Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2008, 02:34 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,207,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andthentherewere3 View Post
And I'm one of them.

I am another
what I heard in numbers, it is around 4 million of us that has brains
to use
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2008, 02:35 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,207,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xavierob82 View Post
In Kentucky?

Who cares if Hillary performed better amongst "Democrats" (I use that term loosely) in states like West Virginia, Arkansas, and Kentucky? Didn't Michael Dukakis win West Virginia in 1988?

She wouldn't have won those states anyway in a general election against McCain and Obama sure as hell isn't going to win them in November.

So again: who cares? We got Obama and I'm very pleased with him as our candidate, and would be even more pleased if he picks Evan Bayh as his running mate. He was far better than Hillary or John Edwards.

let's talk again when he picks her and then again when McCain wins!!

Old 08-21-2008, 02:36 PM

1,459 posts, read 3,298,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnestorr View Post
I'm sorry, are you still caught up in a time wrap or something? It's August 2008 not 2007. The primaries are over and the winner has been selected - by the people not the party!

wow , reading comprehension is not one of your top skills is it? I said you guys blew it....I didn't say stop vote for Hiliary before you blow it.

Old 08-21-2008, 02:42 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,397,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xavierob82 View Post
If Hillary were the nominee, this liberal Democrat would have voted for McCain. He's a pretty decent Republican, anyway.

I can't stand Hillary.

THIS (former as of June 2008) democrat is voting for McCain, but would have of course voted for Hillary (and worked to get her elected). I donated money and time to her campaign, but told Obama's people to go screw when they blew up my phone multiple times begging for "change."

After all, McCain is a pretty decent Republican, anyway.

I can't stand Obama, or his faithful.

Old 08-21-2008, 02:44 PM

835 posts, read 1,322,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
LA Times/Bloomberg Poll from the other day:
Well of course the LA Times they are not biased...

More signs of Sen. John McCain's new-found strength in national polls has come out in the last 24 hours. In addition to the Zogby poll released yesterday that showed McCain up by 5 among likely voters, another poll out later yesterday showed McCain up among likely voters. The Battleground poll of 1,000 likely voters taken August 10-14 by the Tarrance Group (R) and Lake Research Partner (D) for George Washington University shows McCain leading Obama 47%-46%.

From the WSJ:
The poll has other bits of good news for Sen. McCain and his party. For months, independent voters leaned Democratic on a number of measures. This month's survey found them more up for grabs.

With the announcement of an approved plan for the withdraw of US troops from Iraq today by Condi Rice what does Obama have left?
Nope can't drill, can't have nuclear, Boone's ideas sound good but nope can't run the wires to get the power from the windmills to your home and we are a generation away from oil independence. If it moves tax it, if it's a SBO or Capital Gains double tax it because that will help the economy...Barry went to the school of Marx as we all know. Keep on Dreaming Barry followers
USNews.com: Political Bulletin: Thursday, August 21, 2008

Old 08-21-2008, 02:54 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,397,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artifice View Post
Well of course the LA Times they are not biased...

More signs of Sen. John McCain's new-found strength in national polls has come out in the last 24 hours. In addition to the Zogby poll released yesterday that showed McCain up by 5 among likely voters, another poll out later yesterday showed McCain up among likely voters. The Battleground poll of 1,000 likely voters taken August 10-14 by the Tarrance Group (R) and Lake Research Partner (D) for George Washington University shows McCain leading Obama 47%-46%.

From the WSJ:
The poll has other bits of good news for Sen. McCain and his party. For months, independent voters leaned Democratic on a number of measures. This month's survey found them more up for grabs.

With the announcement of an approved plan for the withdraw of US troops from Iraq today by Condi Rice what does Obama have left?
Nope can't drill, can't have nuclear, Boone's ideas sound good but nope can't run the wires to get the power from the windmills to your home and we are a generation away from oil independence. If it moves tax it, if it's a SBO or Capital Gains double tax it because that will help the economy...Barry went to the school of Marx as we all know. Keep on Dreaming Barry followers
USNews.com: Political Bulletin: Thursday, August 21, 2008

I just feel sorry for Democrats who STILL think Obama is going to "remove the troops from Iraq."

They have absolutely ZERO reason to trust his word on this "promise."

Notable Obama flip flops:

Weapons of Mass Discussion: Collection of Obama Flip-Flops

AND the fact that his own foreign policy advisor has stated that Obama cannot be held to campaign promises vis-a-vis Iraq.

His position, at this point, that he will take direction on what to do about Iraq based on the conditions on the ground, is not fundamentally different than McCain's stance.

Old 08-21-2008, 03:10 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,937,590 times
Quote:
The primaries are over and the winner has been selected - by the people not the party!
You should brush up on your math skills. Obama does NOT have enough delegates for the nomination. The SD's put him over the top. In addition some of the SD's endorsed obama even though Hill&Bill won their particular state.

So, no. The voters did not elect him. He was selected. Sorry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections