Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2008, 12:23 PM

1,836 posts, read 3,182,285 times

Advertisements

Does he really need to do this for the latino vote?

John McCain is not lying low - CNN.com

At least Obama was smart enough to denounce Ludacris's lyrics as "unacceptable".

Daddy Yankee Lyric's:

What part of the game is this my nigg a
Wish you was wit me in my 6 my nigg a
While you was flipping them bricks I figure
I been flooding the streets wit hits my nigg a
You told me give it my heart
I gave it my love
I gave it my life
But you was my blood
You bringing me pain dawg
But I'm on the grind
I'm trying to stay focused
I'm losing my mind
I'm missing you dearly
I wish you was here dawg
****ing these hoes wit me
But instead I'm in tears
But when you passed it rained
And God's tears took away the ****ing pain
So look man (ey)
I can't cry no more
You died once and you can't die no more (no more) (****)
So they can't stop me now
The only way is if they pop me now
I'ma hold it down

McCain, left, accepts the endorsement of recording artist Daddy Yankee, also known as Raymond Ayala, Monday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2008, 12:25 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,700,539 times
And how many "dirty rappers" and "dirty celebrities" have endorsed Obama? Mainly the African American ones that talk about taking your clothes off and screwing eachother.

I dont think this is the right tree to climb.

Old 08-26-2008, 12:28 PM

1,147 posts, read 1,898,428 times
Bet me too it. I was just about to post this. I wonder how his supporters will justify the hypocrisy of this.

I happen to like rap (not the crap Daddy Yankee puts out), but since Repubs go on and on about how all ray is evil, how will they justify their candidate accepting his endorsement. And to not only accept it but meet up to do it at a press event.

Old 08-26-2008, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocexpo View Post
And how many "dirty rappers" and "dirty celebrities" have endorsed Obama? Mainly the African American ones that talk about taking your clothes off and screwing eachother.

I agree. But Barack doesn't control who likes him. And he certainly doesnt parade them on stage to formerly show his acceptance of them.

Thats the big differance here.

In fact, the one rapper who publically came out in support of Obama with a song was denounced by Obama due to the lyrical content.

Old 08-26-2008, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Mainly the African American ones that talk about taking your clothes off and screwing eachother.
Wow, i just caught what you wrote.

wow

We see why Obama is not getting YOUR vote!

Old 08-26-2008, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK2Westchester View Post
I agree. But Barack doesn't control who likes him. And he certainly doesnt parade them on stage to formerly show his acceptance of them.

Thats the big differance here.

In fact, the one rapper who publically came out in support of Obama with a song was denounced by Obama due the the lyrical content.
Obama has accepted NUMEROUS celebrity endorsements.

I LOVE you liberal types who say "well, Obama cant really help that a bunch of scumbags endorse him" but when McCain gets an endorsement, you guys say "well, this endorsement shows what kind of candidate McCain really is."

Keep them coming, the double standards make me chuckle.

Old 08-26-2008, 12:37 PM

1,147 posts, read 1,898,428 times
Quote:
Obama has accepted NUMEROUS celebrity endorsements.

I LOVE you liberal types who say "well, Obama cant really help that a bunch of scumbags endorse him" but when McCain gets an endorsement, you guys say "well, this endorsement shows what kind of candidate McCain really is."

Keep them coming, the double standards make me chuckle.
I think you missed the point that they Repubs condemned him for taking those endorsements and now their candidate is going after them himself.

That is a double standard if I have ever seen one. So McCain + rappers = Good, but Obmama + rappers = Bad?

Old 08-26-2008, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIOC View Post
I think you missed the point that they Repubs condemned him for taking those endorsements and now their candidate is going after them himself.

That is a double standard if I have ever seen one. So McCain + rappers = Good, but Obmama + rappers = Bad?
Candidate plus 1 rapper=good. Candidate plus the entire rap community worshipping you=bad.

Old 08-26-2008, 12:39 PM

1,558 posts, read 2,597,435 times
Quote:

theres a difference between a rapper endorsing obama and when a mccain invites a rapper to perform after mccain does a speech

Old 08-26-2008, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK2Westchester View Post
Wow, i just caught what you wrote.

wow

We see why Obama is not getting YOUR vote!
I just report facts. Sorry, but thats truth.

And I am voting for McCain for his experience, not his skin color.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections