Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who did the best
McCain 79 68.70%
Obama 36 31.30%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2008, 09:40 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,822,703 times

Advertisements

Define rich!
Obama, 250,000.00 and up!
McCain, 5 million I want everyone to be rich!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2008, 09:45 PM

1,452 posts, read 3,191,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
Obama = dumb ass
but is too full of himself to notice.

He got his butt whipped tonight and his fans are spinning a web.............
I loved the post where they think MCCAIN knew the questions..LOL
that is funny
What is the difference, as you perceive it, between "confident" and "full of oneself"? I think it simply comes down to which side you're on. As to "spinning a web", it was not *just* me who noticed McCain's newfound spontaneity and rapid-fire responses but most of the articulate, non-Repub folks who called in on C-SPAN. I think future debates will demonstrate more of the candidates' true natures and capabilities.

Old 08-16-2008, 09:52 PM

1,050 posts, read 1,930,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
Obama = dumb ass
but is too full of himself to notice.
McCain finished 894th out of 899 at the Naval Academy.

Barack graduate of Columbia University and Harvard Law School.

Who is the dumb ass?

How are you going to spin this? He got 5th place?

Old 08-16-2008, 09:55 PM

2,917 posts, read 4,766,393 times
Ahhhh, I didn't have to wait long. The "wailing and flailing" I mentioned on another thread has begun. Great! I can hardly wait for the turnings of the screws come Sunday and all the following days. It also appears from the "poll" that the demwits are not on top of their "game," rather scratching around in the dirt, searching for that morsel of irreputable fact that will not be had. Suffer, you bums, suffer. LOL!

And writing of "hate," the hate of the left, of the demwits is truly coming out. All this yakking about superfluous BS that is not about the "debate" tonight, penises and/or being white really stands out, is sure making a big hit for da bums.

From what I've read - the CNN blogs mainly - it appears that John Sidney McCain whupped Barack Hussein Obama's butt, but good. No, I did not watch it, as I knew I'd get the full monty here. ROTF, LMAO!

Old 08-16-2008, 09:58 PM

5,341 posts, read 4,428,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahSal View Post
What is the difference, as you perceive it, between "confident" and "full of oneself"? I think it simply comes down to which side you're on. As to "spinning a web", it was not *just* me who noticed McCain's newfound spontaneity and rapid-fire responses but most of the articulate, non-Repub folks who called in on C-SPAN. I think future debates will demonstrate more of the candidates' true natures and capabilities.
Actually, this has been the way McCain speaks when the format is "free form."
McCain has always done well at town hall type forums. Perhaps that is why he challenged Obama to several and Obama declined to partake.

Old 08-16-2008, 10:03 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,822,703 times
Lets all be honest here, these guy's have literally been campaigning for over a year, Warren wasnt asking them anything new or difficult, or anything that they shouldnt have had a quick straight forward answer to. Again, Obama had to parse his words because he knew with every question he could get himself in trouble with his own party. The question Warren should of asked is as a Christian why are you a Democrat?

Old 08-16-2008, 10:07 PM
j33

4,626 posts, read 14,086,496 times
Now, I have not yet watched the interview, and am perfectly willing to accept that perhaps McCain did better in this appearance (I'll decide after I watch it, and despite my preference of Obama to McCain, I've seen Obama fumble and slip up before, and I'm sure he'll do so again, as will McCain), but I fail to see, as silas777 does, any correlation between religious leanings and political leanings. Last I checked there was nothing in the Democratic political platform that required one to denounce Christianity just as there is nothing in the Republican platform that requires one claim Christianity (my uncle, who is a Republican, is an avowed agnostic and does not claim any sort religious beliefs, but is an almost rabid fiscal conservative who loathes social conservatives ...I've joked with him a few times that he's really a libertarian but won't admit it).

Old 08-16-2008, 10:10 PM

1,827 posts, read 2,588,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BButrell View Post
In what? Being a lousy student? Losing planes? Getting kidnapped because you're an effup pilot? Cheating on your wife?
This shows the ignorance of the left, THANK YOU for proving my point. McCain flew jets, Dumbo......well he stutters and inhales nose candy. That's his true legacy.

Old 08-16-2008, 10:12 PM

194 posts, read 299,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eldtaz View Post
What Obama does is weigh each thought and word before he speaks them.
I wish he'd weigh them a little bit quicker. There is such a thing as overthinking. W/McCain, he sticks with his first mind and his gut. No matter how much of an idiot he sounds, he at least sound like an idiot who'll stick by his guns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingsOfGold View Post
This shows the ignorance of the left, THANK YOU for proving my point.
You ducked my questions. Thanks for proving mine.

Old 08-16-2008, 10:14 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,037,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BButrell View Post
I wish he'd weigh them a little bit quicker. There is such a thing as overthinking. W/McCain, he sticks with his first mind and his gut. No matter how much of an idiot he sounds, he at least sound like an idiot who'll stick by his guns.

You ducked my questions. Thanks for proving mine.
Interesting commentary on your part. Did he reinforce the impulsive notion? Also note the use on your part of the words gun. Which taken together with impulsive. Also thank you for a literate response. I expect to have something else to follow from others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections