Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2008, 08:22 AM

1,050 posts, read 1,930,009 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccersupporter View Post
Obama is definitely the more damaged goods in this case. Too bad so many are so blinded by his Charisma and don't see the lack of substance behind the facade.
Evidently not blinded enough to see the lack of substance behind that claim.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2008, 08:29 AM

4,829 posts, read 6,928,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero View Post
Evidently not blinded enough to see the lack of substance behind that claim.
To each his/her own, that is what makes this country what it is. I think?

Old 08-16-2008, 08:31 AM

"To each his/her own"? That's your response? Back up what you just said. I want to hear it.

Old 08-16-2008, 08:50 AM

4,829 posts, read 6,928,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero View Post
"To each his/her own"? That's your response? Back up what you just said. I want to hear it.
Too funny, a little too much caffeine this morning? The answer is simple, just look at a politicians past, who he/she surrounds themselves with, their dealings, their accomplishments. In other words where the rubber hits the road. Obama is an empty shell. He gives a great speech, full of rhetoric. He has done nothing but call for change and push the hope issue which in themselves are not bad except where the words came from.

Why don't you prove he is a man of substance that has surrounded himself with people of character?

Why don't you show us how he has been striving to make/create change for the better in politics?

Please show me that other than in grandiose speeches, he is something other than a facade put on to get elected.

If you can I will gladly listen. BTW, good luck!

Old 08-16-2008, 09:20 AM

In this forum, we often talk about "the lesser evil." With Iraq, Iran, recession, inflation, weak USD, skyrocketing gas, climate change, suffocating national debt and now Russia, we need a capable leader.

People argue that he's inexperienced and that he's only gotten this far because he's charming. Do you think he beat the Clintons with charm? If so, then you underestimate the influence and power of the Clintons. He has proven he can lead and beat the odds.

With all the years Bush has been in power and his years and years of experience, look what he's done to our country!

Now you talk about surrounding himself with people of character. Please, he's a politician. Tell me ONE politician that is surrounded with people of character. Do not forget that you are in America in the Reality dimension.

I agree with Barack among many issues like removing lobbyist from Washington, removing Bush's tax break to the wealthy, and ending the war in Iraq. These won't fix all our problems overnight. But it's baby steps in the right direction.

Old 08-16-2008, 09:36 AM

2,917 posts, read 4,765,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .....think View Post

YouTube - Firestorm Erupts Over Comparing McCain Cheating To Edwards

this is actually very funny. most conservative news out there,

After 5 years as POW John McCain comes back and then cheats on his wife, why is this ok?

He isnt the Family value guy everyone think he is

McCain adopted Conserative values?
McCain getting free pass?
Republicans getting off the hook?
will o reily face blow up after this?

who thinks this is funny plz tell me

LOL his entire little democrates r evil speach backs fire
YouTube - FOX News Excoriates Edwards, Ignores McCain And Giuliani Cheating

r we camped outside McCains house?
Maybe, just maybe because this all occurred before you were born? Maybe, just maybe because all this happened over 30 years ago? Maybe, just maybe because it's not worth the effort to hash over, again, and again?

Old 08-16-2008, 09:43 AM

571 posts, read 852,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccersupporter View Post
Too funny, a little too much caffeine this morning? The answer is simple, just look at a politicians past, who he/she surrounds themselves with, their dealings, their accomplishments. In other words where the rubber hits the road. Obama is an empty shell. He gives a great speech, full of rhetoric. He has done nothing but call for change and push the hope issue which in themselves are not bad except where the words came from.

Why don't you prove he is a man of substance that has surrounded himself with people of character?

Why don't you show us how he has been striving to make/create change for the better in politics?

Please show me that other than in grandiose speeches, he is something other than a facade put on to get elected.

If you can I will gladly listen. BTW, good luck!

HOW THE HELL DID THIS TURN TO ATTACK ON OBAMA

McCain cheats on his wife and what do you do.... attack obama.... i bet you any if obama was caught cheating on his wife you would never let it go. I have heard about crap after crap about bill clinton and his scandle and now that a republican nominee is cheating on his wife, you guys shrug and act like it never happen.

How can u support a man who is going to lie to his own wife how can we trust him not to lie to us like bush. 4 more years of Bush stairing us in the face and all you guys can do is attack obama.

I can give you his plan for change right now on this website it shows all of his policies and McCains
Issues: Election Center 2008 - CNN.com

Old 08-16-2008, 09:55 AM

2,917 posts, read 4,765,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .....think View Post
HOW THE HELL DID THIS TURN TO ATTACK ON OBAMA

McCain cheats on his wife and what do you do.... attack obama.... i bet you any if obama was caught cheating on his wife you would never let it go. I have heard about crap after crap about bill clinton and his scandle and now that a republican nominee is cheating on his wife, you guys shrug and act like it never happen.

How can u support a man who is going to lie to his own wife how can we trust him not to lie to us like bush. 4 more years of Bush stairing us in the face and all you guys can do is attack obama.

I can give you his plan for change right now on this website it shows all of his policies and McCains
Issues: Election Center 2008 - CNN.com
Sure am glad you have such a simple solution. Ok, I can agree with you about McCain cheating on his wife, although there WERE extenuating circumstances. I don't think it was a cut-n-dried deal. And as far as I know, first wife (can't recall her name at the moment) did not contest the divorce. Plus the fact that all this occurred some 30 years ago. I suspect he "learned" from his mistake(s). Can you?

And are you a seer? Do you know the future? Can you read Obama's mind ahead of the convention? Can you tell us what Obama and McCain's platforms really are? If so, what are you doing here? You should find a pedestal somewhere, get up on it, and tell the world.

You could also learn a little grammar.

Old 08-16-2008, 10:02 AM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,617,651 times
I listened to an entire speech that Obama gave the other day and even after we have all been asking for anything to set him apart, his only reply was "change."

One of the news stations gave statistics the other day about 4 years ago and now and whether we are better off. I knew I have better circumstances than I did 4 years ago. And guess what? The rest of America is too. As bad as it is, it is better than it was 4 years ago. Why would we want to change that. I remember the 60's and don't want to go back there. Honest hard working people worked and others enjoyed the fruits of our labor while we barely got by. Obama can go fly a kite!

A persons personal life is just that. It is between himself and his family. We will never know all the circumstances. We are judged by our entire life and not just one thing.

So in the end, would we rather have a president that ran around on a sick wife or someone who is supposed to be moral that thinks a baby's life does not matter. I did not vote for either one in the primary, but I have to choose in the main election. I choose McCain. Why didn't all of you vote for Clinton or Huckabee? It's your fault that the decision is between the lesser of the two evils.

Old 08-16-2008, 10:31 AM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,108,186 times
People keep talking about Obama's "associates." Does NO ONE care that McCain's entire political career was begun and financed with mob money? Does NO ONE care that Cindy's father and the other mob buddies made their fortune through the death and destruction of hones, decent people? I simply do not understand the silence on this. Does the mob still have enough power to keep this quiet? There are still enough of us around that remember the murder of Don Bolles and others. Why doesn't anyone care about the mob being behind McCain's senate runs?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections