U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-24-2008, 11:33 AM

11,278 posts, read 9,738,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by motoracer51 View Post
Hope, change, and gov't freebies.
Someone told me that some political groups will pay people to vote. They will also bus people to the polls from housing projects.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2008, 01:52 PM

23,919 posts, read 20,059,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splinter View Post
The latest polls show that over 90% of African Americans support Obama. Some of that 90% must be Christians...I just want to know how they justify voting for a pro choice candidate???
Hmmmm because pro life is not synonomous with Christianity. Ya know there is a divergent tolerance of thought within Christianity. Am I to assume that under President McCain there will be education camps for Christians who are Pro-Life? Wow of wow spread the word the right will put you in a Christian Education Camp if you are Pro-Choice.

Old 08-24-2008, 08:29 PM

716 posts, read 1,129,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Hmmmm because pro life is not synonomous with Christianity. Ya know there is a divergent tolerance of thought within Christianity. Am I to assume that under President McCain there will be education camps for Christians who are Pro-Life? Wow of wow spread the word the right will put you in a Christian Education Camp if you are Pro-Choice.
What???

Old 08-24-2008, 08:37 PM

3,309 posts, read 3,671,771 times
I think his race overrides his political views to most African Americans. It did in the primaries as well. Besides, I am sure all those "black" preachers at the church have been praising Obama since the day he entered the race despite him not being pro life. Its because he is a black candidate. Not a hard thing to figure out.

Old 08-28-2008, 03:46 PM

716 posts, read 1,129,554 times
Today's Wall Street Journal said that the overhelming majority of the African-American Christians voted Republican in 2004.

Why, then, will 90% of them vote Democrat in 2008? Admit it or not (only 1/3 did admit it in today's Journal)...but Black voters are voting Obama almost entirely b/c he is Black.

Great reason to vote for someone guys!

Old 08-28-2008, 04:29 PM

7,020 posts, read 7,169,522 times
Quote:
Today's Wall Street Journal said that the overhelming majority of the African-American Christians voted Republican in 2004.

Why, then, will 90% of them vote Democrat in 2008? Admit it or not (only 1/3 did admit it in today's Journal)...but Black voters are voting Obama almost entirely b/c he is Black.

I am a black christian and I don't know who the WSJ polled but I find that very hard to believe. First and foremost the majority of black people traditionally vote Democrat. Al Gore was an extension of Bill Clinton who is dearly revered by the majority of black voters. Thus, it would make more sense for them to vote for Al Gore or anybody else running except Bush.

As for Obama, the majority of those voting for him are young white people and blacks. Neither population seems to care about the issues, they simply want to be on the bandwagon of potentially voting the first black president into office.

Since both are OBL, I refuse to vote for either of the MSM choices.

Old 08-28-2008, 04:36 PM

1,150 posts, read 808,449 times
How is it possible that "an overwhelming majority" of black Christians voted Republican in 2004, when Kerry received somewhere between 88-90% of the black vote?

Who is the WSJ counting as a "black Christian?"

~ButterBrownBiscuit~

Old 08-28-2008, 04:42 PM

115 posts, read 211,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
I am a black christian and I don't know who the WSJ polled but I find that very hard to believe. First and foremost the majority of black people traditionally vote Democrat. Al Gore was an extension of Bill Clinton who is dearly revered by the majority of black voters. Thus, it would make more sense for them to vote for Al Gore or anybody else running except Bush.

As for Obama, the majority of those voting for him are young white people and blacks. Neither population seems to care about the issues, they simply want to be on the bandwagon of potentially voting the first black president into office.

Since both are OBL, I refuse to vote for either of the MSM choices.
I have to say that it really concerns me that a man like Bill Clinton- can't keep his pants up and is married to power hungry HITLERY- is revered by the black people of this country. He lacks morals and all positive values. Obama is not black or white. He certainly does not experience what the majority of people experience everyday-white or black. He makes $4million a year. Give me a break.

Old 08-28-2008, 04:57 PM
LML

7,090 posts, read 5,433,546 times
Quote:

Well, first of all, the Wall Street Journal is now owned by Rupert Murdoch, the same joker that owns Fox News so I don't believe ANYTHING that is now written in it.....very few still do. Secondly, I'm white and my kids and my brother and sister in law, and my nephew and his wife, are all white and we are all voting for Obama. I'd say about 70% of the white folks I know are voting for Obama. So I guess it isn't "just a black thing."

Old 08-28-2008, 05:19 PM

3,609 posts, read 6,648,591 times
Quote:
If the Journal printed that, they are simply wrong.

Can you give us a link? I could not find that factoid in today's journal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections