Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2008, 10:23 PM

1,425 posts, read 3,315,366 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK2Westchester View Post
oh please, he didnt back stab her. they were competitors for crying out loud. the clintons play the game well. they just didnt win.

how its that backstabbing?

should he have conceded the nomination to be a gentleman?
The right thing for him to have done is to have selected her for VP... that is what the people wanted and she would have been the best selection by far. She was the obvious selection but he didn't select her.... why not? Because he wasn't man enough to deal with it so he let everybody down in my opinion. He may very well lose if he does not do something big and I just don't see that happening... he has lost all his charm. Obama and Hillary made a powerful team but Obama and Biden are boring.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2008, 10:27 PM

1,309 posts, read 4,191,283 times
Quote:
So did Bush/Cheney. That worked out for us ok.
Things are obviously not perfect. But, in retrospect, I've definitely felt much safer with Bush/Cheney than with Gore (I don't mind Lieberman) or Kerry/Edwards.

Old 08-26-2008, 10:29 PM

1,836 posts, read 3,182,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookiemeister View Post
The right thing for him to have done is to have selected her for VP... that is what the people wanted
what people? her supporters wanted her to be president, not vice president.

Quote:
Because he wasn't man enough to deal with it so he let everybody down in my opinion.
what are you, 5?

Quote:
Obama and Hillary made a powerful team but Obama and Biden are boring.
Right and Bush/Cheney or soon the be McCain/? are just salsa kings? Give me a break.

With HIlary as VP the republicans would have ripped into her. How can she help run the country and offer any insight when she couldnt even tell her husband was getting blowed in the oval office. Her failed universal heathcare bill that waslaughed off the floor doing the clinton administration, etc...

Hilary has ALOT of baggage.

Old 08-26-2008, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Hilary has ALOT of baggage.
I actually think this is the case for most politicians on both sides of the aisle.

Old 08-26-2008, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenbacismama View Post
Things are obviously not perfect. But, in retrospect, I've definitely felt much safer with Bush/Cheney
Theres a bullseye on America when we look at the world map.

I don't feel safer.

Old 08-26-2008, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Theres a bulleye on America when we look at the world map.

I don't feel safer.
Realistically, though, that bullseye has been there for years. It was not created by Bush, or Bill Clinton for that matter.

Old 08-26-2008, 10:36 PM

Quote:
I actually think this is the case for most politicians on both sides of the aisle.
Well i'll roll with Barack. Somewhat clean slate. NO special interest money to "motivate" him. He seems to be good family man and a caring person.

He's not perfect but i'll be damned if i vote fo McCain and his decades of working in-line with special interests.

Old 08-26-2008, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Well i'll roll with Barack. Somewhat clean slate. NO special interest money to "motivate" him. He seems to be good family man and a caring person.

He's not perfect but i'll be damned if i vote fo McCain and his decades of working in-line with special interests.
Funny that all that Obama spews is "CHANGE". Where's the change when he chose a running mate who's been serving for more than 3 decades? I'll admit, I don't know much about Biden, but if he really wanted to create CHANGE in Washington, why didn't he have the guts to reach outside of the old guard?

Old 08-26-2008, 10:43 PM

2,215 posts, read 3,615,156 times
The lying weasel was in St Louis, no Kansas City, no at Bill Ayers house trying to find a way to cover up the Anneberg files.

I think we spotted him at the Seven Eleven getting a slushy with Joe Biden.

Weasel is being too kind for him.

Old 08-26-2008, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Funny that all that Obama spews is "CHANGE". Where's the change when he chose a running mate who's been serving for more than 3 decades? I'll admit, I don't know much about Biden, but if he really wanted to create CHANGE in Washington, why didn't he have the guts to reach outside of the old guard?
I think it's brilliant. Barack is an agent of change but he chose someone from the old guard who can help him string the rest along. Whats not to understand. If I started a new company and was CEO i would certainly hire people that have been around the block.

BUt i will still do things MY WAY.

With Biden, we get alot of wisdom to offer contrast to Obama's ideas, working together to make things BETTER. I would think they ground each other.

Biden is like ME (except i'm not white and not old! lol) in that his net worth is MAYBE 200K (ok, maybe mine is a bit more). He is not like the RICH OLD GUARD IN WASHINGTON. He takes the train home to Delaware rather then live in Washington.

He's happy not being rich. He too has his "issues" but they will each whip each other into shape in their own way.

It's not a bad match
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections