Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2008, 01:45 PM

3,326 posts, read 5,322,897 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Chick View Post
First, coming from the KOS I wouldn't trust the wording.

Second, this is the 4th thread on this since the slam dunk McCain gave Nobama.

Third, we are a volunteer army, I am sure when the time arises and we need more brave young men and women to protect us your will see a line of republicans willing to do so.

No President, NOT ONE can ever say they would not ever bring back the draft.

In the time of need, we just might need it. Nothing wrong with that at all.

If Clinton wouldn't have torn down our military like he did, we wouldn't have to start from scratch like Bush had to.

LMAO yes don't hold your breath Young Republicans fighting for America . Your just to funny. Rush Limbaugh funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1UYquKlfT0
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2008, 01:57 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,330,273 times
Joe Biden Feels a Draft - TalkLeft: The Politics Of Crime

democrats for fear?

Old 08-21-2008, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
The so called liberal msm will never report on this. The obama campaign should pounce on this but they won't, i wonder how they even think sometimes..idiots.

Mccain won't bring back the draft the Rep party isn't going to send their kids to war they prefer to send working class and poor .

It work's out better for the TYPICAL GOP chicken hawk .

Lets be realistic if they had the draft they would pull a Dick Cheney and get out of it.

GOP reserve's war for poor and working class . It's their "gift" to the non rich.

Old 08-21-2008, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
-------------

You should have written it as ------

" Democrats scare TYPICAL Reps by mentioning draft"

The son's of Dem's are fighting war's as is they aren't afraid .

Old 08-21-2008, 02:15 PM

I kinda resent that. If the need ever arose like in a world war..... I would gladly go die for your freedom will you still support me when we come back if the war didn't fit your exact definition?

*libertarian*

Last edited by BigJon3475; 08-21-2008 at 02:28 PM.. Reason: left out important info

Old 08-21-2008, 02:19 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,184,622 times
I personally think the draft should be in place
but I have never heard McCain say that he would, besides the president would have to have the approval of congress

Old 08-21-2008, 02:29 PM

Making people join something doesn't work.

Before making anyone join that way we should hike military salaries 100% (dramatic)

You need people that have a want to be there.

Old 08-21-2008, 02:37 PM

24,624 posts, read 19,039,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
McCain will reinstate the draft
And he'll have all the help he needs from the Democrats who have repeatedly introduced legislation for a draft over the last decade.

Old 08-21-2008, 02:37 PM

280 posts, read 683,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Making people join something doesn't work.

Before making anyone join that way we should hike military salaries 100% (dramatic)

You need people that have a want to be there.
I'll admit up front, haven't read every post in this thread. However, I do have to agree with you on the military salary increase. We always hear about teachers being underpaid, why don't we hear about the soldiers? They are literally shipped away from their families for somethimes years at a time. They are facing death, torture and mutilation often on a daily basis. They often get out with experience in shooting guns and driving tanks, not great on a resume. I think as a nation we should all be ashamed of how our soldiers are treated and paid. Whatever political party you side with the soldiers are protecting all of our butts so we can sit and argue on stupid political forums all day. Our priorities are interesting.

Old 08-21-2008, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseFullaBoys View Post
I'll admit up front, haven't read every post in this thread. However, I do have to agree with you on the military salary increase. We always hear about teachers being underpaid, why don't we hear about the soldiers? They are literally shipped away from their families for somethimes years at a time. They are facing death, torture and mutilation often on a daily basis. They often get out with experience in shooting guns and driving tanks, not great on a resume. I think as a nation we should all be ashamed of how our soldiers are treated and paid. Whatever political party you side with the soldiers are protecting all of our butts so we can sit and argue on stupid political forums all day. Our priorities are interesting.
Running all those expensive machines and programming/technical exp. is very valuable if approached and presented correctly. IMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections