Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2008, 06:18 AM

48,122 posts, read 21,999,038 times

Advertisements

My money is on Joe Biden. His foriegn affairs credentials will be a definate asset......BUT more importantly he really is a down to earth guy.... blue collar working family appeal....his mouth has at times gotten him in trouble.....but he is someone who can help Obama deal with McNasty's dirty gutter lies and characterizations.

Biden being a Roman Catholic is also a plus (we've come a long way since Kennedy) and will help in Pennsylvania and ethnic communities. I think Biden is the absolute best choice!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2008, 06:41 AM

21 posts, read 43,114 times
of the media mentions i guess biden may be the better choice..but not the best choice...now before i go on i will reveal i am a black man who is a dedicated voter and have not missed a vote in 20 years..and i know a lot of black people are mad about the primaries and how things went....but if we remain on this hate clinton path..well get used to saying president mccain.....everyone wants to say that bill is being an ******* and i completely disagree the media wants to say that his ego is hurt because the clintons loss and again i disagree ..i think bill is very bitter and hurt because the media as well as the obama campaighn hinted at bill being a racist and it hurt him to his core..when you spend your life fighting for people who are less fortunate and are under repesented and a lot of these being black people..and then they call you a racist would you not be hurt? did anyone read his autobiography? did you see the pics of him at mr. browns funeral? with chelsea comforting him? a racist? crying at a black mans funeral? bill is about as racist as i am ..and he is hurt..so i give him a pass if he is not ready to kiss the ring...but obama has to not listen to the elitist and read the writing on the wall..he did not win in a landside..if the media was as critical on him as it is now he would not have won..had the dems had the same delegate rules as the rep. he would not have won..so those are what ifs but the reality is that he won because hilliary was too confident and obamas camp had a delegat map plan..now obama is the over confident one and to completely dismiss clinton does not push her 50% support to mccain but it does leave them less excited about voting..its the thing that may make the differance in going to vote if the weather is bad or if ones not feeling well and you add this to the undelying racism and staunch republican support and mcain my squeek by i hope he comes to his sences.

Old 08-19-2008, 06:49 AM

280 posts, read 686,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chesscat View Post
of the media mentions i guess biden may be the better choice..but not the best choice...now before i go on i will reveal i am a black man who is a dedicated voter and have not missed a vote in 20 years..and i know a lot of black people are mad about the primaries and how things went....but if we remain on this hate clinton path..well get used to saying president mccain.....everyone wants to say that bill is being an ******* and i completely disagree the media wants to say that his ego is hurt because the clintons loss and again i disagree ..i think bill is very bitter and hurt because the media as well as the obama campaighn hinted at bill being a racist and it hurt him to his core..when you spend your life fighting for people who are less fortunate and are under repesented and a lot of these being black people..and then they call you a racist would you not be hurt? did anyone read his autobiography? did you see the pics of him at mr. browns funeral? with chelsea comforting him? a racist? crying at a black mans funeral? bill is about as racist as i am ..and he is hurt..so i give him a pass if he is not ready to kiss the ring...but obama has to not listen to the elitist and read the writing on the wall..he did not win in a landside..if the media was as critical on him as it is now he would not have won..had the dems had the same delegate rules as the rep. he would not have won..so those are what ifs but the reality is that he won because hilliary was too confident and obamas camp had a delegat map plan..now obama is the over confident one and to completely dismiss clinton does not push her 50% support to mccain but it does leave them less excited about voting..its the thing that may make the differance in going to vote if the weather is bad or if ones not feeling well and you add this to the undelying racism and staunch republican support and mcain my squeek by i hope he comes to his sences.
All well said, I am a McCain supporter, but also have some opinions on the Clintons. As a McCain supporter I would hate to see Obama choose Hillary as his running mate, I think that is his best chance to win. I have never been a Hillary fan, but actually felt compassion for her when all of her long time "friends" and supporters turned on her for a virtual unknown. She received no respect for all of her years of service. I think everyone was blind sided by Obama and I definitely believe that if the primary were being held now (after some of his skeletons have come out) Hillary would take the nomination. Just my opinion...

Old 08-19-2008, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chesscat View Post
I appreciate your perspective and arguement.....and as recently as yesterday...I was leaning to Hillary as the best choice for the exact reasons you give......But although I don't think Bill is a racist....I believe he attempted to use Obama's race against him in the primary....he is a consumate politician and his politics and monetary interests have over ridden his personal ethics when it came to Death Penalty, Welfare Reform, Gays in the Military and his granting of pardons--I also believe his ego is so large there isnt room on the platform for Hillary or Obama. I can easily imagine him in a Hillary-Obama administration....giving interviews where he puts them down to toute his own record or to pump up his inflated image of his own importance.

Old 08-19-2008, 06:58 AM

280 posts, read 686,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
I appreciate your perspective and arguement.....and as recently as yesterday...I was leaning to Hillary as the best choice for the exact reasons you give......But although I don't think Bill is a racist....I believe he attempted to use Obama's race against him in the primary....he is a consumate politician and his politics and monetary interests have over ridden his personal ethics when it came to Death Penalty, Welfare Reform, Gays in the Military and his granting of pardons--I also believe his ego is so large there isnt room on the platform for Hillary or Obama. I can easily imagine him in a Hillary-Obama administration....giving interviews where he puts them down to toute his own record or to pump up his inflated image of his own importance.
So true! I can see Obama not choosing Hillary because she will think she is in charge and with Bill running all over doing interviews, etc...That would be distracting and Obama would definitely look like their puppet. Good call.

Old 08-19-2008, 08:11 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,698,449 times
I think he'll pick Biden, Richardson probably prefers Secretary of State.

Old 08-19-2008, 08:21 AM

Obama being such a young man and in good health.....his VP is important.....but is unlikely to ever be called upon to step in to serve.....only a heart beat away.....type thing. His vice president will be important as a confidant and advisor and to handle special projects and circumstances.

With McCain there is a high possibility even probability that the VP will actually have to take over due to the failing health or capacity or even death of McCain.....that makes his choice much more risky....and important.

Old 08-19-2008, 08:53 AM

1,703 posts, read 3,870,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xavierob82 View Post
I voted for Obama in the Virginia primaries, but Hillary as VP means Obama won't be getting my vote in November. No way, no how.
And the only way he'll get my vote is with her on the ticket. He's an imbecile and the only way I'll give him my vote is if I know someone who has some experience is in there with him. The 'rock star' love people have for him is absolutely terrifying and he needs someone to bring him down a few notches. Without Hillary on the ticket, I don't know if I'll even bother to vote. Neither option is really good.

Old 08-19-2008, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinsmom View Post
And the only way he'll get my vote is with her on the ticket. He's an imbecile and the only way I'll give him my vote is if I know someone who has some experience is in there with him. The 'rock star' love people have for him is absolutely terrifying and he needs someone to bring him down a few notches. Without Hillary on the ticket, I don't know if I'll even bother to vote. Neither option is really good.

There may be many things that people who don't like Obama can say......but to call him an "imbecile"......well it "bounces off him".....he has the credentials and record of accomplishements to prove he is intelectually way above average. I dare say it is at best, "silly" to question his intelect.

Those women who would have voted for Hillary but will choose a candidate who intends to reverse Roe v Wade and perhaps to outlaw contraception, to bully bluster us into more wars and who considers $5 million annually as the divide between middle class and wealthy--they were never really going to vote for Hillary. They are Republicans.

The only real difference between Hillary and Obama was race and gender, history and their spouses.....on health care, education, womens rights, economy, Iraq, and Supreme Court appointments and voting record....there wasnt enough difference to make a debate.

Last edited by elston; 08-19-2008 at 10:47 AM..

Old 08-19-2008, 11:28 AM

1,703 posts, read 3,870,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
There may be many things that people who don't like Obama can say......but to call him an "imbecile"......well it "bounces off him".....he has the credentials and record of accomplishements to prove he is intelectually way above average. I dare say it is at best, "silly" to question his intelect.

Those women who would have voted for Hillary but will choose a candidate who intends to reverse Roe v Wade and perhaps to outlaw contraception, to bully bluster us into more wars and who considers $5 million annually as the divide between middle class and wealthy--they were never really going to vote for Hillary. They are Republicans.

The only real difference between Hillary and Obama was race and gender, history and their spouses.....on health care, education, womens rights, economy, Iraq, and Supreme Court appointments and voting record....there wasnt enough difference to make a debate.
No their differences are far greater. He swings far more left and I don't agree with many of his so called solutions. And I said I wouldn't vote for either if Hillary isn't the VP with Obama. I don't care for McCain at this point either. And Roe v Wade will not be overturned. They can blow smoke all day about that but it'll never happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections