Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2008, 07:25 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,849,699 times

Advertisements

I disagree with that statement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
No. I'm certain I don't have a comprehension problem. Your candidate has over 20 years in politics, more than any candidate in recent years running for President of the United States of America and it is certainly a blessing for your party that the Democrat's have a candidate who does not participate in dirty campaigning.

This issue appears to cause many of Senator McCain's supporters anxiety, does the candidate posses the finesse of Senator Obama to deal with personal issues on the public stage and press arena? This subject can't be deferred to Senator Obama. He wasn't there. It was Senator McCain's ordeal.

Interesting. Now that I think about it, why should Senator Obama care if the press makes an issue of this? He had nothing to do with it. The press is Senator McCain's base, are they getting a little out of control?

It looks like the religious folks are making this an issue, and the religious folks sure had their way with Senator Obama, so I'm certain Senator McCain will have his opportunity to shine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2008, 07:56 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,940,832 times
Quote:
certainly a blessing for your party that the Democrat's have a candidate who does not participate in dirty campaigning.
You're joking right?? The Chicago political machine, not dirty?

These comments came from an obama surrogate on a conference call with the press.

I have no problem with this in the airwaves. I'll take a man who left his wife for another 25+ years ago, and who takes full responsibility for it, to a man with associates and connections to terrorists, domestic and foreign, america-haters and racists.

Any day. Bring it on!

Old 08-15-2008, 08:01 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,597,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
You're joking right?? The Chicago political machine, not dirty?
Read what I wrote, not what you'd like to wish I wrote.

Old 08-15-2008, 08:53 PM

280 posts, read 686,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
I didn't put it on the same level, the bible put murder and adultery on the same level.
So I am supposed to believe that if you had a choice of someone divorcing you or your child or killing you or your child, you would really have a hard time choosing. If you are referring to the 10 commandments, I would read a little more. Very rarely in the Bible is God equated with hate, however when it comes to protecting the innocent He is quite clear...These six things the Lord hates, yes, seven are an abomination to Him: a proud look, a lying tongue, hands that shed innocent blood, a heart that devises wicked plans, feet that are swift in running to evil, a false witness who speaks lies, and one who sows discord among brethren. Proverbs 6:16-19. I am not a Bible scholar by any means but anyone who claims they see no greater evil in killing a baby than adultery is just not willing to be honest.

Old 08-15-2008, 09:01 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,748,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseFullaBoys View Post
So I am supposed to believe that if you had a choice of someone divorcing you or your child or killing you or your child, you would really have a hard time choosing. If you are referring to the 10 commandments, I would read a little more. Very rarely in the Bible is God equated with hate, however when it comes to protecting the innocent He is quite clear...These six things the Lord hates, yes, seven are an abomination to Him: a proud look, a lying tongue, hands that shed innocent blood, a heart that devises wicked plans, feet that are swift in running to evil, a false witness who speaks lies, and one who sows discord among brethren. Proverbs 6:16-19. I am not a Bible scholar by any means but anyone who claims they see no greater evil in killing a baby than adultery is just not willing to be honest.
Okay, adultery involves a heart devising a wicked plan, feet running swiftly to evil, a false witness speaking lies to the wife and McCain sowed a lot of discord even for the Ronald regan and his wife to shun McCain from their circle of friends. I also guess adultery doesn't involve an innocent getting hurt.

Old 08-15-2008, 09:19 PM

280 posts, read 686,527 times
[quote=delusianne;4875950]"It is a case study in how effective advertising can work when it is done relentlessly and consistently…even if its untrue. Hannity employed the same strategy conflating a passing acquaintance between Obama and former unconvicted Weather Underground activist William Ayers with 'an association' with Obama...for months. He talked it up every day. He finally goaded ABC's George Stephanopoulos to ask Obama about it in a televised debate. It didn't matter that Obama has nothing that could be construed by a thinking person as 'an association' with Ayers. He raised the question just by repeating it daily."

Are you kidding or have you been living under a rock? "Obama did not even have an "association" with Ayres." Really? His first fundraiser was at Ayres' home, he sat on board of the Wood Fund with him for 3 years, Ayres handpicked Obama to be the chairman of the Chicago Annenberg Challenge, they worked together on this for 8 years. Also Ayres is not innocent (you said unconvicted Weather Underground activist), he did get off on a technicality and has since admitted to all terrorist acts that he was charged with and said he wishes he would have done more. Great GUY! Would love to have a President that hangs with this type! Wake up people before it is too late. If Obama is elected you can all get out with Ayres and Dorhn and stomp on your flags, burn them whatever. The same cheering will be going on all over the world because those that wish us harm and want to wipe us off the face of the earth will now have their chance. Those of you who have been blind to the truth, for whatever reason that I cannot imagine, will be to blame. You should be ashamed and your children and grand children will pay for your poor judgement.

Old 08-15-2008, 09:27 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,151,733 times
[quote=HouseFullaBoys;4877647]
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
"It is a case study in how effective advertising can work when it is done relentlessly and consistently…even if its untrue. Hannity employed the same strategy conflating a passing acquaintance between Obama and former unconvicted Weather Underground activist William Ayers with 'an association' with Obama...for months. He talked it up every day. He finally goaded ABC's George Stephanopoulos to ask Obama about it in a televised debate. It didn't matter that Obama has nothing that could be construed by a thinking person as 'an association' with Ayers. He raised the question just by repeating it daily."

Are you kidding or have you been living under a rock? "Obama did not even have an "association" with Ayres." Really? His first fundraiser was at Ayres' home, he sat on board of the Wood Fund with him for 3 years, Ayres handpicked Obama to be the chairman of the Chicago Annenberg Challenge, they worked together on this for 8 years. Also Ayres is not innocent (you said unconvicted Weather Underground activist), he did get off on a technicality and has since admitted to all terrorist acts that he was charged with and said he wishes he would have done more. Great GUY! Would love to have a President that hangs with this type! Wake up people before it is too late. If Obama is elected you can all get out with Ayres and Dorhn and stomp on your flags, burn them whatever. The same cheering will be going on all over the world because those that wish us harm and want to wipe us off the face of the earth will now have their chance. Those of you who have been blind to the truth, for whatever reason that I cannot imagine, will be to blame. You should be ashamed and your children and grand children will pay for your poor judgement.
Whoa.

Old 08-15-2008, 09:39 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,110,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
well, they should vote if they want, but they shouldn't make claims that they are "conservative." they aren't conservative, they are jesus freaks. we are able to cast a vote for the candidate of our choice, but the religious weirdos have infested politics and warped the meaning of conservatism.

I find it very telling....and to tell you the truth a little heartbreaking...that if you made a similar bigoted statement about Muslims, Jews, Hindus, or almost any other religion...people would on this board would rise up and rebuke you for your mocking and bigotry. But because it is we Christians at whom you aim your hate speech it is applauded and accepted as correct. How truly sad that this should be so in the country that was founded by people who leaned so heavily on their belief in the teachings of Christianity in developing their ideals and values.

Old 08-15-2008, 10:23 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,597,739 times
[quote=HouseFullaBoys;4877647]
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
"It is a case study in how effective advertising can work when it is done relentlessly and consistently…even if its untrue. Hannity employed the same strategy conflating a passing acquaintance between Obama and former unconvicted Weather Underground activist William Ayers with 'an association' with Obama...for months. He talked it up every day. He finally goaded ABC's George Stephanopoulos to ask Obama about it in a televised debate. It didn't matter that Obama has nothing that could be construed by a thinking person as 'an association' with Ayers. He raised the question just by repeating it daily."

Wow! Have you alerted the FBI and the Department of Homeland Security?!! If this is true and he's an enourmous threat to National Security they should be very interested in this. I'm certain you would get a medal for breaking this story.

Old 08-16-2008, 05:37 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,761,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseFullaBoys View Post
He definitely should have waited till he got into the White House, like Bill Clinton before he got some action...oh yeah Billy Boy was getting it before, during and I'm sure after. Libs can't even pretend to be self righteous or act like they care at all about adultery. Puh-Leaze! And do I put cheating on your spouse at the same level as throwing a living, breathing baby into the soiled materials closet at a hospital and leaving him there to die...OF COURSE NOT. Lets be real, okay I know you won't admit it, but any human with a brain AND a conscience can clearly see (and feel) where the true evil is and that is with Barry Obama.
First of all, the Democrats never ran around bowing to the religious nutcase crowd and saying they are all about "family values". Secondly, while I fully agree with you that Bill Clinton and now Edwards are filthy slimeballs and liars, it is not them that McCain is running against. And while I agree with Dr Warren that if you cannot keep you word to your wife, how can you be trusted on anything else, I am not into the religious nutcase stuff and do not confine myself to voting on "family values" for a party that seems to have more than its fair share of closet bathroom stall queens, child chasing Chesters and adulters. Especially when the same bunch loves to bash gays and others for doing the same things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections