Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2008, 02:27 AM

2,080 posts, read 6,934,255 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob The Builder View Post
Wow. "Wrong, blunder, go make a sandwich." What wonderfully thought out replies.

Had an Obama Clinton ticket been adopted AND been able to succeed, I would have been very impressed by the true tolerance of American voters. Now all I see is the division and inability to cast the big tent.

These responses show the hatred. Like I said "division and inability to cast the big tent."
I would rather see some respect and inclusiveness at least within the Dem party itself.
If it was an Obama/Clinton ticket, I would still support the dem ticket. But its not. Hillary didn't impress Obama as a running mate. So get over it. It's an Obama/Biden ticket. It's not a setback. And don't worry, you'll hear your sweet Hillary at the Dem. Convention on Tues....after she makes my sandwich!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2008, 02:30 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,375,727 times
Default A setback for women?

Quote:
Hillary wasn't even on the short list.

Had an Obama Clinton ticket been adopted AND been able to succeed, I would have been very impressed by the true tolerance of American voters. Now all I see is the division and inability to cast the big tent.
Absolutely insane. Obama's candidacy is a triumph for women. Biden strengthens that. McCain, the cheating husband who left his crippled wife for a fake blonde bimbo, is an absolute disaster for all, including women. Get serious.

Mrs. Bill Clinton is nothing and was NEVER deserving of consideration for highest office in the land. Her crybaby supporters must get over themselves or stand aside.

Old 08-23-2008, 02:32 AM

1,845 posts, read 4,227,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brikag View Post
If it was an Obama/Clinton ticket, I would still support the dem ticket. But its not. Hillary didn't impress Obama as a running mate. So get over it. It's an Obama/Biden ticket. It's not a setback. And don't worry, you'll hear your sweet Hillary at the Dem. Convention on Tues....after she makes my sandwich!!!!
Do you really dislike her that much? Why the personal diss? Make your sandwich?

Old 08-23-2008, 02:38 AM

1,845 posts, read 4,227,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
Absolutely insane. Obama's candidacy is a triumph for women. Biden strengthens that. McCain, the cheating husband who left his crippled wife for a fake blonde bimbo, is an absolute disaster for all, including women. Get serious.

Mrs. Bill Clinton is nothing and was NEVER deserving of consideration for highest office in the land. Her crybaby supporters must get over themselves or stand aside.
It appears that some Obama supporters dislike Hillary much more than McCain supporters. How interesting.

Old 08-23-2008, 04:00 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,008,871 times
Quote:
It appears that some Obama supporters dislike Hillary much more than McCain supporters. How interesting.
This is why and how I came to realize an Obama/Clinton ticket would never work.
Bob, you live in Italy at the moment, right?
Maybe you haven't spent enough time in the States to get a feel for the Clinton fatigue.
You've got to understand, just as there are strong (and yes, rather bitter) Hillary supporters here, there is also an almost visceral hatred of Mrs. Clinton--on both sides of the political spectrum.

Old 08-23-2008, 04:40 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,439,375 times
Quote:

I have a hunch that Hillary will end up in an important post. Maybe a cabinet position or even a supreme court seat. What she accomplished in the primaries won't be overlooked and she's not about to fade into the background as the junior senator from NY.

Old 08-23-2008, 06:24 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,142,009 times
Quote:

No, but if the anti-choice-force-women-to-have-babies-McCain-thinks-women-are-C---! " Repubs get into office it will be a setback!

Old 08-23-2008, 06:27 AM

2,915 posts, read 3,514,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
No, but if the anti-choice-force-women-to-have-babies-McCain-thinks-women-are-C---! " Repubs get into office it will be a setback!
The typical bash by an uninformed poster using no logic!

Old 08-23-2008, 06:28 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,908,341 times
i think that obama's massive ego could not handle having hillary on the ticket with him, especially since she had won most of the later primaries....

Old 08-23-2008, 06:35 AM

3,413 posts, read 8,835,057 times
I'm a working single mother- am successful but have overcome many challenges in my life.

I have a hard time relating to Hilary Clinton- I would have loved to see a woman in the White House or in the VP seat but she's not like most of America. She's led a fairly privileged adult life. Never struggled financially, never was on her own.

Biden, on the other hand, faced the challenge of helping his two young sons recover from the untimely death of their mother and baby sister in an accident in which they were injured. This was during the time he was first elected to Senate and his boys were very young. He struggled with balancing career, family, and life. And he did that successfully. His sons have thrived. He has a very successful second marriage. He's far from "rich." He seems very fulfilled and knows what's really important.

I know politics are important- and Biden's experience in foreign policy is priceless. But for me, an attractive demographic (late 30s, middle class, middle of the road) I'm looking for someone who understands me, my concerns, my hopes, my challenges. Biden fits that bill and he appeals to me as a human being. That's much more important than politics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections