Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2008, 08:03 AM

7,730 posts, read 14,133,607 times

Advertisements

The Associated Press: Cindy McCain to visit distressed Georgia (broken link)

Quote:
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) — John McCain told a crowd at a fundraiser that his wife is on her way to the embattled nation of Georgia, an announcement coming just hours before Barack Obama's wife makes a high-profile speech at the Democratic National Convention.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2008, 10:21 AM

100 posts, read 334,784 times
thought that was really strange, can honestly say I have never seen a "possible" first lady go overseas in a war area of the world....but over all havent heard anyone else even talk about it. I dont watch much news and when I do it isnt fox LOL

Old 08-26-2008, 10:23 AM

7,730 posts, read 14,133,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda757 View Post
thought that was really strange, can honestly say I have never seen a "possible" first lady go overseas in a war area of the world....but over all havent heard anyone else even talk about it. I dont watch much news and when I do it isnt fox LOL
I'm waiting for the hatred put on Pelosi when she went to the Middle East last year to be redirected to Cindy McCain. Of course, it won't be. Neither will the hatred placed on Hillary when Bill was President. Of course, Cindy may actually see some sniper fire, so she's got that on the Clintons. It's odd that she would do this given how many times the GOP camp has made accusations about Hillary and Michelle trying to dabble too much in the policies of their husbands. I suppose now the spouses are as much a part of the campaign as the candidates themselves. Expect hypocrisy. It's all the GOP has left.

Old 08-26-2008, 10:27 AM

6,022 posts, read 7,816,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
I'm waiting for the hatred put on Pelosi when she went to the Middle East last year to be redirected to Cindy McCain. Of course, it won't be. Neither will the hatred placed on Hillary when Bill was President. Of course, Cindy may actually see some sniper fire, so she's got that on the Clintons. It's odd that she would do this given how many times the GOP camp has made accusations about Hillary and Michelle trying to dabble too much in the policies of their husbands. I suppose now the spouses are as much a part of the campaign as the candidates themselves. Expect hypocrisy. It's all the GOP has left.
dont worry about that, if its a republican or a conservative their okay with it. if its a democrat or a liberal or anything of the opposition then they'll have something to say about it

Old 08-26-2008, 10:30 AM

100 posts, read 334,784 times
yeah I can only imagine what folks on here would be saying if it were michelle

oh the hypocrisy )

Old 08-26-2008, 10:31 AM

4,829 posts, read 7,736,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
Wouldn't they called Michelle Obama presumptous if she did something like this? Yet they claim the msm is not in love with the McCains.

Old 08-26-2008, 10:37 AM

479 posts, read 878,052 times
Good article! I had heard she is going over there to "assess the casualties"... whatever that means.I think the last line says it all "McCain said it's important to support Georgia because it's a democracy, but also because key oil pipelines run through the country."

And you better believe she will be using this experience in Georgia to help fill in her bland life next week at the RNC.

Old 08-26-2008, 10:44 AM

3,353 posts, read 4,950,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queens2QueenCity View Post
Good article! I had heard she is going over there to "assess the casualties"... whatever that means.I think the last line says it all "McCain said it's important to support Georgia because it's a democracy, but also because key oil pipelines run through the country."

And you better believe she will be using this experience in Georgia to help fill in her bland life next week at the RNC.
Cindy assessing the casualties...oh dear.

What's she going to do, stand there, look pretty and slightly dazed, and mumble that she's proud of her country...and that's it, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections