Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2008, 08:41 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,761,129 times

Advertisements

Looks like McCain has a LOT of arse kissing to do among his own kind!
Why McCain is worse than Obama
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2008, 08:58 PM

7,730 posts, read 14,157,105 times
It won't matter. The fiscal conservatives won't vote for either of these two. Maybe Bob Barr will get more support when people start to hear more about him.

Old 08-19-2008, 09:02 PM

280 posts, read 686,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Looks like McCain has a LOT of arse kissing to do among his own kind!
Why McCain is worse than Obama
One Reagonite who would not support Obama if Jesus himself told me too...well maybe if Jesus told me to, but thats it! I loved Reagans morals and no BS approach. I see teh no BS approach in McCain, morals not so much in either. Let me see who my favorite Reagan quotes would best suit...

Freedom prospers when religion is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged. McCain or Obama

I have wondered at times what the Ten Commandments would have looked like if Moses had run them through the US Congress. McCain or Obama(surely BO would have been hung up on all of the language being unconstitutional.

If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under. McCain or Obama

We are never defeated unless we give up on God. McCain or Obama

We might come closer to balancing the Budget if all of us lived closer to the Commandments and the Golden Rule. McCain or Obama

Within the covers of the Bible are all the answers for all the problems men face. McCain or Obama

Without God, democracy will not and cannot long endure.McCain or Obama

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.McCain or Obama (BO definitely does not get this concept.

Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.McCain or Obama

Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.McCain or Obama

Man is not free unless government is limited.McCain or Obama

Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.McCain or Obama

The problem is not that people are taxed too little, the problem is that government spends too much.McCain or Obama AMEN!!

There are no easy answers' but there are simple answers. We must have the courage to do what we know is morally right.McCain or Obama

We have the duty to protect the life of an unborn child.McCain or Obama

We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.McCain or Obama

Welfare's purpose should be to eliminate, as far as possible, the need for its own existence.McCain or Obama

Abortion is advocated only by persons who have themselves been born.McCain or Obama

If Reagan were on the ticket, even in his current state, I would vote for him. Now if you take all of teh Godly quotes above and replace "God" with "Obama" we would get a clear picture of his views.

Without Obama, democracy will not and cannot long endure
We are never defeated unless we give up on Obama
If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under Obama, then we will be a nation gone under
Freedom prospers when religion is vibrant and the rule of law under Obama is acknowledged

Old 08-19-2008, 09:02 PM

1,452 posts, read 3,191,553 times
I heard tonight on either CNN or MSNBC that at least 5 GOP senators have indicated they won't attend their party's presidential convention. The news anchor said they plan to campaign in their home states instead, likely distancing themselves from their party. I believe Susan Collins of Maine was one - didn't catch the others..

Old 08-19-2008, 09:28 PM

4,428 posts, read 4,481,719 times
Joseph Farah is saying that the best thing for America is for it to go in the toilet. And the best guy to get us there is Barack Obama. Once things get as bad as they can get ( under an Obama presidency ) then American's will say enough of this.

I think we should avoid the toilet Obama promises to flush us down. We should be strong. Morally, socially and militarily. I think that the markets should work themselves out. And they will, for a better economy.

A quote from the cited article:

"Don't get me wrong: I believe four years of Barack Obama will be terrible for America – in the short term. But the suffering we will experience as a result of his governance could prove to be very positive – in the long term. Why? For the same reason the Jimmy Carter years were terrible in the short term and positive in the long term."

Another quote:

"Obama's policies of taxing and spending and clamping down on freedom in health care and other areas will prove massively unpopular when Americans see them fail as these discredited ideas always do. Obama and the Democrats will try to blame past administrations for the problems, just as Jimmy Carter tried to do. They will try to blame the people, just as Jimmy Carter tried to do. But with Democrats running Congress and the White House, it will be easy for Americans to see who is to blame."

Joseph Farah's theory is just a theory. I believe that America can be as good as ever with hard work and a desire to improve. Rather than to elect Barack Obama, who would take us to the bottom, so the only other way for America would be up. We should spare the people from that.

I would like to thank KevK for pointing us to an article where, if the goal is to really put America in the crapper, Obama would be the one to do it.

Old 08-19-2008, 09:33 PM

280 posts, read 686,527 times
If McCain is Bush III than Obama is definitely Carter - the reincarnation! (or that kid from The Omen...take your pick)

Old 08-19-2008, 10:47 PM

5,032 posts, read 12,609,698 times
Talking McCain is frustrated & confused

From the home state of Reagan, the polling numbers are sad news for McCain since Obama leads by 26 points! in California

Old 08-19-2008, 11:39 PM

1,827 posts, read 2,588,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happ View Post
From the home state of Reagan, the polling numbers are sad news for McCain since Obama leads by 26 points! in California

You're kiddin us, the left coast is voting for Dumbo? Who would have ever thought it?

Old 08-19-2008, 11:54 PM

646 posts, read 1,639,533 times
It's over for McCain.

Old 08-20-2008, 12:30 AM

8,754 posts, read 10,167,831 times
Most conservatives will hold their nose and vote McCain because Republicans fall in line. His VP choice will make a big difference this time when usually it is not that big of deal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections