Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 09:19 PM

3,491 posts, read 8,582,142 times

Advertisements

Just goes to show the McCain camp is running scared because all of their ads are negative attacks and dont focus at all what McCain would do as president
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2008, 09:22 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,154,953 times
Biden and McCain have been friends for decades.

Here's one article about it: McCain and Biden are both rivals and friends - USATODAY.com

Old 08-27-2008, 09:22 PM

1,966 posts, read 2,703,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
In what way is the truth pathetic?
The truth is not pathetic at all. Negative campaign ads are pathetic, and McCain loves releasing them.

People are allowed to change their minds, are they not? Clearly, Biden does not feel that way about Obama, or else he wouldn't have accepted the invitation to run for VP alongside him. Biden said what he said when he was campaigning AGAINST Obama, just like Hillary said some things similar when she was running AGAINST Obama. They have both since acknowledged that they feel Obama is an excellent Presidential candidate, and that he'll be a fantastic President when he's elected in a couple months. Obviously, people running against each other are going to disagree with each other, but people are certainly allowed to change their perspectives and their minds.

FACT: Joe Biden does not feel that Obama isn't ready for the job. If he did, he wouldn't be his running mate. Um...duh?

FACT: McCain just can't seem to come up with many positive things to advertise about himself, so he's resorted to releasing attack ad after attack ad.

^That's quite pathetic. The truth is not pathetic. But trying to portray that the Democratic VP candidate still believes his running mate isn't ready to be President, is just ridiculous.

Old 08-27-2008, 09:24 PM

53 posts, read 322,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BK2Westchester View Post
go to sleep.
How about yourself?

Old 08-27-2008, 09:25 PM

714 posts, read 1,539,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Politico View Post
The truth is not pathetic at all. Negative campaign ads are pathetic, and McCain loves releasing them.

People are allowed to change their minds, are they not? Clearly, Biden does not still feel that way about Obama, or else he wouldn't have accepted the invitation to run for VP alongside him. Biden said what he said when he was campaigning AGAINST Obama, just like Hillary said somethings similar when she was running AGAINST Obama. Obviously, people running against each other are going to disagree with each other.

FACT: Joe Biden does not STILL feel that Obama isn't ready for the job. If he did, he wouldn't be his running mate. Um...duh?

FACT: McCain just can't seem to come up with many positive things to advertise about himself, so he's resorted to releasing attack ad after attack ad.

^That's quite pathetic. No, the truth is not pathetic. But trying to portray that the Democratic VP candidate still believes his running mate isn't ready to be President, is just ridiculous.
Ok I get it....you are saying that flip flopping is ok. Great ...thanks for clearing that up. I guess I was thinking that he would just say that he thinks O is ready...because we'll I dunno...maybe he wants to be VP...?

Old 08-27-2008, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanieuk View Post
Ok I get it....you are saying that flip flopping is ok. Great ...thanks for clearing that up. I guess I was thinking that he would just say that he thinks O is ready...because we'll I dunno...maybe he wants to be VP...?
blah blah blah

I hope you're able to learn a thing or two about how the real world works in those college classes of yours. Come back when you've grown up a little and have experienced some time in the real world.

Old 08-27-2008, 09:34 PM

714 posts, read 1,539,486 times
Quote:
blah blah blah

I hope you're able to learn a thing or two about how the real world works in those college classes of yours. Come back when you've grown up a little and have experienced some time in the real world.
I guess you ran out of things to complain about? I could give you my resume, but it might shock you....college was a long long time ago

Old 08-27-2008, 09:35 PM

Quote:
I guess you ran out of things to complain about?
Who's complaining? There's a difference between pointing out the obvious, and complaining. What? They didn't teach you that in college?

Quote:
I could give you my resume, but it might shock you
Um, yeah, doubtful.

Quote:
college was a long long time ago
Now that's shocking.

Old 08-27-2008, 09:52 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,165,825 times
Quote:
So Biden makes a statement on television, McCain includes it in a commericial with no misrepresentation, and it's negative?

Quote:
People are allowed to change their minds, are they not?
That makes them fickle, which is an undesirable quality.

Quote:
Clearly, Biden does not feel that way about Obama, or else he wouldn't have accepted the invitation to run for VP alongside him.
He was offered the Vice Presidency of the US, not the vice presidency of a mom-n-pop grocery store.

Quote:
Biden said what he said when he was campaigning AGAINST Obama
Then Biden should have used better judgment and chose a better response.

Or are you suggesting Biden will say anything when under pressure?

Quote:
They have both since acknowledged that they feel Obama is an excellent Presidential candidate
Because if they did not, the Democrat Party would kick them out. There is no law that requires the Democrat Party to give either Clinton or Biden campaign funds in their next re-election bid, just as their is no law that requires the Democrat Party to support either Clinton or Biden in their next re-election bid. That's a moot issue for Biden, but if Clinton does not say the things people want to hear with respect to Obama, the Democrats will field another challenger in her place as a senator from New York. So if she wanted to remain as a senator, she'd have to run as an independent and spend her own money.

Quote:
Obviously, people running against each other are going to disagree with each other, but people are certainly allowed to change their perspectives and their minds.
So three months ago he was too inexperience d to be president, but now he suddenly has the experience? What flavor Kool-Aid is that?

Quote:
FACT: Joe Biden does not feel that Obama isn't ready for the job. If he did, he wouldn't be his running mate. Um...duh?
FACT: Joe Biden will not be Obama's running mate for long if he continues to criticize Obama... duh.

Quote:
Those are not attack ads. McCains' campaign ads are merely showing documented evidence of how Biden and Clinton characterized Obama.

Old 08-27-2008, 09:59 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
McCains ads have been brilliant. First the media love, celebrity, and The One ads lifted the fog and haze and suddenly people realized he's not all he claimed to be.

The obama campaign certainly had plans to use some of the berlin footage in their ads. Do they do that now? Nice preemptive strike on McCain's part.

You guys have seen this new and improved The One - with "bodysurfing" clips. Brilliant and hilarious, you must admit.

YouTube - The One II: Road To Denver

Also brilliant using Hillary's and others democrats words to pound obama.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections