Chairs from the DNC and they're not buying. What was done is done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections