Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2008, 09:51 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,748,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Our job in this election is not just 'win,' although I'm a big believer in winning," Obama said during the rally. "I don't intend to lose this election. John McCain doesn't know what he's up against."
"He can talk all he wants about Britney (Spears) and Paris (Hilton), but I don't have time for that mess," Obama said.
His remarks carried forward a theme of feisty campaigning he debuted earlier in the day
Obama: McCain 'doesn't know what he's up against' - Yahoo! News (broken link)

Don't worry my fellow Obama supporters, daddy got this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2008, 10:03 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,383,703 times
Good for Obama, preparing to lay that pathetic old man and his sorry Republican party to rest. We have had 8 horrific years of their "mess."

Old 08-19-2008, 10:08 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,940,832 times
All I've seen is a bunch of whining and complaining recently from the obama camp.

McCain hasn't even begun to lay this fraud out.

Old 08-19-2008, 10:14 PM

4,428 posts, read 4,481,719 times
Blacknight04 and Alexus,

Obama didn't say anything in this article. Blah Blah Blah.

If you want to make talking points, you'd better find something better than this.

If this article is supposed to display Obama as a strong militay leader, it failed miserably.

Hail to your chief.

Old 08-19-2008, 10:24 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,999,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Obama: McCain 'doesn't know what he's up against' - Yahoo! News (broken link)

Don't worry my fellow Obama supporters, daddy got this.
the article says that he praised sen biden for supporting an "additional $1B for reconstruction projects in georgia". i sure hope that he's talking about "OUR" georgia, not the russian one. MOD CUT why do these politicians ALWAYS have to rushing to throw $$$ at these foreign countries? that $1B could be used to shore up our crumbling medicare/social security system.
i don't think that obama really has a chance in texas and he seems like just "more of the same", except that he probably wants to give MORE of my tax dollars away.
i think that it's important to consider the third party candidates this time around.

Last edited by wehotex; 08-19-2008 at 10:43 PM.. Reason: language

Old 08-19-2008, 10:36 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,216,682 times
Biden calls for $1 billion in emergency aid to Georgia

Fresh off a trip to the Republic of Georgia, Senate Foreign Relations Committee Chairman Joe Biden said he will ask for $1 billion in emergency aid for the war torn country.

Biden, who is rumored to be very high on Sen. Barack Obama’s list of running mates, met with Georgia's president and prime minister on the trip, further burnishing his foreign policy credentials ahead of Obama’s decision.

“I left the country convinced that Russia's invasion of Georgia may be the one of the most significant event to occur in Europe since the end of communism,” said Biden.

The Crypt: Biden calls for $1 billion in emergency aid to Georgia - Politico.com

Old 08-19-2008, 10:39 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,628,401 times
Is Obama running for president or dictator. I thought it interesting that he said he would not let anyone say he is not patriotic. Is he taking away our freedom of speech now? I don't think it is his job to be telling us what to say. People will think he loves America when he starts respecting American rights. If he wants to be though of as patriotic and wants us to think he loves America, maybe he should change his policies to ones that show this instead of having policies that would destroy our American way of life. Stop having policies that destroy family values. Strong families make a strong America. Just saying you are patriotic does not make one patriotic. Standing up for what is right for America makes a person patriotic, even if it is not popular with the masses.

Old 08-19-2008, 11:54 PM

2,215 posts, read 3,615,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
Biden calls for $1 billion in emergency aid to Georgia

Fresh off a trip to the Republic of Georgia, Senate Foreign Relations Committee Chairman Joe Biden said he will ask for $1 billion in emergency aid for the war torn country.

Biden, who is rumored to be very high on Sen. Barack Obama’s list of running mates, met with Georgia's president and prime minister on the trip, further burnishing his foreign policy credentials ahead of Obama’s decision.

“I left the country convinced that Russia's invasion of Georgia may be the one of the most significant event to occur in Europe since the end of communism,” said Biden.

The Crypt: Biden calls for $1 billion in emergency aid to Georgia - Politico.com

So where is the OP of the post about McCain wanting to start a war and the OP who started the thread that McCain had said almost the same thing as Biden???

Where are they now?

A tax and spend liberal wants to send money to Georgia but voted against giving our troops money for better equipment.

Gosh, when will the liberals see that we need a strong military leader and not some whiny little brat who cannot keep his own life in check.

McCain knows what he is up against and it doesn't bother him the least. He knows Obama is trying to buy this election but it doesnt matter to him.

McCain knows the people will finally realize that Obama is trouble waiting to happen. As days go by something new comes out about Obama that is not good news for him.

What Obama doesn't know is what he is up against. People who love our country for what it is and not what Obama wants it to be will be out voting in force to stop boy wonder from whatever his evil plans are.

Old 08-19-2008, 11:56 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,465,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post

McCain hasn't even begun to lay this fraud out.
I'm sure he will...somewhere between Matlock and the Golden Girls.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections