U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: Who did the best
McCain 79 68.70%
Obama 36 31.30%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2008, 04:48 PM

1,031 posts, read 797,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Planter View Post
I'll say one thing, Nietzschean Gangsta, you be trolling good today, but you sho' nuff ain't makin' no friends, either. In fact, nah, not worth the effort to type it out.
Dude, you're a conservative I don't like you. You have nothing to offer intellectual discourse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2008, 04:51 PM
j33

4,625 posts, read 9,795,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nietzschean Gangsta View Post
I'm not sure about that, but I do know that evangelical Christians were enthusiastic supporters of the invasion and occupation of Iraq; acts which are responsible for the deaths of at least 600 thousand Iraqis. I do know that evangelical Christians are enthusiastic supporters of capital punishment and also of the notion that women are subordinate to men. I do know that the US president considers himself a "born-again" Christian, and that he is the biggest warmonger on the planet, in fact this "man of god" is a war criminal.

You see, evangelical Christians have no moral problems with war, execution or the subordination of women, just like the Taliban. If evangelical Christians had their way in the US, limits would be placed upon the movement of women in this society, abortion would be an executionable offense, homophobia and intolerance would be the order of the day, government would become even more authoritarian, and these are just some of the changes that would take place if evangelical Christians had complete political control in the US.
No, you are wrong if you had enough sense to follow the damn links I posted, you'll notice that you cannot paint all Evangelicals with the same brush any more than you can paint all Muslims, Hindus, etc with the same brush. You simply do not know what the hell you are talking about, and are too obtuse to realize it.

Or you are a troll.

I am not an Evangelical, I've said that before, but I've had a lot of dealings with them over the course of my life, oddly enough though, my dealings have been with the more 'liberal' side of the Evangelical world. Yes, my dear, there are Evangelical feminists, I am friends with one whom I suppose is a bit of a rare find (she's a professor at a Christian college and often jokes about 'subverting the minds of conservative Christians as her favorite pastime', but when you talk to her about her religious beliefs, you quickly realize how deeply she takes them, and she'd rip you a new one if she saw what you posted, that is if I could ever get her to stop laughing.

Old 08-17-2008, 04:51 PM

2,912 posts, read 2,957,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nietzschean Gangsta View Post
Dude, you're a conservative I don't like you. You have nothing to offer intellectual discourse.
"Intellectual discourse?" Oh, wow, man, you have no idea... But you're correct, I am a conservative. I don't like you either. Pfffffffft! LOL!

Old 08-17-2008, 04:53 PM

27,234 posts, read 20,991,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j33 View Post
No, you are wrong if you had enough sense to follow the damn links I posted, you'll notice that you cannot paint all Evangelicals with the same brush anymore than you can paint all Muslims, Hindus, etc with the same brush. You simply do not know what the hell you are talking about, and are to obtuse to realize it.

Or you are a troll.

The Nietzscheans are a species of genetically engineered humans in the television series Andromeda who quite religiously follow the works of Friedrich Nietzsche, Social Darwinism and Dawkinite genetictaxonomic name is competitiveness. They claim to be physically perfect and are distinguished from ordinary humans by bone blades protruding outwards from the wrist area. The race's trinomial Homo sapiens invictus, which means Unconquerable Wise Man in Latin.

*s*

Please don't feed into the unrealistic world they live.

Old 08-17-2008, 05:01 PM

532 posts, read 591,867 times
Thumbs down Mccain

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Who did the best? I thought this was a good format compare to several elections back candidates in the MTV format!
Mccain--without a doubt. Obama did okay. but did not give definitive answers. I liked the way Mccain answered so quickly, without hesitation--showing that he didn't need to think twice about what to say to please amyone. I wish R Warren had asked them about immigration though. As far a I have heard, they both are for Amnesty for illegals--unless one, or both have changed their minds.

Old 08-17-2008, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j33 View Post
No, you are wrong if you had enough sense to follow the damn links I posted, you'll notice that you cannot paint all Evangelicals with the same brush any more than you can paint all Muslims, Hindus, etc with the same brush. You simply do not know what the hell you are talking about, and are too obtuse to realize it.

Or you are a troll.

I am not an Evangelical, I've said that before, but I've had a lot of dealings with them over the course of my life, oddly enough though, my dealings have been with the more 'liberal' side of the Evangelical world. Yes, my dear, there are Evangelical feminists, I am friends with one whom I suppose is a bit of a rare find (she's a professor at a Christian college and often jokes about 'subverting the minds of conservative Christians as her favorite pastime', but when you talk to her about her religious beliefs, you quickly realize how deeply she takes them, and she'd rip you a new one if she saw what you posted, that is if I could ever get her to stop laughing.
Fine. I'm too obtuse. I'm a troll. I'm whatever you say I am. Whatever it takes to make you sleep better at night. But your definitions amount to nothing more than "hand waving," in an attempt to deflect criticism from evangelicals. Which quite obviously has touched a raw nerve in you.

Old 08-17-2008, 05:08 PM

3,674 posts, read 7,194,312 times
While there's no doubt McCain did "better", Obama scored some points with the very people he's trying to woo- moderate "christians". I think Obama picked up some votes despite getting thumped.

Old 08-17-2008, 05:15 PM

15,706 posts, read 21,165,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Do "true christians" cheat on their wives? Call their wives trollops and the "C" word? Advocate war? Really?????
UHMMMM I get it muslims (like Obama, there is documentation that he was enrolled into his muslims school and his parent wrote down that he was a muslim)) can have "legally", according to their faith, have more than 1 wife and can do honor killings.....
If you want to look at Obama as a Christian.....well than we have Father Pfleger, Rev. Wright, etc....who preach hate....so even McCain who isn't my fist choice....but almost every one is better than stuttering Obama!

Old 08-17-2008, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post

The Nietzscheans are a species of genetically engineered humans in the television series Andromeda who quite religiously follow the works of Friedrich Nietzsche, Social Darwinism and Dawkinite genetictaxonomic name is competitiveness. They claim to be physically perfect and are distinguished from ordinary humans by bone blades protruding outwards from the wrist area. The race's trinomial Homo sapiens invictus, which means Unconquerable Wise Man in Latin.

*s*

Please don't feed into the unrealistic world they live.
Nice try. Nietzsche is one of the worlds greatest philosophers, though supremely misunderstood. It is very unfortunate that Nietzsche has a lot of things attached to him that he never said or even implied. That T.V. show; Andromeda, got it all wrong. Nietzsche never implied a social Darwinist worldview, Libertarianism does.

Old 08-17-2008, 05:18 PM

427 posts, read 571,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
I went from voting for MCCain
to supporting MCCain,
he was great!
MCCAIN '08
Same here!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections