Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 02:54 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,447,523 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterBrownBiscuit View Post
I also think this is completely irrelevant as we don't know the backstory or the reasons why BO doesn't have a relationship w/his half-brother.

~ButterBrownBiscuit~
Because he isn't eligible to vote....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2008, 03:04 PM

1,300 posts, read 1,492,679 times
Sure, that's it. It couldn't possibly be because BO has only met him twice, or that his father left his mother to start another family in Africa.

~ButterBrownBiscuit~

Old 08-20-2008, 03:08 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,929,215 times
Quote:
or that his father left his mother to start another family in Africa.
It appears his father started more than one family. How many wives has this guy had?

Old 08-20-2008, 03:12 PM

I'm not sure how many wives BO's father had. But polygamy is common in some African countries, so I wouldn't be surprised if Obama Sr has multiple families.

~ButterBrownBiscuit~

Old 08-20-2008, 03:14 PM

2,935 posts, read 6,714,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterBrownBiscuit View Post
I also think this is completely irrelevant as we don't know the backstory or the reasons why BO doesn't have a relationship w/his half-brother.

~ButterBrownBiscuit~
And I don't have a relationship with any of the people who BO wants to send my tax money to. Yet I'm not given the choice in which way I feel would best help those who are less fortunate.

I think it's highly hypocritical to force others under threat of force to fund charitable giving when you yourself don't even help those closest to you.

Old 08-20-2008, 03:20 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,656,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twojciac View Post
And I don't have a relationship with any of the people who BO wants to send my tax money to. Yet I'm not given the choice in which way I feel would best help those who are less fortunate.

I think it's highly hypocritical to force others under threat of force to fund charitable giving when you yourself don't even help those closest to you.
He has met the guy twice. How exactly is that being close to him?

Old 08-20-2008, 03:26 PM

2,935 posts, read 6,714,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
He has met the guy twice. How exactly is that being close to him?
I don't know... perhaps sharing the same father qualifies as someone who you would typically wish to help, moreso than a stranger.

I found long lost relatives living in Montana about 10 years ago. I hopped on a plane and we had a family reunion a few months later. While we didn't know these people, we shared quite a bit of traits and experiences. While none of them were in dire need of help, especially where $5 a month could fund their education in order for them to better their skill set, I would have gladly helped them. But if you're not used to putting your money where your mouth is, I could see how that might not be an immediate reaction.

Perhaps Obama is hoping for change in his brother's life.... we'll see how that works out.

Old 08-20-2008, 03:27 PM

2,215 posts, read 3,614,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
It appears his father started more than one family. How many wives has this guy had?
BO's family history is a disaster if you take the time to dig into it.

His dad was a radical nut who was trying to overthrow a government ( Ohhh boy, like father like son?) who left his poor little wife to marry someone else without even getting a divorce.

Barry has been noted to be on the phone almost daily talking to someone in Kenya.

Barry wrote a book about his dad, memories of my father when he never met the guy and said in his own book, my dad was goat herder.... His dad was NEVER a goat herder.

Barry seems to have many long lost relatives like this, the problem with that is his own sister has stated that Barry grew up a Muslim and was proud of it and the media hid the entire story.

All you have to do is look into this mans background, family and friends and see he is up to no good.

Don't worry, it will come out in time and those who support him will have egg on their face.

Wake up Obamakins, he is NOT what you think he is.

Old 08-20-2008, 03:33 PM

None of us have the ability to determine how the government allocates our tax dollars. The best we can do is vote of the individuals whose platform is closest to what is in our best interests and political viewpoint.

That being said, social programs, such as welfare, make up approximately 1% of the overall budget. I happen to be more concerned about the other 99%.

~ButterBrownBiscuit~

Quote:

Old 08-20-2008, 03:38 PM

That's all well and fine, but we still don't know what is going on with Obama and his half brother. We don't know how many family members he has in Africa, what his relationship is with them, if he's previously offered them assistance, etc.

~ButterBrownBiscuit~

Quote:
I don't know... perhaps sharing the same father qualifies as someone who you would typically wish to help, moreso than a stranger.

I found long lost relatives living in Montana about 10 years ago. I hopped on a plane and we had a family reunion a few months later. While we didn't know these people, we shared quite a bit of traits and experiences. While none of them were in dire need of help, especially where $5 a month could fund their education in order for them to better their skill set, I would have gladly helped them. But if you're not used to putting your money where your mouth is, I could see how that might not be an immediate reaction.

Perhaps Obama is hoping for change in his brother's life.... we'll see how that works out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections