Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2008, 11:15 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,940,832 times

Advertisements

Gallup Daily: McCain, Obama Tied at 44%

Based on Bambi's initial statement and the fact that the Kremlin is mirroring the obama campaign in their attacks on the US, could it be the voters are taking notice of bambi's lack of judgement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2008, 11:21 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,662,054 times
or it could just be (from your link)

Voter preferences have been closely divided between Obama and McCain in each of the last three individual nights of polling, underscoring the notion that the race has tightened for the moment. This could to some degree reflect Obama's absence from the campaign trail while he vacations in Hawaii. He will return to the spotlight over the next few weeks upon naming his vice presidential running mate and accepting his party's nomination for president at the Democratic national convention, and both events have typically been associated with a bounce in support for a presidential candidate.

Old 08-15-2008, 11:22 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,725,695 times
Who is Bambi?

Old 08-15-2008, 11:36 AM
j33

4,626 posts, read 14,086,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Who is Bambi?
The mythical candidate of sarene's dreams.

Old 08-15-2008, 11:43 AM

31,683 posts, read 41,037,032 times
The poll is certainly a result of the events in Europe. The question is will voters connect our impotency with our overboard committment in Iraq? That is the challenge for Obama to say see my judgement years ago about the long term consequences are now the chickens coming home to roost.

Old 08-15-2008, 12:05 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,940,832 times
Yeah, I'd like to see him try that. He doesn't have a leg to stand on.

In case you haven't noticed, the world is a dangerous place and has always been that way. Obama doesn't have the leadership or judgement to deal with these dictators, madmen and evil ones. I think the public is taking the measure of the man in his reactions and statements - and he's coming up short.

Old 08-15-2008, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Yeah, I'd like to see him try that. He doesn't have a leg to stand on.

In case you haven't noticed, the world is a dangerous place and has always been that way. Obama doesn't have the leadership or judgement to deal with these dictators, madmen and evil ones. I think the public is taking the measure of the man in his reactions and statements - and he's coming up short.
Gallup Daily: McCain, Obama Tied at 44%

Voter preferences have been closely divided between Obama and McCain in each of the last three individual nights of polling, underscoring the notion that the race has tightened for the moment. This could to some degree reflect Obama's absence from the campaign trail while he vacations in Hawaii. He will return to the spotlight over the next few weeks upon naming his vice presidential running mate and accepting his party's nomination for president at the Democratic national convention, and both events have typically been associated with a bounce in support for a presidential candidate.

Thus if appears we have the debate between Sarene and the Gallup pollsters as to the meaning of their poll results.

Old 08-15-2008, 12:32 PM

I think it is the United States that is now suffering from wobbly leg syndrome as it tries to assert itself in the European Theater while begging for help from Europe in Afghanistan.
Now where might there be 150,000 combat troops well rested and available for effective deployment to deter those nasty Ruskies?

Old 08-15-2008, 12:32 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,461,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
The poll is certainly a result of the events in Europe. The question is will voters connect our impotency with our overboard committment in Iraq? That is the challenge for Obama to say see my judgement years ago about the long term consequences are now the chickens coming home to roost.
Some would say creating new democracies is the aggressive stance while ignoring or choosing to ignore the realities in the world is the regressive position. Blind eye isn't always the best position to take. Years down the road history will dictate who was right and who was wrong.

Old 08-15-2008, 12:33 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,461,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
I think it is the United States that is now suffering from wobbly leg syndrome as it tries to assert itself in the European Theater while begging for help from Europe in Afghanistan.
Now where might there be 150,000 combat troops well rested and available for effective deployment to deter those nasty Ruskies?
Seems more to me the world pretty much came out in denouncement of Russian aggression together. Who said we are begging?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections