Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2008, 10:33 AM

7,993 posts, read 12,856,042 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
I dont know if anyone has posted a transcript of Michelle Obama's speech, but here it is:

Transcript: Michelle Obama's 'One Nation' - CNN.com

Thank you. I read it online. I thought it was the worst piece of political pandering I have seen in quite awhile. She manages to sneak in comments throughout the speech that are basically rebuttals to the issues that people have with Obama. Her speech was scripted, weak and pandering at its finest!

Amazing how Meechelle now "loves" America when just a few months ago she viewed it as a "hateful" place. Simply amazing..........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2008, 10:34 AM

1,555 posts, read 1,978,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by islandmommy View Post
She's a great orator, but the speech was carefully without substance.
You were not paying attention. You were too busy frothing at the mouth.

Old 08-26-2008, 10:39 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,929,215 times
Did she mention her time at Harvard? Or her work at the Hospital?

This was her make-over to resemble all-american apple pie.

Not too effective since we have her other, UNSCRIPTED, remarks about being proud for her country and the ignorance of the rest of us.

Old 08-26-2008, 10:40 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,142,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
Thank you. I read it online. I thought it was the worst piece of political pandering I have seen in quite awhile. She manages to sneak in comments throughout the speech that are basically rebuttals to the issues that people have with Obama. Her speech was scripted, weak and pandering at its finest!

Amazing how Meechelle now "loves" America when just a few months ago she viewed it as a "hateful" place. Simply amazing..........
LOL! She "sneaked" in comments...ya, like hardly anyone was listening...only several million people...very sneaky...

"Scripted"...ya, like any speech before huge crowds...what? the repubs will just talk "off the cuff" at their convention????

"Pandering" ???? I just don't get that...ALL political speeches are pandering if that means trying to persuade people to be on your side.

"Weak"....nope, very strong!

America is a hateful place?...yes, in places like this forum and other places some people ARE hateful....it definitely is NOT always a Norman Rockwell painting.

Old 08-26-2008, 10:42 AM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,108,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Did she mention her time at Harvard? Or her work at the Hospital?

Do you actually think she is or should be ASHAMED of graduating Harvard or working for the hospital? Oh brother. Cindy should be proud of being a mob princess who was hooked on drugs but Michelle should be ashamed of graduating from Harvard and working for a hospital. What a skewed outlook on life.

Old 08-26-2008, 10:44 AM

7,993 posts, read 12,856,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
LOL! She "sneaked" in comments...ya, like hardly anyone was listening...only several million people...very sneaky...

"Scripted"...ya, like any speech before huge crowds...what? the repubs will just talk "off the cuff" at their convention????

"Pandering" ???? I just don't get that...ALL political speeches are pandering if that means trying to persuade people to be on your side.

"Weak"....nope, very strong!

America is a hateful place?...yes, in places like this forum and other places some people ARE hateful....it definitely is NOT always a Norman Rockwell painting.
We've all seen the true, ugly, hateful Meechelle and she isn't pretty. As hard as they can try to make her over, voters have very good memories. Her past hateful remarks are front of mind for many average Americans who will decide the presidency.

Old 08-26-2008, 10:47 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,929,215 times
Quote:
Do you actually think she is or should be ASHAMED of graduating Harvard or working for the hospital?
Can you point me to the passage in her speech where she spoke about it? I didn't watch her speech.

See, the "theme" was she is just like every other American family. How many go to Harvard and then complain and whine about it?

Old 08-26-2008, 10:52 AM

9,888 posts, read 10,818,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by christian. View Post
Was her ivy leage structure a bit too advanced for you to follow? It's OK, im not too convinced she's worried about what someone who can't even spell SPEECH thought of it.
Really? Please dont say that! I thought I was exactly who she cared about, those of us who didnt have barrack & michelle when we were growing up with an abusive parent, who didnt have them when we were forced to leave home with no where to go when we were 15 years old, those of us who had to drop out of school because we had to work to support ourselves, those of us who had to battle drug abuse with out barrack & michelle, those of us who had to work hard and overcome obstacles and build a life and a family all by ourselves with out barrack& michelle and their government programs of hope and change! Please, please, dont tell me that she doesnt care about me, I am counting the days until november 2nd, when I can place my vote for barrack and michelle and finally, finally, realize all of my hope's and dreams. Then i too can get my world class education and maybe be a better speller, just like you. Please dont steal that dream of hope from me!

Old 08-26-2008, 10:53 AM

9,888 posts, read 10,818,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by christian. View Post
Was her ivy leage structure a bit too advanced for you to follow? It's OK, im not too convinced she's worried about what someone who can't even spell SPEECH thought of it.
I cant spell leage either!

Old 08-26-2008, 10:57 AM

1,836 posts, read 3,182,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
were growing up with an abusive parent, who didnt have them when we were forced to leave home with no where to go when we were 15 years old, those of us who had to drop out of school because we had to work to support ourselves, those of us who had to battle drug abuse with out barrack & michelle
Sounds like you could have benefited from some of the programs democrats support and republicans would cut.

I'm not mad at 'ya.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections