Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 03:53 PM

524 posts, read 839,359 times

Advertisements

Here's one thing we know about Obama: He's maintained control of his image -- but just barely. It's all out there -- the rumors, the innuendos, the outright dirty vile hatred -- at just enough volume to register, yet just quietly enough to be ignored.

That might be about to change. (Flashbacks, anyone?) Jerome Corsi is back, this time with anti-Obama screed that's rocketing up the charts and bouncing through the talk radio/Website echo chamber faster than it can be fact-checked away.

The book is set to debut at No 1. on The New York Times bestseller list. (And you thought Democrats were worried about the direction of Obama's campaign before?)
ABC News: Note: New Bestseller 'Swift Boats' Obama
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2008, 04:09 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,151,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybone666 View Post
It's all out there -- the rumors, the innuendos, the outright dirty vile hatred -- at just enough volume to register, yet just quietly enough to be ignored.

bouncing through the talk radio/Website echo chamber faster than it can be fact-checked away.
So, you admit you love the lies and hate

Old 08-13-2008, 04:15 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,662,054 times
It's already being fact checked, and multiple lies have been found (author claims Obama was at a certain sermon in Chicago, when records/video show he was in Chicago)

Old 08-13-2008, 04:16 PM

509 posts, read 691,533 times
I think people have wised up in the last 4 years and realize these books are fiction and are nothing but garbage.

Old 08-13-2008, 05:35 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,535,277 times
Thumbs down Appearances can be deceiving...

Quote:
Here's one thing we know about Obama: He's maintained control of his image -- but just barely. It's all out there -- the rumors, the innuendos, the outright dirty vile hatred -- at just enough volume to register, yet just quietly enough to be ignored.

That might be about to change. (Flashbacks, anyone?) Jerome Corsi is back, this time with anti-Obama screed that's rocketing up the charts and bouncing through the talk radio/Website echo chamber faster than it can be fact-checked away.

The book is set to debut at No 1. on The New York Times bestseller list. (And you thought Democrats were worried about the direction of Obama's campaign before?)
ABC News: Note: New Bestseller 'Swift Boats' Obama

Corsi's screed is on the NY Times bestseller list because radical wingnut "think tanks" funded by guys like Richard Mellon Scaife have prepaid for truckloads of this trash.

Defining Obama 24/7

Old 08-13-2008, 10:10 PM

2,215 posts, read 3,615,156 times
I am reading this book and found that everything I have read so far has been truthful.

And if there was a video of him not being at that sermon then why is Obama not making it public for us to see?

Gosh, this guy is eating you guys for lunch.

I would love to see Karl Rove and this guy get together, wow, they would caused nightmares for your liberals.

Great book, finally Obama is not longer protected from the robots.

Old 08-13-2008, 10:25 PM

1,961 posts, read 6,924,072 times
The swiftboating book about Obama is just plain garbage and is a move by the GOP and the conservative to plain mean and dirty games to spread nasty nonsense. Swiftboaters against Obama make me vommit. I know that most Amercians can see past the haze and distortions made by the swiftboaters and the wacked out conservatives (who think that they should hoard power and money) and vote with their best judgment. The swiftboaters pissed me off in 2004 with their distortions of John Kerry and they and McCain's negative tone (where in the hell is the straight talk express? It looks like that it is the filthy talk express) are annoying and ticks me off even more.

Old 08-13-2008, 10:32 PM

646 posts, read 1,639,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Chick View Post
I am reading this book and found that everything I have read so far has been truthful.

And if there was a video of him not being at that sermon then why is Obama not making it public for us to see?

Gosh, this guy is eating you guys for lunch.

I would love to see Karl Rove and this guy get together, wow, they would caused nightmares for your liberals.

Great book, finally Obama is not longer protected from the robots.

If you think blogs, right-wing extremist websites, comment sections on websites count as sources then yes the book is full of sources.

Old 08-13-2008, 10:39 PM

1,961 posts, read 6,924,072 times
Good point, punkrocker27ka.

Old 08-14-2008, 04:44 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,151,733 times
Quote:
the rumors, the innuendos, the outright dirty vile hatred
...all your faves, conveniently slapped together into one handy carry-all!

NYT weighs in mildly, points out "inconsistencies": http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/13/us...nted=2&_r=1&hp

Its author: Who Is Jerome Corsi?

"Corsi is also a frequent participant in FreeRepublic.com's online forums, posting under the pseudonym "jrlc" since 2001. (Click here to read a full set of Corsi's posts (http://mediamatters.org/rd?http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/user-posts?id=68645 - broken link); click here (http://mediamatters.org/rd?http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1100812/posts?q=1&&page=201#247 - broken link) to read the post in which "jrlc" admits to being Jerome Corsi.)" - MediaMatters

Search results for "Corsi" at MediaMatters; several instances of Corsi caught lying on Fox programs (naturally): http://mediamatters.org/issues_topics/search_results?qstring=corsi (broken link)

Last edited by delusianne; 08-14-2008 at 04:59 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections