Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 08:07 PM

31,672 posts, read 40,884,092 times

Advertisements

No big deal McCain was in the motorcade and only his campaign knows if he knew the questions before hand. The campaign will probably not make more of it and we will see if the Evangelical faithful will care. What is amazing is that the McCain people are on Larry King saying McCain still out performed him.
Of course posters here will feel reborn about the cross in the sand. Tim Pawlenty didn't deny McCain was not in the cone as advertised so we are awaiting to hear what Pastor Warren says.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2008, 08:12 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,532,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
No big deal McCain was in the motorcade and only his campaign knows if he knew the questions before hand. The campaign will probably not make more of it and we will see if the Evangelical faithful will care. What is amazing is that the McCain people are on Larry King saying McCain still out performed him.
Is it a performance issue or an issue of being honest about the integrity of the process. I tossed my two cents in regarding the interviews and I stand by them. It's just odd that more folks wouldn't be appalled at this breach of integrity.

I think Senator McCain should have called and said he was running late. I'm certain the Pastor would have found some creative way to fill the time and reporters have no problem with idle chatter until an event begins.

Old 08-18-2008, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Is it a performance issue or an issue of being honest about the integrity of the process. I tossed my two cents in regarding the interviews and I stand by them. It's just odd that more folks wouldn't be appalled at this breach of integrity.

I think Senator McCain should have called and said he was running late. I'm certain the Pastor would have found some creative way to fill the time and reporters have no problem with idle chatter until an event begins.
I think when he first started Warren made a comment about McCain being locked in the green room. In hindsight it was a golden opportunity for McCain to explain what had happend but he didn't. Someone will have to review it and see how he responded. He certainly didn't help Warren out by clarifying.

Old 08-18-2008, 08:33 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,776,394 times
Warren has clarified what happened. Maybe you bots should listen and believe, dear lord.

Old 08-18-2008, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Warren has clarified what happened. Maybe you bots should listen and believe, dear lord.
What did I say other then it wasn't a big deal and why didn't he clarify when Warren said something at the start.

Old 08-18-2008, 09:01 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,776,394 times
He was in the cone for 40 minutes.

How many "cone" threads are you going to start?

Old 08-18-2008, 09:04 PM

He is the one who proclaimed full disclosure when it made him look good about this most difficult decision.

Old 08-18-2008, 09:07 PM

2,215 posts, read 3,601,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
He was in the cone for 40 minutes.

How many "cone" threads are you going to start?
Sanrene they so an opening and ran with it, to find out the facts they used were false and the fact that it was Obama who was given the advantage with a question to be asked up front and he still screwed it up.

Warren has come out and stated that McCain wasn't even in the same building, he was in a building with no monitors, hearing devices, anything that he could see or hear the questions.

You liberals should be ashamed of yourselves for not checking out the facts before making fools of yourselves.

Sanrene, did you catch the Iraq War lie Obama had? How about when he was getting ready to say Justice Thomas did not have enough "experience" to be a justice and stopped dead in his tracks because he has ZERO experience in any leader ship or decision making positions.

I know it hurts bad libs, but your boy just proved all of us correct, without a teleprompter, without written words, without granny there you boy just plain doesnt have what it takes.

I did learn one thing from him, he is more of a baby killing machine then has been written about.

So take your cone libs and go onto something that is not a lie. Maybe next time you will check out your sources before posting false information.

Old 08-18-2008, 09:09 PM

5,287 posts, read 4,349,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Of course posters here will feel reborn about the cross in the sand. Tim Pawlenty didn't deny McCain was not in the cone as advertised so we are awaiting to hear what Pastor Warren says.

Oh, I think if he heard the questions during his ride we will find out. Loyalty is sorely lacking in today's political arena.

Old 08-18-2008, 09:15 PM

1,867 posts, read 4,064,311 times
There were McCain people in the room awaiting McCain's arrival at the debate. So ever thought maybe those people used their cell phones and/or blackberries to advise McCain beforehand of the questions? Oh no, couldn't possibly be. Well why did McCain not correct the guy when he came onto the show, instead of acting like he had been in a cone of silence as he implied. Being in a car with your people having access to the outside world (read: his people sitting in the audience), and then sitting in a green room which was also connected to the outside world, is NOT a cone of silence as we all envision it. I find this totally unfair of McCain not to be honest about it right then and there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections