Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 09:05 PM

646 posts, read 1,639,158 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalmom101 View Post
That's funny, I don't even live in California

If he is representative of the people supporting McCain, then the Republicans are in big trouble.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2008, 09:05 PM

1,599 posts, read 3,116,449 times
Quote:
Hey I am conservative, I am not a democrat, have never been a democrat, and I am voting for Obama. I am also very intelligent, at least compared to others. The assumption that those voting for Obama or against McCain are democrats is unfounded.
Please enlighten us-

What conservative values does Obama embrace?

Old 08-24-2008, 09:08 PM

2,779 posts, read 7,520,371 times

YouTube - "Is America Ready?" by Roy Zimmerman

Old 08-24-2008, 09:11 PM

646 posts, read 1,639,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motoracer51 View Post
Please enlighten us-

What conservative values does Obama embrace?

He does not support gay marriage.

He is in support of many faith based initiatives and charities, etc.

He supports the free market.

What more do you want?

Old 08-24-2008, 09:12 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,375,727 times
Quote:
I think it is a great time to be a conservative. Intelligent conservatives are supporting Obama-Biden, and are no doubt grateful for the option.

Define "intelligent conservative."

Old 08-24-2008, 09:13 PM

1,793 posts, read 1,451,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocexpo View Post
Whatever you say. It must be great being a typical "know it all" democrat.
I'm atypical actually but I still think "it must suck to be conservative these days".

Old 08-24-2008, 09:19 PM

1,961 posts, read 6,921,728 times
Having some liberal views (more funding for our education and roads, environment, and alternative energy) and some conservative ones (mainly with fiscal issues-balanced budget a MUST, having government run more efficiently with less of that wierd red tape), I have been jaded with conservative politics over the past several years (with gross mismanagement, contradictions, and hyporcacies) and think that Obama-Biden ticket will be better than the current administration and McCain and his unnamed VP pick (the McCain ticket worries me for several reasons-McCain is too hotheaded and is just as much if not more flawed and a flip-flopper as Obama). Obama has vision and charisma and Biden has foriegn policy and legislative experience, both will do well as a team. It will be a breath of fresh air after eight years of confusion.

I agree with the traditional conservatives on the balanced budget and government efficiency issues, but disagree on how it is done. I honestly believe that the conservatives have been going through an identity crisis in the past year or so and will have yet to define themselves. I notice that with McCain and the Republicans slamming Obama and not addressing their ideas (flip flop of when Democrats slamming Bush in 2004 and not offering a clear alternative).

Old 08-24-2008, 09:20 PM

6,884 posts, read 20,399,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
And I totally understand why conservatives feel royally ****ed, with Gramps McSame as your standard bearer.

But what I think is REALLY upsetting conservatives is the fact they KNOW Obama is a sound candidate, a very smart man and perfect for this country as well as being too stubborn to admit their other candidate of choice, George W. Bush, is a blithering idiot.

Yes, it sucks to be a conservative these days, the realization you supported a moron and are supposed to support an old geezer who should be passing out tiny flags at nursing homes before his stump speeches.

To all my conservative friends on the forum, here is some friendly advice: Just shut up and vote Obama '08, you'll feel better inside knowing you got it right for once in your voting life.

Now this is comedy. Obama a sound candidate! I about spit my drink out. Fabulous material!!

Old 08-24-2008, 09:21 PM

5,032 posts, read 12,606,184 times
Thumbs down "Republican brand . . . nasty dog food"

Here in California, Republicans hide their identity for fear of losing friends\job\getting dog poop on their car door handles [the usual response for traitors to America

Old 08-24-2008, 09:22 PM

2,779 posts, read 7,520,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
Define "intelligent conservative."
I'm right here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections