Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are Americans experiencing "Obama fatigue"?
Yes 7 53.85%
No 6 46.15%
Not sure 0 0%
No opinion 0 0%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 01:06 AM

3,309 posts, read 5,700,539 times

Advertisements

With Obama on the news 24-7, the man seems to be one person most of America cant escape from. For almost 9 months, we have eaten and slept with the sound of Obama. His name is everywhere, and if you arent watching the news, you are driving around seeing his bumper stickers or hearing people talk about him.

I am wondering if the media is creating a scenario that will actually kill the candidacy of Obama.

So, do you think Americans are experiencing "Obama fatigue" which would explain the sagging poll numbers?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2008, 01:09 AM

11,431 posts, read 18,993,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocexpo View Post
With Obama on the news 24-7, the man seems to be one person most of America cant escape from. For almost 9 months, we have eaten and slept with the sound of Obama. His name is everywhere, and if you arent watching the news, you are driving around seeing his bumper stickers or hearing people talk about him.

I am wondering if the media is creating a scenario that will actually kill the candidacy of Obama.

So, do you think Americans are experiencing "Obama fatigue" which would explain the sagging poll numbers?

no. i think that we have been sidetracked by the olympics all week. now with the dnc underway and the rnc the following week, more ppl will start to pay attention. i predict that the closer we get to november, the more that ppl will associate mccain with bush, the worst american president in history.

Old 08-25-2008, 01:10 AM

3,309 posts, read 5,700,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
no. i think that we have been sidetracked by the olympics all week. now with the dnc underway and the rnc the following week, more ppl will start to pay attention. i predict that the closer we get to november, the more that ppl will associate mccain with bush, the worst american president in history.
OK. Well, I have Obama fatigue and we havent even hit September yet.

Old 08-25-2008, 01:27 AM

24,508 posts, read 33,295,278 times
Quote:
Hey, this thread isn't about Jimmy Carter!

Old 08-25-2008, 01:51 AM

5,032 posts, read 12,606,184 times
Talking Republicans are bummed out big time

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocexpo View Post

Hey, get used to it sister because Obama will be in the White House until 2016 [right on But, of-course as an extreme minority in California you must be used to it by now since nobody you vote for ever wins, right? [must be a real bummer, huh?

Old 08-25-2008, 01:55 AM

1,966 posts, read 2,702,422 times
Quote:
Good post. I agree.

According to Rasmussen, his numbers are already increasing again.

Rasmussen Reports™: The most comprehensive public opinion coverage ever provided for a presidential election. (http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/election_20082/2008_presidential_election/daily_presidential_tracking_poll - broken link)

As of Sunday, he's leading the Rasmussen poll again (Washington Post also has Obama leading, Quinnipiac and Gallup have both candidates in a dead heat). Maybe it's due to the Olympics ending, maybe it's due to the convention starting, maybe it's both, maybe it's neither. Regardless, if you want to look at poll numbers (which, obviously, are not the be-all end-all), we are currently seeing Obama excitement, not fatigue, as evidenced by the recent upswing in his poll numbers.

Seems to me that many of the people who are feeling fatigued by all the attention on Obama are people who don't like him to begin with, and wouldn't vote for him anyway.

Old 08-25-2008, 01:58 AM

1,020 posts, read 2,753,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Hey, this thread isn't about Jimmy Carter!
Or FDR...

Old 08-25-2008, 02:29 AM

24,508 posts, read 33,295,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Widowmaker2k View Post
Or FDR...
Yeah, can you imagine the uproar is Bush forced 110,000 Americans of Japanese descent into internment camps! (Or in today's case, Americans of Iraqi descent.) The liberals complain enough as it is when overseas phone calls are tapped (which is legal, btw).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections