U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 10:54 PM

618 posts, read 350,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BK2Westchester View Post
Yeah, these were the first black presidents. LMAO!!!

You people are a freggin joke.

No joke kiddo!

Christ, don't you know that some black people look white.
I personally met a lot of them. They migt not be 100%
black, but that is part black. Any black is black.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2008, 11:21 PM

2,869 posts, read 6,031,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondie621 View Post
Obama will win this election unless the repugs do their dirting illegal fixing of the machines in Florida as they did with Gore. Gore won that election hands down. The dirty repugs messed with the machines in Florida. Jeb Bush the crook was in control! Watch Recount on HBO if you are uneducated to the true facts!
Gore did not win, that was proven. Gore is Nashville's Laughing Stock. He was in the paper for having the highest electric bill in all of Nashville. Noone used as much energy as him. He was not even mentioned in the state capital building. When we brought him up, the tour guide said not that cry baby.

Diane G

Old 10-21-2008, 11:25 PM

8,063 posts, read 11,345,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fancofu View Post
I expect all adults to have a basic grasp on logic and how it pertains to discussion. Is it really too much to ask for?
In a word, yes. They don't even teach basic logic in schools anymore.

Old 10-21-2008, 11:28 PM

8,063 posts, read 11,345,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
Now look who's being condescending..
And he is not my saviour.. is John your messiah?
Nope, but he's never been presented as such, has he? No aura, mystique or "coolness" factor, I'm afraid. Just a candidate with much pertinent experience. Rational people don't need to "feel a tingle" from politicans to support their candidacies.

Old 10-27-2008, 09:16 PM

3,905 posts, read 5,455,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimpy View Post
Surprise! America's First Black President Is A Dead Republican | PEEK | AlterNet (http://www.alternet.org/blogs/peek/59183/ - broken link)

So many people voting for BHO not because they agree with his message (if he even has one), but to "make history" by putting a black man in office for the first time... and as it turns out, we already did that 80 years ago.

Republican "Warren G" Harding was actually our first black president in 1920. This is not invoking the "one drop" rule and claiming he had a black ancestor centuries earlier. The man's great-grandmother was black. When you consider that Barack Hussein Obama is just as white as he is black, I don't see why it would be that much bigger of a deal to elect him than it was to elect Harding.

Maybe it's time for idiots like Ludacris and MOD CUT Winfrey to start paying attention to the issues on which Mr. Obama is obviously clueless instead of trying to make history that has already been made.
And obama's mother qualified for DAR and so do his daughter's and he does for SAR ( read his ancestry on any good website; try NEHGS)... he is half white. He doesn't admit it unless it is beneficial

Old 10-27-2008, 09:20 PM

3,108 posts, read 4,837,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloTransplant View Post
And obama's mother qualified for DAR and so do his daughter's and he does for SAR ( read his ancestry on any good website; try NEHGS)... he is half white. He doesn't admit it unless it is beneficial
He been told people he is biracial. What would he benefit from for being half white?

Old 10-27-2008, 09:27 PM

5,032 posts, read 3,680,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimpy View Post
Maybe it's time for idiots like Ludacris and MOD CUT Winfrey to start paying attention to the issues on which Mr. Obama is obviously clueless instead of trying to make history that has already been made.
I think there are plenty of other idiots closer at hand.

Was Warren Harding treated as a black man as he was raised? Did the general public think of him as a black man? Did his opponents make it an issue in his campaigns?

You know what you can do with your asinine claim.

Old 10-27-2008, 09:38 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,511 posts, read 11,674,205 times
The amount of Blacks who have white in them is astounding--to them--and they won't acknowledge it b'c of their extreme hatred for Whites. These Blacks are self-loathing. So, I suppose that the amount of Whites with Black in them is very high as well. Not quite as high as the reverse, but high, so I wouldn't be a bit surprised if this were true. In fact, I've wondered about it myself as I've met many people who claim their Black heritage, although, you couldn't tell by looking at them if you looked at them all day. I couldn't care less about the color of someone's skin. I just don't want to hear the woe-is-me no one likes me b'c my skin is [fill in the blank] bit anymore.

Old 10-27-2008, 09:44 PM

511 posts, read 399,887 times
well you know what WHO CARES who is black or white. This thread suggests people are voting because he is black in him. Not me, I like him and his politics. I could care less what color.
Lets talk about the so called white alternative ...
sarah..5 babys, and a pregnant unwed mother for a daughter...
mccain on his second wife after cheating on the first with her, wife who steals pills from her own charity.. man no thanks, talk about some stereotypes being reversed..lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections