U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-27-2008, 10:07 PM
 
Location: Florida
2,327 posts, read 5,944,384 times
Reputation: 2304

Advertisements

Surprise! America's First Black President Is A Dead Republican | PEEK | AlterNet (http://www.alternet.org/blogs/peek/59183/ - broken link)

So many people voting for BHO not because they agree with his message (if he even has one), but to "make history" by putting a black man in office for the first time... and as it turns out, we already did that 80 years ago.

Republican "Warren G" Harding was actually our first black president in 1920. This is not invoking the "one drop" rule and claiming he had a black ancestor centuries earlier. The man's great-grandmother was black. When you consider that Barack Hussein Obama is just as white as he is black, I don't see why it would be that much bigger of a deal to elect him than it was to elect Harding.

Maybe it's time for idiots like Ludacris and MOD CUT Winfrey to start paying attention to the issues on which Mr. Obama is obviously clueless instead of trying to make history that has already been made.

Last edited by NewToCA; 08-28-2008 at 08:02 AM.. Reason: offensive
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-28-2008, 11:43 AM
miu
 
Location: MA/NH
15,481 posts, read 32,333,549 times
Reputation: 13881
Interesting. Thanks for posting this!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-28-2008, 11:50 AM
miu
 
Location: MA/NH
15,481 posts, read 32,333,549 times
Reputation: 13881
Well here's a more interesting article claiming that America's had five black presidents so far. Thomas Jefferson, Andrew Jackson, Abraham Lincoln, Warren Harding and Calvin Coolidge.

Black People And Their Place In World History
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-28-2008, 11:52 AM
 
Location: Alexandria, VA
1,774 posts, read 2,460,819 times
Reputation: 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimpy View Post
Surprise! America's First Black President Is A Dead Republican | PEEK | AlterNet (http://www.alternet.org/blogs/peek/59183/ - broken link)

So many people voting for BHO not because they agree with his message (if he even has one), but to "make history" by putting a black man in office for the first time... and as it turns out, we already did that 80 years ago.

Republican "Warren G" Harding was actually our first black president in 1920. This is not invoking the "one drop" rule and claiming he had a black ancestor centuries earlier. The man's great-grandmother was black. When you consider that Barack Hussein Obama is just as white as he is black, I don't see why it would be that much bigger of a deal to elect him than it was to elect Harding.

Maybe it's time for idiots like Ludacris and MOD CUT Winfrey to start paying attention to the issues on which Mr. Obama is obviously clueless instead of trying to make history that has already been made.

Uuuummm......are you confused or just simply....???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-28-2008, 11:53 AM
miu
 
Location: MA/NH
15,481 posts, read 32,333,549 times
Reputation: 13881
A 60 year old black woman claiming to be a fifth cousin to Harding wrote a book about her family history called Warren Harding U.S. President 29: Death By Blackness in 2005.

Black woman details ties to Warren G. Harding
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-28-2008, 11:53 AM
 
Location: Eastern Shore
1,827 posts, read 2,257,025 times
Reputation: 188
Well that settles it, I'm not voting for him anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-28-2008, 11:57 AM
 
1,353 posts, read 3,071,095 times
Reputation: 870
During the election of 1860, Abe Lincoln's political enemies, and especially amongst the Southern and copperhead media, accused him of being "tainted" with black African blood. Those were the forebears of today's Fox News.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-28-2008, 11:58 AM
 
Location: Eastern Shore
1,827 posts, read 2,257,025 times
Reputation: 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by xavierob82 View Post
During the election of 1860, Abe Lincoln's political enemies, and especially amongst the Southern and copperhead media, accused him of being "tainted" with black African blood. Those were the forebears of today's Fox News.
And Lincoln being a Republican....................
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-28-2008, 11:59 AM
 
Location: Alexandria, VA
1,774 posts, read 2,460,819 times
Reputation: 213
Hahahaha......so many Clowns on CD
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-28-2008, 11:59 AM
 
Location: New York City
1,836 posts, read 2,784,348 times
Reputation: 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Well here's a more interesting article claiming that America's had five black presidents so far. Thomas Jefferson, Andrew Jackson, Abraham Lincoln, Warren Harding and Calvin Coolidge.

Black People And Their Place In World History
Yeah, these were the first black presidents. LMAO!!!

You people are a freggin joke.

http://home1.gte.net/~vze2rdt7/ThomasJefferson.jpg (broken link)
http://euphrates.wpunj.edu/courses/ciee_611/lovell/lincoln.jpg (broken link)http://home.intekom.com/southafricanhistoryonline/pages/classroom/pages/projects/grade12/lesson7/images/calvin-coolidge.jpg (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top