Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who did the best
McCain 79 68.70%
Obama 36 31.30%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 12:00 AM

1,827 posts, read 2,588,845 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
That's"" "too" much credit"".....and now you saying something about intellectual ability.....
Oh my Allah <swt>, I left out the big O. Actually yes, Id love to contest you but it would be like beating a dumb animal, I don't need PETA picketing my door.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2008, 05:03 AM

2,311 posts, read 2,828,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingsOfGold View Post
Oh my Allah <swt>, I left out the big O. Actually yes, Id love to contest you but it would be like beating a dumb animal, I don't need PETA picketing my door.
Please then if you are concerned with contesting that post describe to me why I should subscribe to your ideas.

All you have in your post is trash talk without anything to back it up.

I am willing to debate whatever actual substance (I actually haven't seen a single post of yours with substance) you care to provide. No slander, no fairy tales, no cheap shots; nothing but issues.

Old 08-18-2008, 08:53 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,700,795 times
So we had Mr. "Aw Shucks" vs. Mr. 'I Over-think Everything". Tough choice.
As someone who actually values:
education,
philosophy,
reading and trying to understand history,
thinking before acting and/or speaking,
the sacrifices that my son and others in the military make every day as well as those my parents and grandparents made during the depression and WWII
being told the truth about what it will take to get this country back on track as much as I don't want to hear it or pay for it

Sen. Obama all the way.

Old 08-18-2008, 09:33 AM

3,326 posts, read 5,340,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
I went from voting for MCCain
to supporting MCCain,
he was great!
MCCAIN '08

I agreed with Obama's answer's over MCcain's as I am pro choice,etc but I agree with you.

MCcain scored on Sat . Obama did not .

Old 08-18-2008, 10:59 AM

7,923 posts, read 8,845,775 times
There was one topic that McCain had first hand knowledge about and Obama had no knowledge of....... How to cheat on your wife! If that veiled attempt by McCain to cut everyone off at the pass by using his divorce in the answer so that at a future date he can say that, " I have already said that my divorce was something i truly regret", was a ploy to stop the future questions over it, it was as transparent as glass.

Old 08-18-2008, 11:21 AM

8,754 posts, read 10,167,831 times
I am not one to praise McCain, normally, but it was a slam dunk for him. There was just no comparison. McCain looked sure and direct and Obama seemed uncertain and not wanting to take a definite stand on much of anything, although I was surprised by a few of his answers and appreciated what he said.

Old 08-18-2008, 12:57 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,037,032 times
Gallup Daily: Obama at 46%, McCain at 43%
PRINCETON, NJ -- Barack Obama has returned to a slight three percentage point lead over John McCain in Gallup Poll Daily tracking for Aug. 15-17, with Obama at 46% and McCain at 43% among registered voters.

Old 08-18-2008, 05:10 PM

26,212 posts, read 49,038,592 times
Though many say that Senator McCain “won” the debate, that determination relies on simplistic evaluations of how ‘quickly’ McCain replied, or how forcefully, etc. Such evaluations are meaningless. The content and substance of his remarks counts more.

By way of substance, McCain displayed nothing but standard-issue GOP talking points; the same Rovian dogma we’ve seen these past eight years. He told the fundies in Mr. Warren’s church what they wanted to hear: Overturn Roe v Wade; pack the SCOTUS with partisan hacks who will decide cases on party dogma instead of constitutional principles; destroy evil (though evil was not defined); and more.

The fundies lust for blood was obvious when McCain talked about “destroying evil.” The crowd approved and Warren beamed that his toady puked out his lines so well. The fundies love to destroy things and people - especially people, people of other colors, women, and those who don’t agree with their Taliban style religion of “our way or else.”

McCain sat in vastly partisan turf of the evangelical right, an abomination of its own - we’re electing a president, not a pope. These debates should be held in purely neutral venues, not in any church, synagogue, cathedral, temple or mosque. By having a debate in a fundie church, it violates the First Amendment as it is a de facto establishment of fundie evangelicalism as our national religion. I can assure you it is NOT.

In advance of this “debate” the Rovian thugs gave McCain supersize enema’s of GOP dogma talking points laced with speed. When the subject of education and schools came up, McCain began bouncing around in his chair like an epileptic parrot in a full spasmodic fit, barking his lines like a Pavlovian trained cur: “choice, competition, choice, competition” until the crowd roared their approval of yet another GOP big lie. McCain gave back that patented village idiot grin, his glee evident - glee that he actually remembered the rote lines pumped into him all week by the Rovian clowns.

I’ve no doubt that McCain heard what was going on while Senator Obama was on stage. There’s no way that a guy who usually speaks as stupidly and haphazardly as Bush could actually be lucid for an hour. It was all a stage-managed sham of the far right. I’d love to see McCain in a true “cone of silence” at a debate held in a major black church, like Ebenezer Baptist in Atlanta, or the Abyssinian Baptist in Harlem. That would be a much better measure of the man.

There was NO new material presented by either candidate. My vote remains with the DEMs this election.

Old 08-18-2008, 05:13 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,461,121 times
Wow it must really be hard to judge anything accurately with such hate filled eyes.

Old 08-18-2008, 05:23 PM

26,212 posts, read 49,038,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Gallup Daily: Obama at 46%, McCain at 43%
PRINCETON, NJ -- Barack Obama has returned to a slight three percentage point lead over John McCain in Gallup Poll Daily tracking for Aug. 15-17, with Obama at 46% and McCain at 43% among registered voters.
Yep, Obama is back up to his 3 point lead. I think that most people have already made up their minds, but I'm sure Obama will pull off a victory and the DEMs will enjoy a landslide.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections