Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 06:34 AM

37,733 posts, read 40,776,995 times

Advertisements

Women need to stop acting like a victimized minority group. We're a majority, sisters - Start acting like one!

It caught my attention yesterday that Biden is good on crime. This interests me since no candidate talks about crime. I'd like to hear more about it. I'm hoping SOMEONE addresses crime at the conventions. Giuliani talked about it during the primaries but he could never make the leap from talking about big city crime to talking about crime in general. Theft-related crime, for example, is rampant in my suburban town. So, if Biden talks about crime, I'm listening.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2008, 06:36 AM

3,566 posts, read 3,718,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Some of these women just make me want to scream with their stupidity. I expect low class white males to be stupid and vote against themselves. They are very good at that. But women, you would think, would have the intelligence not to vote against themselves and their kids. A vote for McCain and the Republicans IS a vote against women and children. There is simply no other way to cut it. McCain is a womanizer, an adulterer and opposes abortion rights, women's rights, opposed the ERA, lied and cheated on his old wife, called his new wife names in public, opposes children's healthcare, opposes anything else for children.
So women have a choice to make and they had best choose wisely between President Obama who is 100% with them and Johnny Mac who is 100% against them.
Kev, you make women voters sound like all they're looking for in a president is someone to take care of them and their children. That's called a husband. So Obama is running to be Husband-in-Chief?

Old 08-24-2008, 06:54 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,064,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMe View Post
Kev, you make women voters sound like all they're looking for in a president is someone to take care of them and their children. That's called a husband. So Obama is running to be Husband-in-Chief?
Women, and every other American, want someone who protects their rights.

That is not a husband and it is definitely NOT McBush.

Old 08-24-2008, 12:07 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,589,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMe View Post
If anything Biden was a more ardent supporter of the Ira war than was Hillary. If her support of the war was a deal breaker for you you must have serious problems with Biden?

Sen. Biden stated without reservation that his vote for was a mistake.
He did this in 2005.
Senator Joe Biden Admits That Iraq War Vote Was a Mistake

I applaud people who admit their mistakes and learn from them.

Old 08-24-2008, 12:11 PM

1,845 posts, read 4,217,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Sen. Biden stated without reservation that his vote for was a mistake.
He did this in 2005.
Senator Joe Biden Admits That Iraq War Vote Was a Mistake

I applaud people who admit their mistakes and learn from them.
MR. RUSSERT: If there was a vote today, you would vote no?

SEN. BIDEN: I--with this president, absolutely I would vote no, based on the way in which they've handled it.

"without reservation?" Does this sound so certain. And conditional too.

The question was asked without reservation, but I don't think it was answered without reservation

Old 08-24-2008, 12:15 PM

350 posts, read 651,760 times
Identity politics is nonsense. As a male, I vote for whomever best represents my values and interests. Who cares what gender, race, religion they are.

Old 08-24-2008, 01:12 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,813,756 times
Biden is the guy who fought for free lawyers for women who are victims of Domestic violence. This in the past has been a huge problem for women who could not afford to get the legal help in domestic violence cases. How could anyone say that Biden is a setback for women?

Old 08-24-2008, 01:36 PM

195 posts, read 592,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brikag View Post
Biden is a great choice for womens rights! A setback for women......WHATEVER. Shortlist? She should be on the short bus!!!!!

Now hush and go make me a sandwich, Hillary!

We need Hillary just to flush out sexists like you.

Old 08-24-2008, 01:41 PM

31,672 posts, read 40,884,092 times
The National Organization for Women (NOW) web site
Barack Obama Chooses VAWA Champion as Running Mate; Hillary Clinton to be Nominated at Convention
Hillary Clinton was our first choice, and that of 18 million primary voters, but Barack Obama's pick, Joe Biden, is a friend of women and a strong selection for Vice President.

Not sure if this has been posted previously but I sorta think their opinion counts for more then any of ours.

Old 08-24-2008, 01:45 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,813,756 times
If Hillary Clinton had been a man, i doubt if she would even be remembered now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections