Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who did the best
McCain 79 68.70%
Obama 36 31.30%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2008, 06:14 PM

1,827 posts, read 2,589,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nietzschean Gangsta View Post
Your right the Taliban are extremist, but so are evangelical Christians. If you don't believe me that they are more a like than different then research their moral positions.
Are there any today that own or sell slaves like they still do in the Sudan?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2008, 06:14 PM

2,137 posts, read 3,859,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero View Post
I didn't vote because I did not see obama's. McCain had a boring start but some of his jokes was funny. The part where he praised Bush was funny as there was just silence afters.

Given the audience, it was easy to predict every single McCain answer.

Well, I am assuming you are a fan of Obama. And it colors your perception of what you saw in McCain's performance.

You see, it doesn't matter the audience McCain speaks to. He gives the same answers to all audiences because he says what he believes.

Mr. Obama tries to color and parse his responses in regard to the audience he is faced with.

This is why he gives a fantastic speech and is bad at off the cuff remarks. You can see him searching for the "correct" answer, not just saying his true belief.

This is why he has avoided the town hall meetings with McCain and why he only will do the bare minimum debates. This is why he is going to crash and burn after "answering" the Corsi book. He is going to have to actually speak off the cuff a lot in the coming weeks and his true beliefs are going to start dribling out.

Obama is sunk. You just saw the tip of the iceberg in this Warren program.

By the way, I just may pick up Warren's book. I was leery of him, being a tv evangelical guy, but he ran a wonderful program. Better than ANY debate I've ever seen on the networks, cable or NPR. Couldn't have been handled fairer.

Old 08-17-2008, 07:04 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingsOfGold View Post
Hope you're wearing a bib. Truth is I never heard of the guy BUT he at least did a fair job, no bias and was professional. Could we expect that from Dan Blather, Curic, Tony Snow or Russert? Definitely not from the first two and it would have been tough for either of the later. Truth is, you CAN'T tell the truth, it's just not in you or your ilk.
Want to post some FACTS to prove I'm a liar or is a "liar" anyone who doesn't agree with you ?

Old 08-17-2008, 07:11 PM

2,215 posts, read 3,615,423 times
Wow, Barry Soebama lost and had his pants handed to him and you guys get all upset like this.

What will you all do when McCain beats him, turn over cars? Start whining that he cheated? Say it was a set up? Attack those of us who know that McCain is the better man for this job?

GET OVER IT, BOY WONDER, THE EVER SO SMART INTELLIGENT ( HAA ! ) RICH BOY FROM KENYA JUST GOT WHOOOOOOPED AND YOU CANNOT STAND IT.

Now we all know what he is made of, CHEESE. The one with the holes in it.

Old 08-17-2008, 07:17 PM

1,050 posts, read 1,930,543 times
This isn't a football game where you trash talk the other team Chick.

Old 08-17-2008, 07:17 PM

2,654 posts, read 5,762,054 times
it depends on the level of answers you are looking for.

Take for example the "evil" question...Obama approached it from the aspect of Darfur, child abuse, and how to confront it without being evil ourselves by doing so and taking on the humble approach that erasing evil is gods work, not ours.

McCain just started ranting about Osama Bin Laden.

In some ways Obamas answers were better, more thought provoking. In some ways McCains were better...more straight and to the point.

Obama needs to work on being able to deliver straight forward answers, and McCain needs to work on answers that sound less like a bully.

Both were impressive, I thought. I didnt vote.

Old 08-17-2008, 07:18 PM

1,793 posts, read 1,451,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Chick View Post
Wow, Barry Soebama lost
Do you realize how ridiculously childish you come across to the members of this forum?

Old 08-17-2008, 07:19 PM

1,827 posts, read 2,589,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Want to post some FACTS to prove I'm a liar or is a "liar" anyone who doesn't agree with you ?

Relax Elwood, if you can't honestly say who got the better last night you are truth challenged. McCain scored some 10 - 8 rounds easily, at best for Dumbo there might have been one or two scored even.

Old 08-17-2008, 07:20 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Quote:
Do you realize how ridiculously childish you come across to the members of this forum?
Speak for yourself. His last name is or was Soetoro.

Old 08-17-2008, 07:21 PM

1,793 posts, read 1,451,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Chick View Post
CHEESE. The one with the holes in it.
That would be Swiss cheese doofus....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections