Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 09:45 PM

3,301 posts, read 6,324,912 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorp200 View Post
Thanks Cap, I'll make sure not to write in Ayers.
You can write in William Ayers. Feel free to do so...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2008, 10:08 PM

1,316 posts, read 2,463,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
I'm bumping this because I would genuinely love to get an obamas supporters view on his friendship with ayers.
Please wake me up when we talk about something interesting. Ayes again? Please people. This news is older than Grampie McCain! You guys work your little hearts out though as you scrape for any spec of dirt on Obama. Maybe you guys can resurrect the Rev. Wright story again! You guys are funny.

Old 09-23-2008, 10:28 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,923,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Chick View Post
it is too important that Obama and him are very good friends and both have a purpose.
First of all, it's "Obama and he are very good friends."

Second, the link posted is about protests back in the 1960s when Obama was in grammar school.

Third, when did living in the same area and "very good friends" become synonymous.

Ayers went to Columbia / Obama went to Columbia. Ayers has always lived in Chicago / Obama has lived in Chicago for many years. So of course they've met, since they are both politically active.

There have been numerous threads on this subject. If Ayers was considered to be a "terrorist" or a danger to society, he wouldn't be teaching at the Univerity of Illinois or be considered a Distinguished Professor.

Old 09-24-2008, 01:48 AM

24,621 posts, read 19,152,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudCapMarine View Post
Everyday, I go against the federal government, how they treat disabled vets. But I'd never use violence against our government.
Then you'll never win.

You're obligated to exhaust all non-violent means, but once you do and have reached the end, then what?

Old 09-24-2008, 05:49 AM

11,338 posts, read 16,691,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
There's nothing "classy" about Cindy McCain. She donates to save on taxes. Don't you know anything about how rich people avoid paying taxes? And, btw, the word "classy" is low-class.
I guess she adopted a child from Bangladesh 20 years ago to save on taxes also?

Old 09-24-2008, 06:50 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,205,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j33 View Post
Given that they were never really close friends, I think nothing of it. Also, if you know anything about what Ayers had been doing since the 60's (mostly scholarship on urban education issues), you'd understand why they might find themselves occasionally in the same circles. Just because you live in the same neighborhood with someone, and work with them on a project here and there, does not mean you are close friends with that person.

While I do not excuse some of things he's done in the past. This is Ayers and most people deal with him now.

From his wiki

Ayers is currently a Distinguished Professor at the University of Illinois at Chicago, College of Education. His interests include teaching for social justice, urban educational reform, narrative and interpretive research, children in trouble with the law, and related issues.[24]

He began his career in primary education while an undergraduate, teaching at the Children’s Community School (CCS), a project founded by a group of students and based on the Summerhill method of education.[25] After leaving the underground, he earned an M.Ed from Bank Street College in Early Childhood Education (1984), an M.Ed from Teachers College, Columbia University in Early Childhood Education (1987) and an Ed.D from Columbia University in Curriculum and Instruction (1987).[24]

He has edited and written many books and articles on education theory, policy and practice, and has appeared on many panels and symposia.

check out what they were trying to do to young people
and then call them warm and fuzzy!
all you people that are so outraged at wall street, but are supporting Obama,
one day will be gnashing your teeth
it is the same thing:no accountability!

Old 09-24-2008, 09:30 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,923,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudCapMarine View Post
There is plenty of evidence on the internet about Bill Ayers and Barack Omama friendship and business connections.
Do you realize what you just said? I can also show you a photograph of Sarah Palin holding a rifle in a bikini that someone created.

What about the video made by a Black teenager claiming he was the father of Bristol Palin's baby?

How about that long list of books Palin banned in Wasilla? (She did want some books removed from the library, however.)

There are also thousands of emails I could list, but you get my point.

BTW, I don't know how anyone in the military can vote for John McCain. He has cut benefits and voted against many programs to help veterans since he's been in the Senate.

Old 09-24-2008, 09:34 AM

3,353 posts, read 4,962,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
check out what they were trying to do to young people
and then call them warm and fuzzy!
all you people that are so outraged at wall street, but are supporting Obama,
one day will be gnashing your teeth
it is the same thing:no accountability!
Why do you format all of your posts so they appear in verse?

Old 09-24-2008, 09:41 AM

4,105 posts, read 8,286,495 times
Wow, everyone who is considering voting for Bill Ayers should really evaluate what he stands for!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections