Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2008, 07:14 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,663,385 times

Advertisements

I thought her speech was a moving and beautiful example of the American dream at work, how could anyone criticize her family and their achievements. She is an amazing speaker and came across very sharp.

The interaction between Michelle, the kids, and Barack at the end was very genuine and cute.

Let's see Cindy get up there and talk about being raised with 15 platinum spoons in her mouth...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2008, 07:17 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,269,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post

Don't forget China with 1/6 of the worlds population is on an advance with their economics at the same way the industrial revolution was for us.
Every country is growing needing more and more oil to support that growth. We for a long time were well under what our oil prices should have been.....recent events brought it up to and well past where it should have been. Recently prices have adjusted and will continue to correct itself until it either evens out or get's to low.....then we will likely go through the same fluctuation unless energy needs/supplies are shifted.
I've thought about this, but it could also be a ploy...don't forget how much the government makes on each gallon of gas pumped.

I think, "we raise prices sky high, then slowly come back down and Americans thinks they're getting a break and get used to the higher prices that we plain out at. But, hey, let it up there for awhile...so that they all; feel better when we bring it back down slowly. But it will never come back down to where it was, and each and every business in this country took advantage of it.

Why even before Hurricane Fay hit Florida...Wall Street announced that oil went up...they're excuse was....SPECULATION THAT HURRICAN FLOYDE MIGHT HURT OUR OIL RIGS.... and the American public buys that?

Old 08-26-2008, 07:20 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,208,233 times
Michelle Obama is trying so hard to spin a story of how she and her husband are so down to earth and warm and fuzzy,
she had to say she loves our country, why should ANYONE have to say that?
That should be a given, and that got the biggest clapping....good grief!
When she envoked Hillay Clinton, what a hoot!!
I bet she had to say that a thousand times without choking....the sad thing is people bought it....pitiful

Old 08-26-2008, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkansasTraveler View Post
Would that be with an apple in its mouth...
I am so tired of American's backing corrupt behavior just because they are Repulican/Democrates...when people realize they voted for a person who was a bad President, just like I did the first time...then we've got something going for us...until then, America is screwed. I cannot believe how Republicans can justify what Bush has done to this country? Simply b/c they're afraid to say, I made a mistake? Nope, they back him b/c they voted for him and fear saying, hey, I was wrong?

I want change...just as much as anyone else...but the staunch lefts and rights will ruin this country.

Old 08-26-2008, 07:21 AM

372 posts, read 849,383 times
I very rarely vote democrat, but I thought she did well. She basically set the table and did a good job portraying her husband in the most favorable light possible. She wasn't there to talk policy, she was there to give "a woman's touch" to the convention.

My only knock on the speech is pretty minor. I hate when politicians placate and call themselves "simple folk" while changing their tone to sound like a country bumpkin'. You're Ivy League educated... you don't need to do that.

Aside from that brief moment, I thought she did well.

Off the script, her husband didn't do as well when stating that he was in St. Louis (instead of Kansas City). The proof will be in the pudding over the next two nights.

Old 08-26-2008, 07:32 AM

2,215 posts, read 3,615,423 times
The kids were cute but who does she think she is fooling.

Her story was a joke, millions of others have been in there shoes and become successful without the help of known criminals and terrorists behind them.

Do not forget she was struggling on 200k per year and got a double your salary jobs ONLY after her hubby became a Senator. Hand in the till Michelle?

And to think some people sat a cried. These people should not be voting.

I have always said here that the Obamas are the masters at making people feel good about themselves and control people with their ideas, well, I was right on afterall.

Sure they have done well, but they DID NOT do it on their own either.

They have got you all fooled people.

** More liberals jealous of the AMERICAN SUCCESS STORY of Cindy McCain **

Old 08-26-2008, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
Michelle Obama is trying so hard to spin a story of how she and her husband are so down to earth and warm and fuzzy,
she had to say she loves our country, why should ANYONE have to say that?
That should be a given, and that got the biggest clapping....good grief!
When she envoked Hillay Clinton, what a hoot!!
I bet she had to say that a thousand times without choking....the sad thing is people bought it....pitiful
I agree with you, on some ground that I don't like Hillary either...but, what she was stating was, it was a great head way for women...
and lets face it, they all have to back each other....but the point I'm trying to make is that she is promoting a new concept...EDUCATION and WORKING for what you want...she is setting example...which may have a profound effect on those in this country who would sit back and drain it. What I'm saying is....American's for some stupid reason, can't figure it out for themselves...they need leaders and trends to follow...so, maybe Michelle is a very good role model? Might make a big difference, might be a start? I don't know? But, I liked what she had to say...truth be told...is she playing the rah rah speech...maybe? Maybe not?

Old 08-26-2008, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Chick View Post

Her story was a joke, millions of others have been in there shoes and become successful without the help of known criminals and terrorists behind them.

Do not forget she was struggling on 200k per year and got a double your salary jobs ONLY after her hubby became a Senator. Hand in the till Michelle?

I have always said here that the Obamas are the masters at making people feel good about themselves and control people with their ideas, well, I was right on afterall.

You may be right, but Cindy McCain is and has been for years, strung out on perscription drugs...is she cured? I don't know...but I want to see how she presents herself...and I don't want any more years of the Republican policies. They are such a joke, Powell actually came out and said, he endorses Obama...which in my opinion, "speaks volumns".

Old 08-26-2008, 07:48 AM

1,617 posts, read 2,638,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Chick View Post

So only Cindy McCain's story is a success story? She was able to become successful without help from anyone? she was able to do it all on her own?

I thought American success stories were all about personal responsibility and pulling yourself up from your bootstraps as you hear so many times on CD.

Old 08-26-2008, 07:48 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,663,385 times
LOL that is rich! "American Success Story of Cindy McCain" OMG, I'm dying over here...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections