Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 07:19 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,629,859 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi View Post
Change is coming!!! and we are on the verge of the year 2012, the year the ancient Mayans and Native Americans say we will enter a new age of enlightenment!!
Many books I have read point to a possible dimensional shift. Thus creating a new order where humans may be able to perform fantastic feats. Not of body, but of mind. Some people, mainly those who seek to control and conquer, will not survive this change because they will be driven mad with anger and rage at no longer having the ability to control a now spiritually enlightened human race. Those who embrace this time of change,discovery, and peace will prosper in ways we have never imagined. Weather or not this is exactly how the change will go down, I know I am not alone when I say I can feel something big is on the way. Some of you will know what I am talking about. Its like how animals instinctively know when a natural event is coming before it happens. I think we all feel this coming change, tho some chose to ignore it. Something is coming, and I don't think Obama will have the slightest effect on it what so ever.
And sorry, I did not mean to get off the actual thread subject. And for what its worth, congrats Obama. Not my first choice, but then again none of our choices are my first choice. So what's the difference right. They are really all on the same team anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2008, 07:22 PM

365 posts, read 523,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
When he does not get nominated, just remember not to get stupid and blame it on anything OTHER than his positions and lack of direction.

Someone is going to win/someone is not...and it will be because of their ability to convince the voter of their message of hope, NOT the color of their skin.

When he does not get nominated, just remember not to get stupid and blame it on anything OTHER than his positions and lack of direction.
1st of all, what make you think he will not win?
2nd of all, what make you think anyone will get stupid because of not winning? "Stupid" is to talk like you are now! Since you don't know Obama, you should be watching the Dem Convention, so this way you will learn more about him, what he stands for, what he will do for this nation, and you will know the change I am talking about. Just incase you have not notice (such as McCain has not noticed) things have gotten so much worse - we need a change!

Someone is going to win/someone is not...and it will be because of their ability to convince the voter of their message of hope, NOT the color of their skin.
Sure someone is going to win, and for the sake of this nation, let's pray it is Obama.
-Please watch the Dem Convention because my time is too short to reach you tonight.

Old 08-27-2008, 07:31 PM

1,555 posts, read 1,971,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Positiveone View Post
yeah but this change is what i fear! Liberal obama in charge for 4-8 years! Oh man are we in for a rough change!
Yeah right. Because the last 8 years have been SUCH smooth sailing - Bush misleading the nation into war, lying over and over again to the american people, illegal wiretapping, waterboarding and torture, the Patriot Act (aka - the-president-has-the-power-to-suspend-all-civil-liberties act), alienating the global community, our economy going down the TOILET (we're in the worst shape economically since the great depression)...i could go on...
Uh, I'm not sure how it can get much rougher short of a nuclear war.

Old 08-27-2008, 07:38 PM

1,093 posts, read 3,411,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by traffic_light View Post
U.S.A. can not afford 4 more years of Bush-McCain (bad policies and failures); really 4 more months is too long. I think America is desperate and ready for a change, and we need a leader such as Obama who can deliver this needed change.

I am very confident that a change is coming: !!!PRESIDENT OBAMA!!!
How can you have change when his VP has spent over 30 years in gov't.....what change is that...NONE, same old c*ap...

Old 08-27-2008, 07:40 PM

1,827 posts, read 2,578,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLDanford View Post
Yeah right. Because the last 8 years have been SUCH smooth sailing - Bush misleading the nation into war, lying over and over again to the american people, illegal wiretapping, waterboarding and torture, the Patriot Act (aka - the-president-has-the-power-to-suspend-all-civil-liberties act), alienating the global community, our economy going down the TOILET (we're in the worst shape economically since the great depression)...i could go on...
Uh, I'm not sure how it can get much rougher short of a nuclear war.

Oh noooooooo's what to do, what to do! That evil Patriot Act that affects you how?????????????/

Old 08-27-2008, 07:44 PM

1,093 posts, read 3,411,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Im proud to see that we have advanced to where we should have been years ago, but ashamed that we think such a lousy candidate is so "great"
Exactly, we should do much better......time will tell....give him a chance...

Old 08-27-2008, 07:52 PM

1,555 posts, read 1,971,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingsOfGold View Post
Oh noooooooo's what to do, what to do! That evil Patriot Act that affects you how?????????????/
Are you KIDDING?!!!!! Affects ME - um, no, honey, it affects EVERYONE. We live in the Big Brother society. It is very disturbing stuff. OH but I probably shouldn't even be writing this because someone out there might be monitoring all of this...

"the Act increases the ability of law enforcement agencies to search telephone, e-mail communications, medical, financial and other records; eases restrictions on foreign intelligence gathering within the United States; expands the Secretary of the Treasury’s authority to regulate financial transactions, particularly those involving foreign individuals and entities;"
" In particular, opponents of the law have criticized its authorization of indefinite detentions of immigrants; searches through which law enforcement officers search a home or business without the owner’s or the occupant’s permission or knowledge; the expanded use of National Security Letters, which allows the FBI to search telephone, email and financial records without a court order; and the expanded access of law enforcement agencies to business records, including library and financial records. Since its passage, several legal challenges have been brought against the act, and Federal courts have ruled that a number of provisions are unconstitutional."
USA PATRIOT Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 08-27-2008, 07:57 PM

1,827 posts, read 2,578,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLDanford View Post
Are you KIDDING?!!!!! Affects ME - um, no, honey, it affects EVERYONE. We live in the Big Brother society. It is very disturbing stuff. OH but I probably shouldn't even be writing this because someone out there might be monitoring all of this...
Pesky black helicopters I'm ready, I just set up my genuine "Acme SAM Launcher" that I got from the Roadrunner show.

I imagine you LOVED Kucniege today?

Old 08-27-2008, 08:56 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,532,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingsOfGold View Post
The basis of our political systems is the right of the people to make and to alter their constitutions of government. But the Constitution which at any time exists, till changed by an explicit and authentic act of the whole people, is sacredly obligatory upon all. The very idea of the power and the right of the people to establish government presupposes the duty of every individual to obey the established government. All obstructions to the execution of the laws, all combinations and associations, under whatever plausible character, with the real design to direct, control, counteract, or awe the regular deliberation and action of the constituted authorities, are destructive of this fundamental principle, and of fatal tendency. They serve to organize faction, to give it an artificial and extraordinary force; to put, in the place of the delegated will of the nation the will of a party, often a small but artful and enterprising minority of the community; and, according to the alternate triumphs of different parties, to make the public administration the mirror of the ill-concerted and incongruous projects of faction, rather than the organ of consistent and wholesome plans digested by common counsels and modified by mutual interests.

President Washington

Old 08-27-2008, 09:00 PM

24,453 posts, read 33,125,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by traffic_light View Post
U.S.A. can not afford 4 more years of Bush-McCain (bad policies and failures); really 4 more months is too long. I think America is desperate and ready for a change, and we need a leader such as Obama who can deliver this needed change.

I am very confident that a change is coming: !!!PRESIDENT OBAMA!!!
We cannot afford Obama's $863 billion in spending for his proposed programs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections