Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 05:01 PM

2,215 posts, read 3,614,478 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queens2QueenCity View Post
Oh really.Why dont you read some of the lovely comments that came from McCain's "spiritual advisor's" Pastor Hagee McCain Backer Hagee Said Hitler Was Fulfilling God's Will (AUDIO), a man McCain sought the endorsement from. Or how about Pastor Parsley ABC News: McCain Pastor: Islam Is a 'Conspiracy of Spiritual Evil' McCain knows full well not to touch this issue.

There is a huge difference between attending, donating and being a member of a church then what your talking about.

There is NO comparison.

And Rod Parsley is a super person who has one of the largest churches you will ever see. What is wrong is saying that about Islam anyway?

Go ahead and try to hijack the thread with your childish comparsions, Obama was there and you know it and lied.

That is the topic, Obama lied to us all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2008, 05:16 PM

479 posts, read 879,146 times
With every post you morph more into a right-wing radical. And you wonder why their extremist hate America. You are no better then they are and now I am positive you were never a Hillary supporter.

Why is there no comparison,you condemn Wright and defend Parsley. These are(were) McCain's spiritual advisor's so he must agree with their statements and beliefs, right?BTW provide evidence that Obama was sitting in that church that day or you lose credibility.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Chick View Post
There is a huge difference between attending, donating and being a member of a church then what your talking about.

There is NO comparison.

And Rod Parsley is a super person who has one of the largest churches you will ever see. What is wrong is saying that about Islam anyway?

Go ahead and try to hijack the thread with your childish comparsions, Obama was there and you know it and lied.

That is the topic, Obama lied to us all.

Old 08-25-2008, 05:29 PM

27,213 posts, read 46,724,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Chick View Post
This story is getting legs again because someone leaked out that Obama was in fact at that GD America sermon of Rev Wright.

Obama has said he was not in attendance that day because he was in Miami, but the same source is saying he didn't leave Chicago for Miami until late in the day.

So, did Obama attend this sermon then? Does anyone have an proof that he did not?

Obama has also been quoted that he would never miss one of his mentors sermons.

So if he was there then he lied, if he wasnt I sure would like see the proof he was not.
So Obama knew upfront what the sermon was going to be....and than didn't show up.....we saw enough images from different sermons with the same hate message.

Old 08-26-2008, 10:04 AM

1,555 posts, read 1,978,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocexpo View Post
If you dont think what Wright was saying wasnt wrong or extremist, you are very sad my friend.

Had a white pastor talked like that, he would have been arrested.
.................................................. ............................................
No, I'm not sad, I think you just may be a fool.
The way in which Wright made those comments - the tone even - was inflammatory. I just found a partial transcript of his sermon and re-read it, and WHAT did he say that wasn't true? Was it politically incorrect? Sure! But so what? I think his sermon comes down to the idea of America taking responsibility for OUR actions. Taking responsibility for the fact that we have been hurtful to other people/nations and we have to stop pretending that our record is lily-white and blameless. We talk about these other nations and the horrible things they do (and that is true!) but it's very hypocritical of us to ignore the wrong we've done. There is nothing wrong with heing honest about that. Karma's a *****.
[LEFT]“We took this country by terror away from the Sioux, the Apache, Arikara, the Comanche, the Arapaho, the Navajo. Terrorism.
“We took Africans away from their country to build our way of ease and kept them enslaved and living in fear. Terrorism.
“We bombed Grenada and killed innocent civilians, babies, non-military personnel.
“We bombed the black civilian community of Panama with stealth bombers and killed unarmed teenage and toddlers, pregnant mothers and hard working fathers.
“We bombed Qaddafi’s home, and killed his child. Blessed are they who bash your children’s head against the rock.
“We bombed Iraq. We killed unarmed civilians trying to make a living. We bombed a plant in Sudan to pay back for the attack on our embassy, killed hundreds of hard working people, mothers and fathers who left home to go that day not knowing that they’d never get back home.
“We bombed Hiroshima. We bombed Nagasaki, and we nuked far more than the thousands in New York and the Pentagon and we never batted an eye.
“Kids playing in the playground. Mothers picking up children after school. Civilians, not soldiers, people just trying to make it day by day.
“We have supported state terrorism against the Palestinians and black South Africans, and now we are indignant because the stuff that we have done overseas is now brought right back into our own front yards. America’s chickens are coming home to roost.
“Violence begets violence. Hatred begets hatred. And terrorism begets terrorism. A white ambassador said that y’all, not a black militant. Not a reverend who preaches about racism. An ambassador whose eyes are wide open and who is trying to get us to wake up and move away from this dangerous precipice upon which we are now poised. The ambassador said the people we have wounded don’t have the military capability we have. But they do have individuals who are willing to die and take thousands with them. And we need to come to grips with that.â€
Full Transcript of Wright's Controversal Sermon - City Hall - Election 2008 - Comcast.net Community Forums[/LEFT]

Old 08-26-2008, 10:13 AM

472 posts, read 872,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocexpo View Post
McCain can make a totally killer commercial about all of Obama's extremist ties. I wish McCain would make that commercial soon.

Why would a commercial like that scare me out of voting for Obama? It's McCain's ties to Washington and his ever changing stance that I fear more.

Old 08-26-2008, 10:19 AM

1,300 posts, read 1,492,679 times
Thank you for posting these comments KLD. I always find it interesting when people throw out the accusation that Rev. Wright is racist or that he hates America, yet they cannot refute his actual comments. Sure, much of what he says is politically incorrect, but it certainly is not inaccurate. Additionally, Pastors Hagee and Parsley have made remarks that are just as incendiary and they have been given a free pass. This whole situation just smacks of hypocracy and stupidity.

~ButterBrownBiscuit~

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLDanford View Post
.................................................. ............................................
No, I'm not sad, I think you just may be a fool.
The way in which Wright made those comments - the tone even - was inflammatory. I just found a partial transcript of his sermon and re-read it, and WHAT did he say that wasn't true? Was it politically incorrect? Sure! But so what? I think his sermon comes down to the idea of America taking responsibility for OUR actions. Taking responsibility for the fact that we have been hurtful to other people/nations and we have to stop pretending that our record is lily-white and blameless. We talk about these other nations and the horrible things they do (and that is true!) but it's very hypocritical of us to ignore the wrong we've done. There is nothing wrong with heing honest about that. Karma's a *****.
[LEFT]“We took this country by terror away from the Sioux, the Apache, Arikara, the Comanche, the Arapaho, the Navajo. Terrorism.
“We took Africans away from their country to build our way of ease and kept them enslaved and living in fear. Terrorism.
“We bombed Grenada and killed innocent civilians, babies, non-military personnel.
“We bombed the black civilian community of Panama with stealth bombers and killed unarmed teenage and toddlers, pregnant mothers and hard working fathers.
“We bombed Qaddafi’s home, and killed his child. Blessed are they who bash your children’s head against the rock.
“We bombed Iraq. We killed unarmed civilians trying to make a living. We bombed a plant in Sudan to pay back for the attack on our embassy, killed hundreds of hard working people, mothers and fathers who left home to go that day not knowing that they’d never get back home.
“We bombed Hiroshima. We bombed Nagasaki, and we nuked far more than the thousands in New York and the Pentagon and we never batted an eye.
“Kids playing in the playground. Mothers picking up children after school. Civilians, not soldiers, people just trying to make it day by day.
“We have supported state terrorism against the Palestinians and black South Africans, and now we are indignant because the stuff that we have done overseas is now brought right back into our own front yards. America’s chickens are coming home to roost.
“Violence begets violence. Hatred begets hatred. And terrorism begets terrorism. A white ambassador said that y’all, not a black militant. Not a reverend who preaches about racism. An ambassador whose eyes are wide open and who is trying to get us to wake up and move away from this dangerous precipice upon which we are now poised. The ambassador said the people we have wounded don’t have the military capability we have. But they do have individuals who are willing to die and take thousands with them. And we need to come to grips with that.â€
Full Transcript of Wright's Controversal Sermon - City Hall - Election 2008 - Comcast.net Community Forums[/LEFT]

Old 08-26-2008, 10:39 AM

1,827 posts, read 2,588,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterBrownBiscuit View Post
Thank you for posting these comments KLD. I always find it interesting when people throw out the accusation that Rev. Wright is racist or that he hates America, yet they cannot refute his actual comments.

~ButterBrownBiscuit~

You don't think ANYONE who associated with Louie Farakook isn't racist? Id say ANYONE who associates with David Duke is, why can't you be honest enough to admit he's a bigot? Birds of a feather?

Old 08-26-2008, 10:41 AM

1,827 posts, read 2,588,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMiiorHateMii View Post
that sunny is funny!
So was Ronnie White's demise.

Old 08-26-2008, 10:46 AM

[quote=Sunshine Chick;4993882]There is a huge difference between attending, donating and being a member of a church then what your talking about.

There is NO comparison.

quote]

Okay. The above post should prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that Sunshine Chick has no idea what she is talking about. You ask WHAT IS WRONG with saying that Islam is Islam Is a 'Conspiracy of Spiritual Evil'?????
For the 50th ****ing time, YOU CANNOT say that all of Islam is Evil because of the actions of a VERY Few radical Muslims. That is absolutely moronic and offensive.

And secondly, you're attempting to argue that giving money to and attending a church is different than being a "member"???? Ohh oh wait - shhh be very quiet - I think I can hear somebody splitting a hair...

Old 08-26-2008, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingsOfGold View Post
You don't think ANYONE who associated with Louie Farakook isn't racist? Id say ANYONE who associates with David Duke is, why can't you be honest enough to admit he's a bigot? Birds of a feather?
I don't know Reverend Wright personally. Presumably, neither do you. Who is to judge whether a person you don't even know is racist? Anyway, back to the subject - he TOPIC we were specifically discussing, was his contreversial sermon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections