Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2008, 12:02 PM

956 posts, read 1,234,464 times

Advertisements

I have to be honest. I'm thrilled. I hoped for it, but I thought it was just too much to hope for.

Joe Biden would be honored to run with John McCain and we know he has praised and respects John McCain.

Biden just can't keep his mouth shut to save his soul. Let's look back and learn how he really feels:

Jim Geraghty on Joe Biden vs. Barack Obama on National Review Online
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2008, 12:07 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,746,166 times
You will be VERY disappointed this november.

Old 08-23-2008, 12:09 PM

2,935 posts, read 6,714,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
You will be VERY disappointed this november.
America will be disappointed in November... one of the two clowns of the two major parties will win.

Old 08-23-2008, 12:35 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,593,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McMolly View Post
I have to be honest. I'm thrilled. I hoped for it, but I thought it was just too much to hope for.

Joe Biden would be honored to run with John McCain and we know he has praised and respects John McCain.

Biden just can't keep his mouth shut to save his soul. Let's look back and learn how he really feels:

Wow! This is amazing. In classic form, the GOP defends it's position by attempting to pit the Senator's who are working together against each other, while appealing to a very small group who doesn't want to understand the issues in this election. This is laughable because the Senator's working together, will be attacking together, the issues the voters want to hear about, and pointedly getting their message across.

Let's get this straight - Senator Biden said he loves the guy, respects him, and...well read it yourself.

"The administration's policy and John McCain's view-- and I love him--are abject failures. We have never been weaker in relative terms than we are today," Biden said of their foreign policies.

Great strategy, keep taking those punches.

I can see the interview now -
Q: Senator Biden you said Senator Obama isn't ready to lead.
A: John McCain's foreign policy view is an abject failure and being a POW doesn't qualify him to be Commander in Chief.

Old 08-23-2008, 01:04 PM

2,265 posts, read 3,731,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Wow! This is amazing. In classic form, the GOP defends it's position by attempting to pit the Senator's who are working together against each other, while appealing to a very small group who doesn't want to understand the issues in this election. This is laughable because the Senator's working together, will be attacking together, the issues the voters want to hear about, and pointedly getting their message across.

Let's get this straight - Senator Biden said he loves the guy, respects him, and...well read it yourself.

"The administration's policy and John McCain's view-- and I love him--are abject failures. We have never been weaker in relative terms than we are today," Biden said of their foreign policies.

Great strategy, keep taking those punches.

I can see the interview now -
Q: Senator Biden you said Senator Obama isn't ready to lead.
A: John McCain's foreign policy view is an abject failure and being a POW doesn't qualify him to be Commander in Chief.
McCain would be qualified to be Commander in Chief if he was a community organizer like Obama. Bake sale for peace.

Old 08-23-2008, 01:11 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,391,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paullySC View Post
McCain would be qualified to be Commander in Chief if he was a community organizer like Obama. Bake sale for peace.

Bonus points if he had eschewed "high paying Wall Street jobs" to register people to vote on the South Side of Chicago and position himself for a career in politics instead.

So benevolent and altruistic that BO is! Add that to his years spent as a kid in Indonesia and the fact that his grandma lives in a village with no electricity and no water, and he's like, the most qualified guy for Commander in Chief since George Bush!

Old 08-23-2008, 01:57 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,142,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McMolly View Post

You WILL love Biden running...you'll be able to take any teeny tiny slip of the tongue foot in mouth moment and have fun! Biden is good for those things. You will be able to deflect from real issues probably quite often! Too bad intelligent people know what Biden is really all about and his passion and outspokeness is what I like.....better get used to it

!!!!!!Let it Rip Joe!!!!

Old 08-23-2008, 05:50 PM

2,662 posts, read 3,827,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
. . . We have never been weaker in relative terms than we are today," Biden said of their foreign policies.
If he said this he's perfect for the team. It's as a moronic statement, utterly unsupported by the most basic of world events, as any Obama has uttered.

History will continue to change and powers ebb and flow but the US has never, ever been as relatively strong as it has been over the past 25 years -- since the Reagan presidency.

Old 08-23-2008, 07:23 PM

956 posts, read 1,234,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
You WILL love Biden running...you'll be able to take any teeny tiny slip of the tongue foot in mouth moment and have fun! Biden is good for those things. You will be able to deflect from real issues probably quite often! Too bad intelligent people know what Biden is really all about and his passion and outspokeness is what I like.....better get used to it..................
Let me ask .... why is it that Biden has tried again and again to be the Democratic Presidential nominee and just hasn't succeeded? Is this because of his amazing intelligence? His remarkable passion and outspokeness? Or could it be that the Democrats just haven't been able to muzzle him and he just keeps stepping in it?

It's on very real issues that Biden constantly misspeaks. They are not "teeny tiny" slips! He is the epitome of foot in mouth!

Yes, I'm delighted Obama chose Biden. Except it's almost too easy.

Old 08-23-2008, 07:27 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,929,215 times
That's a good point. How well has he done running for president all these years? Not very well, including this year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections