Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2008, 07:25 PM

27,213 posts, read 46,724,071 times

Advertisements

Why does it matter how many homes McCain has, while this wasn't questioned by anyone when Kerry run for president or Al Gore, and how many private planes they use and waste gas for only their convenience while telling others to use less.

Sean Hannity just brought this up and I never thought about it, and he is absolutely right.

What matters is that Obama used $ 14 million of tax payers money to give to Rezko and get him self land for less money....that is what matters.

Isn't it the American dream to buy a home and if you can another and live a better life, so why shouldn't John McCain who had suffered so much as a POA, not be allowed to have more homes? He has served this country for a very long time in the army as well in public service!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2008, 07:32 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,428,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Why does it matter how many homes McCain has, while this wasn't questioned by anyone when Kerry run for president or Al Gore, and how many private planes they use and waste gas for only their convenience while telling others to use less.

Sean Hannity just brought this up and I never thought about it, and he is absolutely right.

What matters is that Obama used $ 14 million of tax payers money to give to Rezko and get him self land for less money....that is what matters.

Isn't it the American dream to buy a home and if you can another and live a better life, so why shouldn't John McCain who had suffered so much as a POA, not be allowed to have more homes? He has served this country for a very long time in the army as well in public service!!!!

Newsflash: It's 2008. Are Kerry and Gore running? Have we gone back in time? Face it, McCain and the heiress are elitists and out of touch with the American people.

Old 08-25-2008, 07:37 PM

1,827 posts, read 2,588,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Newsflash: It's 2008. Are Kerry and Gore running? Have we gone back in time? Face it, McCain and the heiress are elitists and out of touch with the American people.

And you're still jealous, the more things change the more they remain the same.

Old 08-25-2008, 07:37 PM

658 posts, read 1,784,970 times
Oh please. Just because McCain is POW does not entail him to ANYTHING. The point is McCain is attempting to portray Obama as an elitist while he cannot even remember how many properties he owns.

Senator McCain, I'd like you to meet kettle.

Old 08-25-2008, 07:40 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,929,215 times
The kook-left seems to think this is somehow their "game changer". All the obama surrogates say the same tired lines about McCain's houses and I'm sure the many speakers at the convention will be using this as well.

I guess they don't understand what that really says about themselves. I'm sure many of those wealthy dems/libs own more than one house - and what is wrong with that?

If they are Cindy's investments/homes, why would McCain need to know? Who cares?

Luntz the pollster had a focus group on this issue -- the obama ad attacking McCain and the McCain response (rezko) ad. Obama ad fell flat, McCain ad went through the roof as soon as those "corruption" implications aired.

Mark Halperin on This Week with George has it exactly right; Watch the vid, transcript as well; Had Donna B in a tizzy;
Time's Halperin: McCain's House Issue Harms Obama | NewsBusters.org

Old 08-25-2008, 07:45 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,634,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Now see....this right here is what pisses me off about this board (sorry to use you as an example, upton -- god knows you are not alone in doing this). I hear nothing from both camps except "yeah, but your guy" and the ever popular "but that was then". Come on people, is it really that hard to admit that your party (both dem and rep) have been handing you crap for candidates the last several years? That the candidates going back multi-decades are self serving, hypocritical elitist barstids? I mean really, is it that you guys are so entrenched in your party being right that you have lost the ability of cognitive thought, or are you all just too stuborn to admit you have been had?!

Kerry married an heiress just as mccain married an heiress just as edwards married an heiress.
clinton married a lawyer just as obama married a lawyer.
w rode his fathers coattails just as mccain has ridden his fathers coattails (albeit not to the whitehouse) and to a lesser extent just as obama rode his fathers coattails to one hell of a book deal.

they all have/had familly members that were/are azzholes.
I would call it a safe bet to say that they all have tried drugs. did drugs, and/or drank to excess numerous times.
Most have cheated on the wife/husband
All seem to have dubious friends and shady financial transactions.

Can anyone disagree with me??

Oh, I can --- his name is Ron Paul
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections