Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2008, 08:38 AM

2,011 posts, read 3,877,477 times

Advertisements

What do cute kids have to do with a speech by their mother?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2008, 09:20 AM

7,025 posts, read 11,405,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepejeep View Post

More importantly, why are there so many republican OP's who can't wait to insult the Obama's with the spelling skills of a 3rd grader?

I.E. speACH - WTH is that?

MEchelle - Michelle.

Obama cRist - Christ

Dim bulbs bent on wasting time childishly insulting people should at least be able to spell.

Old 08-26-2008, 09:22 AM

13,784 posts, read 26,244,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepejeep View Post
If you are referring to my post, I had posted early on in this thread that I felt the children speaking during her speech was a bit contrived and I, personally, do not like having children used as props in any way.

The conversation morphed from there. The children and their looks have nothing to do with her speech.

Old 08-26-2008, 09:25 AM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,108,186 times
At least Obama's kids recognize him. McCain has spent so little time with his children, only going home a couple of times a year, that they probably have no idea who he is.

Old 08-26-2008, 09:36 AM

7,993 posts, read 12,856,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
At least Obama's kids recognize him. McCain has spent so little time with his children, only going home a couple of times a year, that they probably have no idea who he is.
Of course Obama's kids recognize him. They spent MANY Sundays sitting by him in church....listening to the spewing of hate and anti-American rants from Obama's 20 year mentor.

Nothing like quality bonding time with your children!

Old 08-26-2008, 09:44 AM

2,779 posts, read 7,520,371 times
Autotroll.

Old 08-26-2008, 09:50 AM

1,827 posts, read 2,588,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
Cindy McCain's success story. Born to a convicted felon who was a member of the Lansky mob and who became super rich through spilling innocent blood and breaking the law. My mobster daddy left his first wife and children to marry my mommy. Daddy left me the money so I don't have to consider his other children at all and I call myself and only child. Learning from what I was taught, I took up with an older married man who left his crippled wife and children for me. Of course he has more or less left me stuck out in Arizona on my own since our marriage and only comes around a couple of times a year. And since he cheated WITH me I imagine he is probably cheating ON me. I founded a charity to help poor children get needed medicine but then I turned around and stole drugs that were donated for those poor children for my own use since I was an addict. I have lived my entire life in a luxury very, very few people can even imagine let alone experience. So here I am, ready to be a role model for young Americans. Just be sure to be born to a very wealthy mob boss, steal a crippled woman's husband, and buy him a senate seat. Then you too can live the American Dream.
Oh no'ssssssssss, ACQUITTED liquor rap, compared to the Kennedy's? LAUGHABLE!

Jim Hensley and Marley were charged by federal prosecutors with falsifying liquor records.[11] Defended by future Supreme Court Justice William Rehnquist, they were acquitted.

Shame, if Papa Kennedy would have left the mob alone JFK MIGHT be alive today BUT he stole an election with Chicago politics and got bit by his own dog, oh well.

Old 08-26-2008, 10:08 AM
LML

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingsOfGold View Post
Oh no'ssssssssss, ACQUITTED liquor rap, compared to the Kennedy's? LAUGHABLE!

Jim Hensley and Marley were charged by federal prosecutors with falsifying liquor records.[11] Defended by future Supreme Court Justice William Rehnquist, they were acquitted.

Shame, if Papa Kennedy would have left the mob alone JFK MIGHT be alive today BUT he stole an election with Chicago politics and got bit by his own dog, oh well.
You'd better go back and read some more. He was acquitted the FIRST time. The second time he was convicted and went to prison.
Part of what Don Bolles was investigating, at the time that they blew him up, was why the state was allowing a CONVICTED FELON...Jim Hensley...have a racetrack license when to do so was against state and federal law. Go back and read Jim Hensley's history.

Old 08-26-2008, 10:20 AM
LML

James Hensley profited handsomely from his association with liquor magnate Kemper Marley, a man police suspect ordered the 1976 murder of Arizona Republic reporter Don Bolles, who had written about Marley's business and political dealings. The man convicted of placing a bomb beneath Bolles' car testified that Marley also wanted former Arizona governor and then-attorney general Bruce Babbitt murdered because Babbitt had filed an antitrust lawsuit against the liquor industry in 1975. (Marley, who died in 1990, was never charged in the Bolles case. Babbitt is now U.S. Secretary of the Interior.) A federal jury in U.S. District Court of Arizona in March 1948 convicted James Hensley on seven counts of filing false liquor records in addition to the conspiracy charge. Eugene was convicted on 23 counts of filing false statements and the conspiracy count. Eugene was sentenced to one year in prison, and James to six months

Old 08-26-2008, 10:24 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,141,005 times
I dont know if anyone has posted a transcript of Michelle Obama's speech, but here it is:

Transcript: Michelle Obama's 'One Nation' - CNN.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections