Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 08:43 PM

715 posts, read 1,666,753 times

Advertisements

In response to Obama not having an opinion on when life begins...

"I would not want to die and get before God one day and go, 'Oh, sorry, I didn't take the time to figure out' because if I was wrong then it had severe implications to my leadership if I had the ability to do something about it. He should either say, 'No scientifically, I do not believe it's a human being until X' or whatever it is or to say, 'Yes, I believe it is a human being at X point,' whether it's conception or anything else. But to just say 'I don't know' on the most divisive issue in America is not a clear enough answer for me."

This guy is just not ready to lead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2008, 08:48 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,695,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splinter View Post
In response to Obama not having an opinion on when life begins...

"I would not want to die and get before God one day and go, 'Oh, sorry, I didn't take the time to figure out' because if I was wrong then it had severe implications to my leadership if I had the ability to do something about it. He should either say, 'No scientifically, I do not believe it's a human being until X' or whatever it is or to say, 'Yes, I believe it is a human being at X point,' whether it's conception or anything else. But to just say 'I don't know' on the most divisive issue in America is not a clear enough answer for me."

This guy is just not ready to lead.
It is stupid question to begin with. Of course human "life" begins at conception the same as any other form of life does. The question should be when does mere "life" become a "person"? A fetus at 1 day old is NOT a person. It is a clump of cells just like the fetus of a dog, a cat or a fertilized egg. And no, we do not know the precise moment that a human fetus becomes a human person.

Old 08-18-2008, 08:48 PM

2,215 posts, read 3,607,260 times
I agree, he couldn't even answer this question when if he was ready to lead he would have already had an answer knowing it was going to be asked at some point in this next 2 months.

He wont answer these questions fully anyway because he flip flops so much that he doesnt want to put himself in concrete by answering it directly.

Sounds to me like he has a problem knowing what is right and what is wrong.

On the other hand McCain was impressive with his answers. See McCain believes in what he feels and the other one doesn't.

Old 08-18-2008, 08:49 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,843,467 times
"At birth" would have been more acceptable than the answer he gave. People might not like it, but at least he gave an answer that would be deemed acceptable to some.

Old 08-18-2008, 08:57 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,135,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
"At birth" would have been more acceptable than the answer he gave. People might not like it, but at least he gave an answer that would be deemed acceptable to some.

I am not sure he believes it is even "at birth" since he thinks if a child accidently lives through an abortion, it should be allowed to die anyway and no attempt should be made to keep it alive. That one just takes the cake for me. Even the staunchest pro choice senators were for the bill that would allow a child like this to survive...not Obama.

Old 08-18-2008, 09:16 PM

715 posts, read 1,666,753 times
For purposes of clarification, can we call "Pro Choice" what it actually is, and that is "Pro Death"

I guess it makes Libs feel better about themselves to use the word "choice" instead of "death"....but if you are the opposite of Pro Life, you must be Pro Death.

Old 08-18-2008, 10:08 PM

532 posts, read 857,459 times
Thumbs down Pro-death

Quote:
For purposes of clarification, can we call "Pro Choice" what it actually is, and that is "Pro Death"

I guess it makes Libs feel better about themselves to use the word "choice" instead of "death"....but if you are the opposite of Pro Life, you must be Pro Death.
No one wants to think they are pro-death, but that's what pro-choice amounts to, in many cases--if the choice is to kill the baby. Some pro-choicers, of course choose not to do that. Since no one knows for a fact, exactly when a person becomes a viable human being, I would rather give the benefit of the doubt to "life at conception." Can't go wrong with that.

Old 08-18-2008, 10:12 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,843,467 times
I believe that as well. Many could argue with obama if he said "at birth". But at least it would have been a somewhat reasonable ANSWER.

Don't get me wrong - I loved his answer.

Old 08-18-2008, 10:13 PM

646 posts, read 1,636,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I believe that as well. Many could argue with obama if he said "at birth". But at least it would have been a somewhat reasonable ANSWER.

Don't get me wrong - I loved his answer.

Republicans are pro-life because they want live babies so they can raise them to be dead soldiers.

Old 08-18-2008, 10:16 PM

2,215 posts, read 3,607,260 times
Quote:

Stunning post.

You are so right.

Rep for you.

They want to keep murderers, rapist, criminals in prison alive forever being against the death penalty but yet the baby killing party wants to kill babies who have done nothing wrong.

Never thought of it that way, great point LIBERALS ARE PRO DEATH

Now that is a good one!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections