U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 06:02 PM

1,964 posts, read 1,632,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Chick View Post
And I am getting tired of hearing how both Barry and Michael were poor blacks who struggled to get where they are at too.

Neither were poor, neither ever knew what is was like to struggle and neither have done anything for our country other then talk it down.

When they do something for our country, please let me know.

But you will hear Micheal use the I was a poor black girl growing up and met a poor 1/2 black 1/2 white man who fell in love crap tonight when the "I hate America Queen" speaks.
Who's this Michael person you keep referring to?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2008, 07:17 PM

15,971 posts, read 25,451,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
I still dont get why it is a big deal that he has 7 houses or doesnt know how many.

Actually I have more houses than that (rental properties) sometimes I have to think how many when someone asks...

Old 08-25-2008, 07:19 PM

15,971 posts, read 25,451,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Remember but the McCain fundraiser from Texas said about Ann Richards years ago on the topic of rape.
That was not a McCain fundraiser - that was for the Aggie Clayton Williams who was running for Texas governor against Ann. That must have been 20 years ago.

Old 08-25-2008, 07:53 PM

658 posts, read 1,195,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocexpo View Post
The Democrats style is just to cheat on them I guess.

Must i bring up Edwards and Clinton?
What about David Vitar, Larry Craig, Rudy Giuliani or Newt Gingrich?
Honestly, regardless of political parties; politicians will philander.

Old 08-25-2008, 07:59 PM

646 posts, read 1,114,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrippingJay View Post
What about David Vitar, Larry Craig, Rudy Giuliani or Newt Gingrich?
Honestly, regardless of political parties; politicians will philander.

But seriously, the majority of sex scandals and fraud and corruption are on the right. Its sad but true.

Old 08-25-2008, 08:00 PM

2,787 posts, read 1,620,368 times
In the long run the real question is:

Why was this question asked of McCain? It has nothing to do with the issues.
Just as the number of houses Obama has OR how he got it isn't the issue. What is the issue is how will these men run our great nation.

Leave the spouses out of it. Leave their gaffes (Michelle) and their money (Cindy) out of it. Leave their half brothers and half sisters and parents out of it.

Yes, we are all products of our upbringing and how we lived our lives and who we associated with in our pasts. BUT, the real issue is who we are right now, at this moment and where we go from here.

Old 08-25-2008, 08:03 PM

2,665 posts, read 2,294,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
. . . . As the Bible says..... " Let he without Sin, Cast the first Stone" Any Offers?
I'm not making $4 mil + a year while my younger brother lives in a hut on a dollar a day. . . I've also seen my younger brother more than 2x an adult.

But there's Hope. Hope that Obama will treat us better than his own flesh and blood. Yes he can.

Old 08-25-2008, 08:23 PM

7,405 posts, read 5,625,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
Actually I have more houses than that (rental properties) sometimes I have to think how many when someone asks...
my point exactly!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections