Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2008, 05:26 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,154,953 times

Advertisements

The Washington Post has a nice editorial this morning slamming Corsi and his "book." "Obama Faces the Smear Machine" is the title. The first sentence is "Here come the goons, right on schedule."

I was surprised to see how pleased this made me, to see a big paper shining a light on at least one of these "creatures that love the darkness."

This editorial also points out something heartening - that these books open at #1 largely because they're bought in bulk by "conservative book clubs."

The editorial mentions that "John Kerry['s] political action committee has launched a new Web site, called Truth Fights Back (http://www.truthfightsback.com/site/index - broken link), to 'fight against the right-wing smear machine.'" Evidently it went up at the end of July - kinda late in the game....The content is important.

I'm so pleased the haters are finally being exposed on a big stage. Will more writers chime in? I'd love to read a detailed history of this infamous chapter in political life. I think it's Pulitzer material myself. And the publisher certainly wouldnt have to sell in bulk!

Shining light into the caves, under the rocks - could this be the beginning of the end for The Smear Machine?

washingtonpost.com

http://www.truthfightsback.com/site/smear_archive/ (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2008, 05:51 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,592,213 times
LOL liberal whining on right wing mud.

Moveon.org anyone?!?.

I say we get the moveon.org people in a chainsaw cage match (think Mad Max Thunderdome) with the Corsi people and make it pay-per-view with the money going to help WORKING poor peoples heating oil bills this winter. At least something good will come of this then.

Old 08-15-2008, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
LOL liberal whining on right wing mud.

Moveon.org anyone?!?.

I say we get the moveon.org people in a chainsaw cage match (think Mad Max Thunderdome) with the Corsi people and make it pay-per-view with the money going to help WORKING poor peoples heating oil bills this winter. At least something good will come of this then.
How funny, you said that exact same "moveon.org, anyone?" thing in some other thread in response to something I'd written. You know what, I've never even been to moveon.org. "What Would Tyler Durden Do, anyone?" would be more appropriate next time, just FYI.

What do you disagree with in the WaPo editorial?

Old 08-15-2008, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Speaking of working poor people and paying bills, you might like this book.
Amazon.com: The Big Squeeze: Tough Times for the American Worker (Borzoi Books): Steven Greenhouse: Books

Old 08-15-2008, 06:25 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
The goons at DailyKos are so upset they gave out Corsi's home address.

Old 08-15-2008, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
The goons at DailyKos are so upset they gave out Corsi's home address.
Really? That's f*ed up. Could you give a link, please?

Oh well, as you all like to say about at least one of the candidates' wives, "If they choose to open their mouths, then they are fair game."

Didn't he realize people weren't going to just lie there and be nice, this time?

Old 08-15-2008, 06:38 AM

8,577 posts, read 7,850,694 times
didn't someone just start a thread the other day about how great, and nice obama supporters were?

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Really? That's f*ed up. Could you give a link, please?

Oh well, as you all like to say about at least one of the candidates' wives, "If they choose to open their mouths, then they are fair game."

Didn't he realize people weren't going to just lie there and be nice, this time?

Old 08-15-2008, 06:42 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Why don't they address the issues instead of launching ad hominem attacks on Corsi?

Their "push back" is eerily reminiscent of how the Clinton's dealt with authors publishing books critical of Bubba. Go for the jugular with personal attacks insteading of focusing on the issues.

Old 08-15-2008, 06:58 AM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,111,175 times
Quote:
Why don't they address the issues instead of launching ad hominem attacks on Corsi?

Their "push back" is eerily reminiscent of how the Clinton's dealt with authors publishing books critical of Bubba. Go for the jugular with personal attacks insteading of focusing on the issues.
There is a 42 page response to the lies and mistakes in the book. I believe there is a link to it at Obama's site. I know there is a link to it in one of the other posts on CD because I found it and read the response.

I also would suggest that all of you who are so enthralled by the book take the time to actually check out all those "marvelous footnotes" provided at the back of the book. If you do, you will find out that the "source" cited in the vast majority of those footnotes turns out to be CORSI HIMSELF. Now even the shabbiest scholar knows better than to source yourself. Good grief.

Old 08-15-2008, 07:15 AM

Quote:
As they tear apart the lies and fallacies in this "book," people are naturally going to want to know who's responsible for it. Corsi himself has never been news, though he's offered himself around for twenty years or so as a barking dog for the Smear Machine. "The Jerome Corsi Story" is sort of an interesting one that certainly deserves exposure, and it's one he wrote himself, in the pages of freerepublic. If he didnt want attention drawn to his nasty self, he should have published his comic book in the Harvard Lampoon, where it belongs.

Quote:
Suddenly now you all want to focus on "the issues"? That's very funny Go ahead and post on the issues threads, then.

"Go for the jugular with personal attacks?" You poor little things. Or as you all like to put it, "waaah, waaah."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections