Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2008, 11:59 AM

2,917 posts, read 4,766,749 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
End of what input??????
It's all YOU need to know!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2008, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero View Post
You agree then that was the only error in shipm8's post. To confirm, you do twist everything into a negative.
Perhaps "negative" in your eyes, eh? I think she's doing an admiral job of countering. She has tenacity, that's for sure.

Old 08-17-2008, 12:15 PM

1,031 posts, read 1,314,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Gateway Pundit

Good lord. Not once did he mention the evil of flying planes into buildings, the evil of wishing to wipe another country off the map.

Clearly, to obama, US policy is the real evil in the world.
The evil of illegally invading and subsequently occupying another sovereign nation, and being directly responsible for the deaths of 600,000+ people. The evil of supporting various dictatorial and repressive governments around the world, even going so far as to engineer the overthrow of democratically elected officials and installing autocrats. The evil of being a war-like nation.

Old 08-17-2008, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nietzschean Gangsta View Post
The evil of illegally invading and subsequently occupying another sovereign nation, and being directly responsible for the deaths of 600,000+ people. The evil of supporting various dictatorial and repressive governments around the world, even going so far as to engineer the overthrow of democratically elected officials and installing autocrats. The evil of being a war-like nation.
I differ with you quite a bit on your count of 600K+ people. My source is Iraq Body Count through 6/4/8, the latest update. The total ranges from 86,609 – 94,490. If you have a better source, would you please share it?

Old 08-17-2008, 01:25 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,208,233 times
Quote:
I believe there is a video. Not enough for you? I'm sure the transcript is out there - for all those that really want to see what he said.

good grief they have replayed it over and over!
Obama does not think what happened on 911 is anything we should say anything about. "Get over it"
He is such a double talker and is banking on his fans to stand up for him.
Of course there is evil everywhere all we have to do is look in our own hearts. But for him not to say anything when we have boots on the ground in two wars and then to say he cares about them is just bull crap.
He cares about one thing :being elected.
MCCAIN 08!

Old 08-17-2008, 01:41 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,455,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Planter View Post
Can't read, bk? Or you just don't want to take the time, make the effort? Seems you want facts a lot, so when a fact or source is given, you want a synopsis. I guess not everyone thinks along the same lines.
Or for themselves either....:

The "you right-winged radicals throwing my candidates words in my face" strike yet again.

Old 08-17-2008, 02:21 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,598,969 times
Quote:
Gateway Pundit

Good lord. Not once did he mention the evil of flying planes into buildings, the evil of wishing to wipe another country off the map.

Clearly, to obama, US policy is the real evil in the world.
You're kidding right? US policy is perfect, where are you getting this stuff?
He didn't mention Hurricane Katrina, the Contra Affair, the Columbian hostages or WaterGate either.

Old 08-17-2008, 03:07 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
He holds the left-wing elitist liberal attitude that America is to blame. We do and have done more for the world than any other nation.

This is in the same vein of telling a 7 year old that America basically sucks. To focus on all that evil America has done is just beyond words.

There is no reason to talk down your own country.

Quote:
She has tenacity, that's for sure.
I've been told that before.

Old 08-17-2008, 05:32 PM

956 posts, read 1,234,913 times
The Obamakins can shoot the messenger if they like and if it makes them feel better, but anyone watching last night had their jaw dropped to their chest hearing him describe his perception of evil.

I was left with no doubt in my mind that he turned it on us in the end. "Us" as in the United States ... not "us" as in the world. You can't spin what he said logically in any other direction.

Not a mention of Al Queda, not a mention of radical Islam extremists, no mention of the evil perpetuated on the United States on 9/11. No mention ... nothing ... zilch ... zip.

No, it was clear that he was suggesting we brought it on ourselves. You could not watch that, hear his voice, and not read it that way.

Of course down the road we will hear the familiar words "That's not what I meant, what I meant was....." or "That's not what I said, what I said was....."

Old 08-17-2008, 06:02 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,208,233 times
After 911 Obama made excuses for the terrorists
and he wants to be president.
Shameful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections